PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

As a Pats fan who do you WANT to win and WHY (Falcons or SF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALP

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I want atlanta to win, just b/c worst case scenario id like for Gonzalez to get his ring, and b/c of the non-pats teams remaining id like the falcons to take it if pats dont

i dont see much diff b/w who is easier matchup, after what SF did to us in reg. season i think they would NOT want to play the Pats again, b/c we are NOT the texans, and we will come mad

Falcons:
-Tony Gonzalez
-Matt Ryan (BC)
-Jacquizz Rodgers
-easier opponent
-Kaepernick hype is annoying

Falcons. Way better of a matchup, plain and simple.

Falcons

But I think if we controlled the ball against SF we could do damage on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Falcons:
-Tony Gonzalez
-Matt Ryan (BC)
-Jacquizz Rodgers
-easier opponent
-Kaepernick hype is annoying

this... but I don't really care about opponent, I just don't want to hear the Kaepernick hype for 2 weeks.

I don't much care. I want us to take care of business, and then worry about whoever wins.

But a few thoughts:

1. Getting revenge on SF would be nice. They're a good team, but I think the Pats would execute much better the 2nd time around.

2. OTOH, I'd love to see both Harbaughs go home empty-handed again.

49ers ? because both home teams winning on championship sunday is very rare ?:(

I do not care who we face in the Superbowl, although I am sick of the Kaepernick.. sooner or later BB or other Defensive Genius will figure out how to contain him and he will then be a "developing" quarterback.

Falcons. Matt Ryan.

SF because revenge is best served in a Dome!

I want atlanta to win, just b/c worst case scenario id like for Gonzalez to get his ring, and b/c of the non-pats teams remaining id like the falcons to take it if pats dont

i dont see much diff b/w who is easier matchup, after what SF did to us in reg. season i think they would NOT want to play the Pats again, b/c we are NOT the texans, and we will come mad

This and that I also don't want any chance of having to hear about a Harbaugh v. Harbaugh Superbowl should the worst case scenario for the Pats happen.

It's gonna be tough match-ups for either AFC team against either NFC team. You got a fast QB in SF and two matchup nightmares at WR for ATL.

I guess if we win, I would prefer Atlanta because their defense isn't as great as the Niners and their running game isn't as strong.

Well, my prediction for the Sunday's games are New England over Baltimore and Atlanta over San Fransisco. So, to answer your question, I want Atlanta to win to avoid playing the better defensive team. Or, to put it a different way, Atlanta's defense is just as suspect as New England's. Besides, my feeling is the network would want the match-up that would present the highest scoring output. I think that can happen if it's New England versus Atlanta in the Super Bowl. As far as story-lines go, you still have the fact that Matt Ryan attended Boston College and Atlanta's general manager, Thomas Dimitroff, was a scout for Cleveland (while Belichick was head coach) and New England.

Speaking of scoring, did anyone else read about this?

The reality is that New England’s epic offensive season has been largely underreported this season. The Patriots scored 557 points, the third most in history, and yet the football world let out a collective yawn. Sun rises in the east and all. Ho-hum.

We know that Patriots have now scored 500 points in four different seasons – the first and only franchise to accomplish that feat.

The 2012 team is clearly off to a great start in the postseason, after scoring 41 points against the Texans last week. If they can beat the Ravens on Sunday, and average 29.0 PPG in the AFC title game and Super Bowl – nearly a touchdown below New England’s regular-season average – the 2012 Patriots would have scored 656 points or more and become the highest-scoring team in the history of football if we look at the entire season from start to finish.

Scoring points is nice, of course. But as the 2007 Patriots proved, it feels kind of empty without a championship at the end of the road.

There is a long, long history in the NFL of great offenses falling short in the end.

The 600 Club: Patriots Primed to Join Short List of 600-Point Offenses

Falcons. Better match up for the Pats.

Wouldn't mind 49ers win though.

I think Pats roll either one.

Falcons. Look at that SOS, they haven't really beaten anyone except SF apparently. SF is way more balanced too. Hope ATL rides that huge homefield to the Super Bowl, hope we join em, hope we win out.

Julio/White is a tough tough matchup for us but I like how we matchup against their D. ATL pls

Falcons...... No Pass Rush and I think we'd make the game a snoozer against them.

Don't get me wrong, I think we'd beat the 9ers too, but I just think Atlanta is a worse team. Of course, watching this game, the niners defense looks really suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes