PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article on Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
New England Patriots (8-5)
This season has been brutal for New England. Start with the loss of reigning MVP of the league (Tom Brady) in the opener, then add running back Laurence Maroney, safety Rodney Harrison, linebackers Adalius Thomas and Tedy Bruschi and offensive lineman Ryan O’Callaghn and you have the makings of a disaster. Somehow, the Patriots are at 8-5 and tied for first in the AFC East. Yeah, that probably ticks off plenty of fans outside of New England, but it’s further testimony to coach Bill Belichick’s ability.

That's an interesting article. It's also interesting that the two most decimated teams still have winning records. It's too bad a playoff run would be required for many to acknowledge how amazing it is we are where we are. Guess we'll have to go on one. :D

That's an interesting article. It's also interesting that the two most decimated teams still have winning records. It's too bad a playoff run would be required for many to acknowledge how amazing it is we are where we are. Guess we'll have to go on one. :D
If you'll notice, they only included possible playoff teams on their lists. The Bengals have 21+ guys IR'd this season. That does NOT include the fact that Carson has been out much of the year. So, by default, ALL the teams on their list have winning records. If not for a relatively weak schedule (Both West Divisions are cellar dwellers as far as SOS is concerned), the Pats would be in a much worse place. Regardless, nice job keeping it together in such a tough year internally.

Agreed. Another interesting aside. When the Patriots beat the Steelers so many times over the years in all these meaningful games, I never taunt my Steeler fan friends. I just don't.

So, the Steelers this year beat a Patriots team without Brady, Maroney, Harrison, Ty Warren, and about 72 other players, and I can't tell you how classless the Steeler fans have been. I know it's par for the course for them, but it's unbelievable.

LOL at the mention of O'Callaghan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back