PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Artificial crowd noise at Indy? (MERGED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More Polian shenanigans -- artificial crowd noise?

Hopefully Florio hounds on this like he did Mr. Vick. No pun intended.

And pats1, I appreciate you posting the vidoe and audio, but I would be careful. The league doesn't mess around with that recording of games stuff.

I just listened to the posted Colts FieldPass... its tougher to hear since the play-by-play guy was talking at the time, but its there too.

please post a link so we can all hear this.

i don't have a subscription.

Please God be true.

Can't really hear anything from WBCN either.

HOWEVER, Gil and Gino both commented RIGHT before the play about how "They were going to go deaf...that's why we have earphones..." -- the play before, Gil described it as "a madhouse."

Link to come.

Hopefully Florio hounds on this like he did Mr. Vick. No pun intended.

And pats1, I appreciate you posting the vidoe and audio, but I would be careful. The league doesn't mess around with that recording of games stuff.

Yeah, since there's already the NFL.com highlight that has it, I took down the Photobucket one.

But Florio posts short audio clips of Dan Dierdorf or Bryant Gumble "burping" and that has got him, well, an ad deal with the NFL.

please post a link so we can all hear this.

i don't have a subscription.

I posted that before.

It just has to be a CBS problem. Someone at the game would have said something by now.

I don't understand how just one mic would freak out like that, if it was CBS I would think the whole audio feed would start skipping...

It just has to be a CBS problem.

Very likely, of course. But the idea of the Colts manufacturing homefield advantage is so very, very amusing, who can resist?

That sounds like feedback.

The question is, is the feedback coming from CBS, or is it feedback coming over the PA system.

I don't understand how just one mic would freak out like that, if it was CBS I would think the whole audio feed would start skipping...

Microphones don't skip. Either it receives sound or doesn't.

so both NFL field pass links don't have the skipping or weird noises?

I thought someone said the colts version has it?

Haha now florio has his teeth in it and is going to mention it in the sporting news ten pack. I seriously doubt anything comes of this in terms of the league taking action but it's a good laugh either way. Maybe they can try put some speakers out in the parking lot in January since they won't be able to get them into Gillette.

What's funny is that if it was a CBS problem, then when they cut it off you would either not hear any background noise or it would be back to normal....but instead once the skipping stops the crowd noise is the same, just much softer

Mabye for the playoff game we can get the guys from Sunday River to come down with their snow machines and make Gillette a blizzard!

This one from PFT is pretty clear

http://www.profootballtalk.com/Moss_Catch_Audio.mp3

Say goodbye to your first round draft pick Indianapolis!

Kindof unfair that we spend our money in free agency on high caliber players and Polian spends his money buying refs and investing in a Milli Vanilli sound system

Guess we really have to question ALL the Colts wins now - especially last year's AFC Championship game and therefore, the Colts Super Bowl trophy.

What comes around goes around Colts fans!

Last edited:

I listened to the one up on PFT (http://www.profootballtalk.com/Moss_Catch_Audio.mp3) and Nance is clear, then you start hearing the crowd noise "freeze" and then drop and then you can clearly hear the PA announcer and a much, much softer crowd din.

I say: "Busted!"

so both NFL field pass links don't have the skipping or weird noises?

I thought someone said the colts version has it?

I think you can hear it on the Colts feed at 0:25 and 0:20 in the Pats version (posted here), but its much less obvious because the play-by-play guys on the radio are talking more (since they have to describe the play) and talk over it.

Posted on another site and got this response

To understand the false ness of this topic, you must understand how they generate fake noise

Teams just put a mic somewhere in the stadium, and then hook it up to the speakers, it cant really skip, since skipping comes from a CD.

True? False?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes