Welcome to PatsFans.com

As I watch Indy-Jax, one thought occurs:

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by oldrover, Oct 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldrover

oldrover Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Indianapolis is one helluva football team. They are systematically grinding it out against a tough Jag defense... plus the Colts defense is layin' the lumber. Man, that game two weeks from now will be something else.
  2. Nordy

Nordy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Jags offense just isn't very good, especially with Garrard out. But yes it will be a slobberknocker.
  3. Solaris

Solaris Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well....duh! :p

But I still feel a team with speed and intelligence can have success against that defense. They are fast and swarm to the ball so as an offense, you have to be disciplined. Oppotunities will be there against a defense like that, it's a matter of taking those opportunities when they are presented. The Colts can play that aggresive because of the speed they have and they can recover from mistakes they make. They are willing to make mistakes because their speed will force mistakes too.

Can't wait for Nov. 4!
  4. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Yup, if these guys can hold the JAGS to 7 with a third string QB, they should have no trouble holding us to 38 with Brady. :rolleyes:
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Actually, they both look anemic....... Particularly with Manning's last interception.
  6. Bo0MeR

Bo0MeR Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Even with Garrad in the Jags couldn't score, remember, the 3rd best rated QB in the AFC
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  7. LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks

LoganMankinsPancakeBlocks Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Only due to the fact that he's thrown no INT's. You could use passer rating if you'd like, but it's pretty obvious that the guy is nothing more than solid. He's a game manager, not a top 3 QB regardless of what passer rating tells you.
  8. Bo0MeR

Bo0MeR Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I wasn't saying he was great all I'm saying he has shown he is a above average QB atleast this year so far and he still couldn't get it done when he was on the field
  9. amazinPats

amazinPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Colts looked totally uninspired tonight. Jags D came to play but they have no qb and Del Rio is an idiot on his play calls. Not a very impressive win, though I'm sure they'll take it! :D
  10. zarakotas5

zarakotas5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree. With the exception of couple of nice grabs by Wayne and the safety, they look very beatable.
  11. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 1 / -0

I just don't think the jags are any better than they were when we killed them the last few times we played. And they played most of the game with an UDFA back-up QB and a coach who would call a freakin' PASS PLAY in the shadow of his own end zone with that same UDFA back-up QB behind center.

They are a so-so team. People saying they're as good as Dallas have got to be kidding.
  12. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

He was on the field for 8 snaps.
  13. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Dude, Gray SUCKS.............

besides that JAX hasn't been all that impressive to ME this year.
  14. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 1 / -2

#37 Jersey

The Colts O was their best D this game. They kept the Jags D on the field and tired them out. I'm telling you right now, it is hot down here. The temperature may say 78-76 degrees but the humidity is a killer. I know, I live here in Jax.

Now the Colts are a great team in their own right but these Jags still are not in the Pats or Colts league, they would give Dallas a good game but I think Dallas is better because they have a better O with Romo, Owens, and Witten.

Not sure why the Jags didn't run to start off the game and that reverse on 4th and 1 was stoooopid! The one thing that this game did show is that the Colts are still susceptible against the run, even with Sanders in the game. This is where we are going to miss Morris if he isn't back by 11/4. The Pats O-line is ten times better than the Jags O-line and the Jags WR's are just that JAGS.
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2007
  15. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 5 / -3

I think the Colts are a great team, but I wasn't all that impressed with them tonight. They struggled at times on offense. The Jags coaching staff made some really bonehead plays and did not put their inexperienced in the best position to succeed. If Garrard was in and Del Rio didn't make so many stupid calls, this would have been a much closer game. The Colts would probably still have won because they are the better team, but it would have been closer.
  16. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +396 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

Football Outsiders ranked the Jags' defense #14 coming in. The best "quick" stats analysis, IMO, says they're somewhat overated.
  17. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +58 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

No teams secondary has been able to cover our recievers,and tight ends all year and I don't see that changing with the Colts.
  18. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Del Rio actually had a GOOD game plan by coming out throwing passes(instead of running it), especially with Bob Sanders playing that 8th man in the box.

However-as good as Gerrard is, he's NOT the type of QB that can change the course of the game with his arm. Sure-he made some nice throws with their early pass happy game plan, but he's nonetheless not that type of guy who can take charge and lead his team down the field by himself.
  19. DisgruntledTunaFan

DisgruntledTunaFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Yeah-like Dallas, they don't respond well to the spread O, which the Colts did alot of tonight.
  20. skri65

skri65 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I think you're right. And there's no way around it. They are a darn good team, and it will be a great game come Nov. 4. A huge, huge, huge test for our defense.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.