PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Artificial crowd noise at Indy? (MERGED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: More Polian shenanigans -- artificial crowd noise?

For some reason my DVR cut off halfway through the game, so I can't listen to it again. But the first time around, it definitely sounded suspect. There's no mistaken it was an artificial noise, whether it was on CBS end or artificial crowd noise, I don't know.

the stuttering crowd noise was during the Moss catch JUST before the brakket INT.

Pats are now the best team in the NaPolian Football League. Can't sneeze near a wide receiver? Just sign Moss, Stallworth, and Welker. Good work, front office. :rocker:

The NFL should fine the Colts a 1st round pick for cheating.

the stuttering crowd noise was during the Moss catch JUST before the brakket INT.

I heard it to at that exact moment.

I also noticed the only thing stuttering was the crowd noise.

Everything else was normal.

Someone needs to YouTube it!

I wonder how long the Colts have been doing this crap!

This is the audio from the Brackett INT:

http://rapidshare.com/files/67506145/Brackett_INT_Audio.mp3.html

Can anyone tell me where it is? Perhaps just before he catches it? That sounds more like a fan yelling closing to the microphone.

That's actually not the spot I was thinking of. I can't remember when it happened, I'll try and see how much my DVR did get before I cut off.

But what I do hear when I listen to that mp3 is two layers of crowd noise, one definitely sounds canned. Let me preface this with that I edit video (and therefore audio) for a living, and part of that means the laborious task of cutting roomtone, which is exactly what it it sounds like - creating a dull, ambient buzz to give the audio consistency. And if you listen closely to that mp3 you played, I'm pretty sure you can hear a repetitive consistent crowd noise underneath the real crowd noise and Simms talking.

The "skipping noise" (again, I can't catch it in the clip you played, I heard it elsewhere) sounded like "roomtone" gone bad, as in, canned noise playback malfunctioning.

Is pumping crowd noise illegal? I guess I don't see why it wouldn't be. I think it's lame, but I wouldn't call it cheating. I would like to see the Colts get called out for it since everyone assumes Saint Dungy would be against gaining an advantage in such a way.

This is the audio from the Brackett INT:

http://rapidshare.com/files/67506145/Brackett_INT_Audio.mp3.html

Can anyone tell me where it is? Perhaps just before he catches it? That sounds more like a fan yelling closing to the microphone.

It wasn't that Play. It was on the Moss catch a play or two earlier. The crowd is really loud, then as soo as Moss catches is, the sound like stutters over and over again. But the announcers are not studdering at all.

Then all of a sudden the sound goes away and the crowd noise is all of a sudden half what it was.

The NFL should fine the Colts a 1st round pick for cheating.

That would be hilarious. But don't count on it. The NFL does not want the PR of it's two best teams being docked draft picks (and lets face it, Indy is still far and away #1B, today was close enough to not really know for sure who is the best yet).

Hopefully this can be the media leeches' witch hunt for the next two weeks. They need something to talk about with the Patriots having next weekend off.

It wasn't that Play. It was on the Moss catch a play or two earlier. The crowd is really loud, then as soo as Moss catches is, the sound like stutters over and over again. But the announcers are not studdering at all.

Then all of a sudden the sound goes away and the crowd noise is all of a sudden half what it was.

OK, I'll take a look at it.

:rofl:

I just listened to it.

Fell off my chair laughing.

I'll get the audio up in a second. It can best be compared to the sound of a truck idling or the sound when your computer audio skips before you get a blue screen.

Sound starts in the begining of the 4th quarter at (time) 14:58 ending at (time) 14:53 if anyone has it DVR'ed. Sounds pretty f'ed up. The Colts have to get busted for this one.

:rofl:

I just listened to it.

Fell off my chair laughing.

I'll get the audio up in a second. It can best be compared to the sound of a truck idling or the sound when your computer audio skips before you get a blue screen.

Good looking out on the link.

There's no doubt, that's canned audio noise skipping. The proof is in the fact that when somebody finally cut it off, the real crowd noise was next to silent underneath it.

Again, I don't know if CBS pumps these things in (hey, they pump in bird noises into golf tournaments), or if its Indy, but that really sound like that noise is an ambient crowd noise track loop gone wrong.

Sound starts in the begining of the 4th quarter at (time) 14:58 ending at (time) 14:53 if anyone has it DVR'ed. Sounds pretty f'ed up. The Colts have to get busted for this one.

Someone needs to get it up on Youtube so we can start the grassroots campaign.

Dear Mr. Easterbrook,
How do you feel about the colts illegally pumping in crowd noise?

Sincerely,
Fans of the only undefeated NFL team.

This clearly taints the game. How far back does this go? Were they doing this last year during their superbowl run? Will their single superbowl be tainted? I think the Colts* and Duncheaty need to come forward and tell us the truth, goodell needs to get to the bottom of this before this taints the entire game of football.

where can we start a petition for our money back?

Re: More Polian shenanigans -- artificial crowd noise? [Update: Audio proof provided!

Good sleuthing. This is hilarious (and simultaneously sad... hopefully Napolian spends too much time picking up a rubber band in front of an oncoming turnip truck).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing