PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article telling Chargers and Giants not to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of an entertaining article, and I would have to believe that most of America would love to see this happen.

http://www.dailynews.com/ci_7992816?source=rss

I have to be honest. I still dont get it. Pats Chargers is a great storyline. In the beginning of the year the Chargers were the preseason favorites to win the Superbowl. got off to a bad start and since have become the 2nd best team in football. Suddenly they were lucky to beat the colts. the same team they beat when they were undefeated in 2005. The same team that they beat this year and intercepting the great peyton manning 6 times. How could this god awful team that people were picking to win the superbowl in the beginning of the season be in the AFC Championship Game?

Pats Chargers have bad blood. Chargers have big name players on their team. Household names, love them or hate them. Merrimen, Phillips, Rivers, and LT. They have a ton of probowlers. theyve had a great record the last 4 years. Instead the media is telling America this team is terrible and shouldnt be here and is ruining football.

Giants Chargers would be an interesting superbowl if they wanted it to be. and now if it is chargers packers they can pit the evil chargers vs the god like Packers, (even if the average american can name 1 guy on that team.)

And why is this guy calling LT a playoff bust? Hes had 1 bad game in 4 and was injured in another. thats hardly a bust. Oh well, the media has this wrong. Instead of all this hate going on we could be excited about a football game.

PS Dont get me wrong, I know the pats would be the bigger story and get more ratings, but come on NFL PR team, get it together.

I have to be honest. I still dont get it.

You don't get why the potential of Brady v. Favre is compelling?

It would be arguably the best super bowl quarterback matchup of all time. Definitely top 3. Actually, probably definitely top 2 behind only Staubach/Bradshaw. Maybe you could put Elway/Favre in there.

30 years from now, when the next great matchup were to occur, people would bring up Favre Brady to compare it to.

I know you love your team, and if they beat the Patriots en route to the super bowl it will be a good story. Norv vindicated. Undefeated Pats dethroned. Etc. But equal to Favre/Brady? Uhh, no. Triple no when you consider whatever maligning the Chargers have suffered, it doesn't come close to the crap Favre endured just a year ago when people said he was hurting the team and staying solely due to ego.

You don't get why the potential of Brady v. Favre is compelling?

It would be arguably the best super bowl quarterback matchup of all time. Definitely top 3. Actually, probably definitely top 2 behind only Staubach/Bradshaw. Maybe you could put Elway/Favre in there.

30 years from now, when the next great matchup were to occur, people would bring up Favre Brady to compare it to.

I know you love your team, and if they beat the Patriots en route to the super bowl it will be a good story. Norv vindicated. Undefeated Pats dethroned. Etc. But equal to Favre/Brady? Uhh, no. Triple no when you consider whatever maligning the Chargers have suffered, it doesn't come close to the crap Favre endured just a year ago when people said he was hurting the team and staying solely due to ego.

i get that pats pack is the most intriguing. i dont get why pats chargers is so god awful compared to pats colts. i dont get why people are already worrying, my god what if the chargers do win...no one will watch the superbowl. and yes, despite what the article says Eli vs Rivers is a good storyline. for some reason i think the media is already writing their stories and dont want to have to change anything.

Because no one likes the Chargers. Thats why. Your team has ruined any chance of likability or respect running thier mouths when they haven't done jack-sh!t in the league. I fully believe that a Giants/Chargers SB would not generate great ratings and many people would negate to watch for the sole fact that the Chargers are in the SB. Unless they want to see them lose. SB always gets good rating but there is no way it'd compete with a Pack/Pats Superbowl.

i get that pats pack is the most intriguing. i dont get why pats chargers is so god awful compared to pats colts. i dont get why people are already worrying, my god what if the chargers do win...no one will watch the superbowl. and yes, despite what the article says Eli vs Rivers is a good storyline. for some reason i think the media is already writing their stories and dont want to have to change anything.

It's because they are our arch-rivals, not the Chargers. We have battled it out in something like 5 out the last 7 years for the AFC title. the Chargers/Pats rivalry only started last year. but it could grow, who knows?

Because no one likes the Chargers. Thats why. Your team has ruined any chance of likability or respect running thier mouths when they haven't done jack-sh!t in the league. I fully believe that a Giants/Chargers SB would not generate great ratings and many people would negate to watch for the sole fact that the Chargers are in the SB. Unless they want to see them lose. SB always gets good rating but there is no way it'd compete with a Pack/Pats Superbowl.
sounds like you're a fan who doesn't care about a team who plays to get there, but rather a team who is just given a ticket there because they're media darlings....

i'm an old school fan, that seems kinda gay

honestly, fans worrying about ratings is the lamest thing ever

It's because they are our arch-rivals, not the Chargers. We have battled it out in something like 5 out the last 7 years for the AFC title. the Chargers/Pats rivalry only started last year. but it could grow, who knows?
Reign, i thought it started when we ended your huge home winning streak back in 05

or when we beat you guys in the afl championship 800 years ago

Because no one likes the Chargers. Thats why. Your team has ruined any chance of likability or respect running thier mouths when they haven't done jack-sh!t in the league.

Likability? Let's be realistic and objective. The Pats are the most disliked team in football. They are widely viewed across the country as cheaters and arrogant and BB is probably the most unlikable head coach in the history of the NFL. People everywhere but New England watch to root against the Pats. Any dislike people have for the Chargers pales in comparison.

Last edited:
Likability? The Pats are the most disliked team in football. They are widely viewed across the country as cheaters and arrogant and BB is probably the most unlikable head coach in the history of the NFL. People everywhere but New England watch to root against the Pats. Any dislike people have for the Chargers pales in comparison.

But the NFL doesn't care why they watch, as long as they watch. Pats, Pack would probably be the highest rated of the possible SB matchups.

Likability? Let's be realistic and objective. The Pats are the most disliked team in football. They are widely viewed across the country as cheaters and arrogant and BB is probably the most unlikable head coach in the history of the NFL. People everywhere but New England watch to root against the Pats. Any dislike people have for the Chargers pales in comparison.

you do realize new england is six states. name me six states that root for any other team. the reason the pats are disliked is because they are successful. the chargers are disliked because they are asswipes.

Last edited:
you do realize new england is six states. name me six states that root for any other team. the reason the pats are disliked is because they are successful. the chargers are disliked because they are asswipes.

Winning is a factor, because if the Pats weren't winning no one would care enough to root against them, but the combination of winning, cheating and arrogance is a potent combination that makes everyone across the country root against the Pats.

Entertaining article.
Not so far removed from the truth.
People do not want to see the BOLTZ in the Superbowl.
After all, they did so well the last time they played in the Super Bowl........

After all, they did so well the last time they played in the Super Bowl........

if i recall the pats first superbowl didnt go very smoothly either.

I still remember the ridiculous song,

"New england, the patriots and me
we'll beat the bears from the NFC
New england the patriots and me
we'll beat the bears just wait and see"

that was the answer to the superbowl shuffle.

if i recall the pats first superbowl didnt go very smoothly either.

I still remember the ridiculous song,

"New england, the patriots and me
we'll beat the bears from the NFC
New england the patriots and me
we'll beat the bears just wait and see"

that was the answer to the superbowl shuffle.

ah, 1994. those were the days, eh? so much history in that team.

Chargers won't bring much to the rating table despite the 'big names'.
I think the world sees right through LdT and his 'classy' talk.
Rivers is seen as a undeserving punk.
Merriman? C'mon, seriously.

As an NFL fan, Cromartie is the only guy on the Chargers I'd give 2 ****z about watching on tv.

As an NFL fan, Cromartie is the only guy on the Chargers I'd give 2 ****z about watching on tv.

Pretty much every single person in america who knows who "Cromartie" is will be watching the game anyway. (Or, if they don't, they weren't planning on doing so anyway.)

The question whether super bowls get high ratings depend on a category of Americans that people who post on football message boards can hardly even envision. They are similar to the category of Americans who essentially decide close elections.

sounds like you're a fan who doesn't care about a team who plays to get there, but rather a team who is just given a ticket there because they're media darlings....

i'm an old school fan, that seems kinda gay

honestly, fans worrying about ratings is the lamest thing ever

Where the hell did I say anything like that? Read it again. I think your comprehension is failing. Did you even read the post I was responding to? I'm guessing not really otherwise you would not have said such a stupid thing to me. Just becasue I mention ratings means I care about them? Why should I lie about the truth in that the NFL does care about them and they would rather have a Pack/Pats SuperBowl than any other matchup?

That tiny world you live in must be great. The Majority of football fans are hoping the Pats beat the Chargers. I frequent several football messageboards and no one like your team. Very few out side of SanDiego are rooting for the Chargers. People may hate the Pats and Belichick but at least they respect them knowing they are winners and the best. People hate the Chargers because they are a bunch of loud-mouth, whiny, arrogant asswipes who have done nothing to do all the talking they do. This team acts like it should be treated like the royalty of the league. For what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes