PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As far as scams go

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
As far as scams go, videogate (a continuing obsession with Peter King and other Mother Theresas) is about as irrelevant as any I've heard. We know that George Hallas wired the visiting locker room. We know that the Cowboys sprayed teflon all over their jerseys prior to the 12-12 tie we had with them down there in the Parcells era. We know that the Colts pumped up the sound. We know that one of the, gasp, Green Bay Packers, was involved in gambling during the pristine sixties. We know that the Giants stole radio signals to get to the SB against the Ravens. Who the hell knows what the *Ravens* did? Who the hell knows what they all do to the Patriots?

We know that for years coaches have covered their mouths with clipboards. We know that for years coaches have changed up defensive signals. We know that espionage is embedded in the culture of the NFL.

So I ask you: Does anybody actually think it's a good idea to try and cleanse all of this espionage out of the game? Could Good-Goodell or Theresa King actually be that stupid? If it would work, I'd say fine, but WHO ARE WE KIDDING? And *why* are we kidding? Take away the subterfuge and spying and extra preparation and what do you have? A bunch of idiots who think they're playing fair. What is fair? FAIR? You think the NFL is about fairness? Don't make me laugh.

We're not talking about gambling here. We're not talking about destroying the integrity of the game with tampered results by officials or players. The game's integrity depends on espionage though. It's a game of brains and cunning, and even Bobby Fisher used it against Boris Spasky, and vice versa, and you cannot take that out of sport or you kill the competitive urge.

Maybe that wouldn't be so bad: Kill the competitive urge. Then Mother Theresa can see her Sisters of the Poor finally get a SB ring. That's what it's about isn't it? The light is dawning on MarbleHeads right now: The NFL is not in an era of parity. That was BULLCRAP. Smart people always get ahead. Are we trying to take that away too?

And another thing: Bill would not have put the camera on the field right under Mangenius' nose if he actually believed it would imperil his team's future. Nobody is that stupid. Theresa King insists that it was arrogance that caused that, but I'm telling Theresa that even arrogance itself is not that stupid. Arrogance still wants to succeed and it's obviously not going to succeed by putting a camera in full view of the pissants. So say all you want about arrogance, but I think you're full of hot air and making up stories as you go. Arrogance was a theory, not a fact, and you blurred the line and continue to blur it without ever going back to look at your own assumptions.

So assume this: Bill is not that stupid even if he is arrogant.

And assume this: If an NFL coach says he's not arrogant he's a liar.

The assume this: Don't knock what has worked for many years - arrogant dominators beating each other up on Sundays for our pleasure.

So there. Now go lie down and say a rosary because the next great white hope (the Cowboys) are going to take the pipe as they deserve. I hope you have lots of dough riding on it Theresa. Oh, you don't ever make wagers, I forgot. Well make a damned prediction then. Then eat it.

The history of NFL coaches using technology to gain an advantage has long been identified with GAMESMANSHIP, usually eliciting a laugh, some curses, a kicked dog and a slap on the back or wrist. Only in this case has the C word been used, mainly by a whining traitorous crybaby, a collection of sore losers, and legitimately stupid press hacks with ulterior motives.

As far as scams go, videogate (a continuing obsession with Peter King and other Mother Theresas) is about as irrelevant as any I've heard. We know that George Hallas wired the visiting locker room. We know that the Cowboys sprayed teflon all over their jerseys prior to the 12-12 tie we had with them down there in the Parcells era. We know that the Colts pumped up the sound. We know that one of the, gasp, Green Bay Packers, was involved in gambling during the pristine sixties. We know that the Giants stole radio signals to get to the SB against the Ravens. Who the hell knows what the *Ravens* did? Who the hell knows what they all do to the Patriots?

We know that for years coaches have covered their mouths with clipboards. We know that for years coaches have changed up defensive signals. We know that espionage is embedded in the culture of the NFL.

So I ask you: Does anybody actually think it's a good idea to try and cleanse all of this espionage out of the game? Could Good-Goodell or Theresa King actually be that stupid? If it would work, I'd say fine, but WHO ARE WE KIDDING? And *why* are we kidding? Take away the subterfuge and spying and extra preparation and what do you have? A bunch of idiots who think they're playing fair. What is fair? FAIR? You think the NFL is about fairness? Don't make me laugh.

We're not talking about gambling here. We're not talking about destroying the integrity of the game with tampered results by officials or players. The game's integrity depends on espionage though. It's a game of brains and cunning, and even Bobby Fisher used it against Boris Spasky, and vice versa, and you cannot take that out of sport or you kill the competitive urge.

Maybe that wouldn't be so bad: Kill the competitive urge. Then Mother Theresa can see her Sisters of the Poor finally get a SB ring. That's what it's about isn't it? The light is dawning on MarbleHeads right now: The NFL is not in an era of parity. That was BULLCRAP. Smart people always get ahead. Are we trying to take that away too?

And another thing: Bill would not have put the camera on the field right under Mangenius' nose if he actually believed it would imperil his team's future. Nobody is that stupid. Theresa King insists that it was arrogance that caused that, but I'm telling Theresa that even arrogance itself is not that stupid. Arrogance still wants to succeed and it's obviously not going to succeed by putting a camera in full view of the pissants. So say all you want about arrogance, but I think you're full of hot air and making up stories as you go. Arrogance was a theory, not a fact, and you blurred the line and continue to blur it without ever going back to look at your own assumptions.

So assume this: Bill is not that stupid even if he is arrogant.

And assume this: If an NFL coach says he's not arrogant he's a liar.

The assume this: Don't knock what has worked for many years - arrogant dominators beating each other up on Sundays for our pleasure.

So there. Now go lie down and say a rosary because the next great white hope (the Cowboys) are going to take the pipe as they deserve. I hope you have lots of dough riding on it Theresa. Oh, you don't ever make wagers, I forgot. Well make a damned prediction then. Then eat it.
Turned up the heat too. Don't forget that one. I wondered why the Colts ball boys were rolling out the "Cool Zones" on our sidelines last January. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back