PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Article about Tavon Wilson and his Grandmother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets just give the kid a chance. At least he seems a good kid whos battled through adversity. Maybe he turns out to be a diamond in the rough like Vollmer and to the same degree Mankins.

By the way if we get (someone touted as a 2-3rd rounder) one of Brandon Boykin, Chase Minnifield, Alfonzo Dennard, Joe Adams, Juron Criner, Chris Givens, Bobbie Massie, Jared Crick, Lamar Miller, Chris Polk, in the FIFTH round then the Tavon pick may seems less strange IMO

if we can engineer a way to get Joe Adams and or Boykin that would be just peachy.

Lets see what wilson can do. Seems a tad early pick for sure. But I hope he's successful here and it does reduce the chances of Sergio Browne seeing the field.

Enjoy these players who have no business making it as far as they have, except for a big heart, personal discipline and great grandparents..

How do you measure intangibles??? That is the variable that you cannot account for.

Gonna be rooting for this kid to make it big time...

Being a grandparent who cares for his teenage grandson, this becomes personal... go Tavon.

Mature beyond his years, team leader, tough physical player but a liability in coverage, sounds like we drafted James Sanders again.

Mature beyond his years, team leader, tough physical player but a liability in coverage, sounds like we drafted James Sanders again.

LOL, he also kind of favors BJGL to me. Time will tell, but this pick is so much like Terrence Wheatley.

Remember last season when half this board went nutso beserk as James Sanders was jettisoned?...and then all season it was "if BB had only kept Sanders!!!" every friggin' day from the same group of constant complainers...well now, here comes a kid just as versatile as Sanders was, who is BIGGER by an inch and a half...and FASTER...a 4.52 versus Sanders 4.68...a team captain and acknowledged leader...and all anybody reads today is what a bust he already is, wasted pick,too slow, too small, to "not who I wanted and I'm the winner of my geeky gaga goo goo fantasy league...which makes ME a knower of things!!!"....here's the FACTS..

you, me, and every other ding dong daddy wearing red white and blue, swilling Sam Adams and chomping on grilled sausage sandwiches at the tailgates know exactly SQUAT about the real whys and wherefores of ANY Patriot pick....who this kid is and what his future holds is an unknown...what IS known is the Pats had a NEED at safety and they made their choice based on THEIR evaluation. That is good enough for me.Sure there are hits and misses...ON EVERY TEAM!!! How this kid works out is yet to be determined...how about YOU know-it-all sofa spuds give it at LEAST a season or two before you send down your lightning bolts from Mt. Orumpus.

Gee whiz. Yesterday we were anal retentive and today we're know-it-all sofa spuds. We just can't do anything right. Sigh. You may want to dial it back or there won't be anything under the tree in December.

On the pick, I like this guy being added to the current group. He's mature, a leader on his team and from the ASU tape, looks like a guy who's experienced in a big time program against several good QBs from the Big 10 in being the defensive QB from the safety position. It's important to remember that safeties like Rodney Harrison and Lawyer Milloy really came into their own after three or four years or so as team leaders. We need to withhold judgement on this guy until 2014 or so.

Wilson joins a group with experienced safeties and will have time to grow as a player. Lawyer Milloy was a 2nd rounder as well and had a good rookie season but really blossomed in his third year. Milloy was much more highly valued but came with many of the leadership assets this guy has.

What the hell is a "sofa spud," anyway?

So smart, tough life, leader, makes it look a little better.

If BB can groom this kid into be a good, smart safety, the pick will be worth it. All the boneheaded safety plays made by Meriweather in 2010 and the stiffs in 2011 make me sick.

Super Bowl XLVI (46): Manningham Amazing Catch (HD) - YouTube

Maybe this kid could you know, reads the play faster and ends the superbowl right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey