PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article on Javon Walker

Status
Not open for further replies.

smg93

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

In one of the threads, someone mentioned that Javon Walker would be a great addition to the Pats. Yes, he's had his problems as detailed in the article, but he still might be a good catch. What do you think? And if you want him here, what would you give up as trade value and what do you think the Packers would accept?

smg93 said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

In one of the threads, someone mentioned that Javon Walker would be a great addition to the Pats. Yes, he's had his problems as detailed in the article, but he still might be a good catch. What do you think? And if you want him here, what would you give up as trade value and what do you think the Packers would accept?

I wouldn't mind having him on the team. In a way it reminds me of Dillon before he came over here. Unhappy with the way the team is run. Taking in to condsideration that he is a FA after this year and is coming of surgury, I wouldn't give up anything higher then a 3rd. And the higher of our two. I would also see if we could talk to him before hand to see about signing him to an extension before a trade happens.

Damn, I missed this and posted one myself. I'll bump this. As I said, I doubt we'd pay the money but Walker and Branch would give Brady his first great WR corps.

yeah, I'd be interested but very wary. Blowing out an ACL is a major injury for WR because of the sharp stopping and cutting they need to able to do to be effective. A third round pick, max, sounds OK. There's no way to be certain Walker will ever be what he was, proceed with caution.

With the injury and contractual concerns any draft pick trade would have to be made with conditions attached.

Bobs My Uncle said:
With the injury and contractual concerns any draft pick trade would have to be made with conditions attached.
I assume if the Patriots were interested they'd have a new contract agreed to before the trade like with Starks. The knee we'd have to take as is based on a doctor's exam.

What did we give up for Andre Davis? Was it a third rounder also? Might not be a bad idea to pursue this. Isn't there such a thing as a conditional pick that would help mitigate any injury problems he may have in the future?

BelichickFan said:
I assume if the Patriots were interested they'd have a new contract agreed to before the trade like with Starks. The knee we'd have to take as is based on a doctor's exam.

As I said I'd not be overly anxious to write a new mega deal for Walker (nor relinquish draft picks for him) without knowing how well his knee is.

BelichickFan said:
Damn, I missed this and posted one myself. I'll bump this. As I said, I doubt we'd pay the money but Walker and Branch would give Brady his first great WR corps.

Just checked the NFLPA website. It says that Javon Walker is scheduled to make $1.15 M in 2006. I think we probably could afford that.

smg93 said:
Just checked the NFLPA website. It says that Javon Walker is scheduled to make $1.15 M in 2006. I think we probably could afford that.
Right but part of his wanting to be traded is over not getting a new contract. To be happy he'd probably want a new, long term deal.

smg93 said:

does your name indicate you are a graduate of smg?

But how much would Walker want if a new contract is settled on? The chances of bringing in a guy from another team and then paying him his dues would surely piss of other players on the team, especially Branch. Depends on the money and what kind of conditions are put on the trade. If everything was just right, I'd say hell yes. Bring 'em in. Walker is a great young talent.

patsfan55 said:
does your name indicate you are a graduate of smg?

Yup, in 1993. Did you go to BU?

well, you're a little younger than me then. :D

OT: I hope we get in to the Frozen Four this year. Seems like it's been a while. Don't you guys go on spring break this time of year? I remember that no one used to go to the HE Tournament because we were all off to wherever we decided to spend the break.

smg93 said:
well, you're a little younger than me then. :D

OT: I hope we get in to the Frozen Four this year. Seems like it's been a while. Don't you guys go on spring break this time of year? I remember that no one used to go to the HE Tournament because we were all off to wherever we decided to spend the break.

it was this past week

the team is playin extremely well right now
they actually beat up on umass tonight in the first game of the he tourney
we're def gonna be a contender this yr the way we're playin

patsfan55 said:
it was this past week

I hope you enjoyed it because after graduation, there are no more spring breaks! haha. :eat3: To a great Frozen Four Tourney for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back