PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Artrell Hawkins..the real deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SoonerPatriot said:
Uhhhh...let's not get carried away here. Those guys are playing pretty well, but adding some DBs has got to be a priority in the offseason either through the draft or in free-agency.

Ditto. draft DB's please.

Don't forget there's also Ray Ventrone on the PS, who, to quote Tom Curran, "hits like a mulekick." :)

ctpatsfan77 said:
Don't forget there's also Ray Ventrone on the PS, who, to quote Tom Curran, "hits like a mulekick." :)

Ventrone impressed me alot during the preseason. I'd like to see him get into the mix next year, too!

SoonerPatriot said:
Uhhhh...let's not get carried away here. Those guys are playing pretty well, but adding some DBs has got to be a priority in the offseason either through the draft or in free-agency.

yeah, they all seem to be decent players.
BB hasn't really revealed how he wants this team built.
he's spent a 3rd, a 4th, and a 7th on DBs in the draft over the past 3 years. lou saban gave BB a UFA who appears to be a 5-year starter. he's let ty, tebucky, and lawyer go in the past 3.
does he really want to go no-name back there?

On OL, he's spent a 1st and a 3rd. i can't remember any other draft picks over the last 3 years. they "found" Stephen Neal, one of those outcomes that speaks to the scouting peoples' dedication.
Light Gorin, Mruczkowski, Hochstein, and Ashworth are all Big 10 -Big 12 guys. Hochstein is the only draftee, the rest found their way to patriots as UFAs.
so ya got Mankins and 5 mutts. they're OUR mutts, but they're mutts.
is this how BB wants to build these units? i dunno. maybe it just looks like it.

I think Hawkins is the real deal. bb requires his corners to be able to hit, and hopefully his safeties to cover.

Stone was benched because he missed coverage assignments. I don't expect to see him back next year.

MY 2006

CORNERS
open,Samuel,Hobbs,Gay,open,open

SAFETIES
Wilson,Hawkins,Sanders,open

We have several players coming back from IR who could fill the four open spots. And I too would like to see Law added.

ilduce06410 said:
yeah, they all seem to be decent players.
BB hasn't really revealed how he wants this team built.
he's spent a 3rd, a 4th, and a 7th on DBs in the draft over the past 3 years. lou saban gave BB a UFA who appears to be a 5-year starter. he's let ty, tebucky, and lawyer go in the past 3.
does he really want to go no-name back there?

On OL, he's spent a 1st and a 3rd. i can't remember any other draft picks over the last 3 years. they "found" Stephen Neal, one of those outcomes that speaks to the scouting peoples' dedication.
Light Gorin, Mruczkowski, Hochstein, and Ashworth are all Big 10 -Big 12 guys. Hochstein is the only draftee, the rest found their way to patriots as UFAs.
so ya got Mankins and 5 mutts. they're OUR mutts, but they're mutts.
is this how BB wants to build these units? i dunno. maybe it just looks like it.

...just as long as you said Hochstein was the Bucs draft pick, not ours. I think from round 5 or 6.

a) Notice how Hank Poteat was synonymous with hopelessness last year, but his name no longer draws so many laughs? There is value in spending a year or two in our defensive system.

b) Don't forget Duane Starks. (sp?)

c) Don't forget to list two Scotts in the list above. I saw only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back