PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As I was saying...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Presumably you have access to data not published by the Patriots: Official New England Patriots - Team - Roster Reports

Graham: 6'3" 257 (For his Combine he was measured at 6'3" 248)
Thomas: 6'3" 248 (For his Combine he was measured at 6'3" 252)
Watson: 6'3" 255 (For his Combine he was measured at 6'3" 258)

For his first year, the Pats listed Graham at 6'3" 253. Official New England Patriots - Team - Roster Reports

It is entirely likely the Pats don't provide accurate data on the roster sheet regarding a player's actual weight and height, but looking at Graham and Watson side-by-side I never noticed one to be more imposing physically than the other. Kyle Brady was listed at 6'6" 280, he looked like the Hulk next to Watson.

I only went by what graham said to a group of us at a benefit........players don't get weighed every year............the numbers on rosters are generally accurate only the day the guy is weighed........the perfect example is wilfork who has varied from 310 to 345 in his career, but has always been listed at 325.......

just going by what the guy himself said

Presumably you have access to data not published by the Patriots: Official New England Patriots - Team - Roster Reports

Graham: 6'3" 257 (For his Combine he was measured at 6'3" 248)
Thomas: 6'3" 248 (For his Combine he was measured at 6'3" 252)
Watson: 6'3" 255 (For his Combine he was measured at 6'3" 258)

For his first year, the Pats listed Graham at 6'3" 253. Official New England Patriots - Team - Roster Reports

It is entirely likely the Pats don't provide accurate data on the roster sheet regarding a player's actual weight and height, but looking at Graham and Watson side-by-side I never noticed one to be more imposing physically than the other. Kyle Brady was listed at 6'6" 280, he looked like the Hulk next to Watson.

Interesting, I really would've said Graham was way bigger than Watson. Guess he just plays bigger from a blocking standpoint.

I only went by what graham said to a group of us at a benefit........players don't get weighed every year............the numbers on rosters are generally accurate only the day the guy is weighed........the perfect example is wilfork who has varied from 310 to 345 in his career, but has always been listed at 325.......

If that's what he told you it's cool, I'm just limited to published numbers and the small screen eyeball test. I do know players are weighed in regularly by the teams to monitor them, but that's for internal use.

Players may not get wieghed for publication purposes, but players get wieghed a lot. During my brief three days as a Dolt, we were weighed before and after every practice.

In college the trainers weighed us nearly daily during the season and and weekly while school was in and we were lifting.

You once were a member of an NFL team, albeit the dolts? Congrats, though isn't 3 days almost a record?

I have always been puzzled by the published listing of a players height/weight. It would never change throughout a career, esp. if he didn't change positions. Even then, those #s could vary, dep. on the publication. For ex., I have seen Gary Guyton's #s anywhere from 6'/235 to 6'2+/245+. Those differences, however slight, could make a real difference, however subtle, in a player's performance/versatility. Whom are we to believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back