PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As far as Brady, did we really expect 07 again??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought the 3rd preseason game was a barometer, was quite optimistic, but once again proven wrong... it is obvious that the O is out of sync, and Brady has some timing issues..

Well, it looks like he's going to throw even MORE than he did in 07, which is not a good thing

One thing we have not touched on, is maybee not his knee but his shoulder?? It might be a bit tweaked and he is playing thru it.. Who knows, but just a suggestion.

I didn't expect 2007, but I expected him to have at least 4or 5 TDs by Game 2 with our wide receivers, not 2. Brady at 90 percent is better than 90 percent of quarterbacks in the league. Getting outdueled by Dirty Sanchez was a joke.

Galloway is not a #2 receiver when Welker does not play,not even #3 at this point,I really don't know if he will ever synch with Brady and should be 4th on the depth chart - I think his best days are long gone and maybe Aiken or Edelman maybe even Nunn would do better ,I was hoping Matt Jones could have been signed in the offseason,OH Well :(

I think I did expect it, but now I realize how unrealistic that expectation was. Especially when he's only got Moss/Watson as his experienced receivers. It will take some time but I think we'll see a lot better play this weekend against the Falcons. This team always bounces back and plays well.

You really can't understimate how important Welker is to this offense.

I posted my comment before reading yours but said the same thing. Everyone is going to post how they didn't expect the same thing, and most of them are lying through their teeth.

Re-read some of the prediction threads/how many losses threads, and you'll see that some certainly weren't taking the schedule lightly at all. Besides that, many did expect a different team with all of the losses at defense--hell, we lost half of the defense. I agree that a change was in order defensivly, but I'm not sure about it happening all at once. Seymour may have been the icing on the cake, (although it'll help in 2012 when the selction has had a yr or so to learn the system etc) but some did expect things to be different, for sure.

What some didn't expect was Mayo getting hurt, Welker being down, the offensive line looking as bad as they do, an insane amount of penalties, and less than top tier coaching. There has been no running game, Galloway looks lost at best, and they have played like a shell of their former selves. I know that I didn't come close to expecting that at all.

If not for a once in 100 chance of McKelvin getting stripped of the ball, we're 0-2 staring 2-0 powerhouse playoff teams Atlanta and Baltimore right in the face, probably splitting at best and starting 1-3. I don't think anyone planned on starting 1-3 or even 2-2, but there were indeed lots, that knew we had absolute challenges every single week.

If Brady knew that he wasn't yet ready to go, he should have been pestering BB to let him get more time in the exhibition games. If BB knew that Brady wasn't ready to go, he should have played him more in the exhibition games.

If they both thought that Brady was ready to go, that's just another mistake to put in the column since the end of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back