PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arthur Blank appears to admit Falcons pumped in artificial noise

Maybe the Colts will finally admit to doing the same as well. Fat chance.

Why did Belichick pump noise into the Falcons Stadium?
Well it wasn't Bill, it was Thomas Dimitroff, who worked under Belichick as director of college scouting, and who absorbed "the culture of cheating" while in the Pats organization. I think if you dig hard enough, you can find that any NFL violation of league rules by any team can be traced to someone from that team with links to Belichick.

im sure this had about as much affect on the games as a ball a tick below 12.5 psi

Count on it. I've already read it in another team's forum.

Via Ledbetter:

“We were informed during the season that the league office is looking into crowd noise during our games,” Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts told the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Sunday. “We have cooperated fully with them, and we’re awaiting the outcome.”

Atlanta is accused of piping in the noise while the opposing team was huddling, trying to call its play. The tactics originated from the Falcons’ game operations department.

The game operations department falls under the marketing side of the building, not football operations, so don’t blame general manager Thomas Dimitroff or former coach Mike Smith for this.

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/201...e-embarrassment-for-falcons-fake-crowd-noise/

Somehow this will escape the witch hunters

Via Ledbetter:

“We were informed during the season that the league office is looking into crowd noise during our games,” Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts told the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Sunday. “We have cooperated fully with them, and we’re awaiting the outcome.”

Atlanta is accused of piping in the noise while the opposing team was huddling, trying to call its play. The tactics originated from the Falcons’ game operations department.

The game operations department falls under the marketing side of the building, not football operations, so don’t blame general manager Thomas Dimitroff or former coach Mike Smith for this.

http://jeffschultz.blog.ajc.com/201...e-embarrassment-for-falcons-fake-crowd-noise/

Somehow this will escape the witch hunters

Yep

where is all the outrage? Where are the dolts on NFLN yelling for peoples heads? Ok it's the Falcons...they suck...lets not worry about it...

Don't you guys know. Any good scandal needs a name ending in gate to be taken seriously. I'm going to try 'noisegate' and hope that it catches on.

**** the Falcons--nobody cares about them.

There have to be more than a few people in Indy who can put the finger on the POS, now hall-of-famer Bill Polian, who sanctioned piped-in crowd noise in there for years. Their 2006 season SB victory needs to have an asterick next to it, both for that, as well as for getting to play Rex Grossman in the SB.

Well, sounds to me, especially since he is clearly admitting guilt, this warrants a $500K fine to the organization, and loss of a first round draft pick. Wouldn't you say?

The Denver Broncos admitted to taping the 49ers walk through in 2010, but since the Broncos were a bad team they were fined only $100,000. I remember reading the Broncos message board as the investigation was going on and they were scared they would get a more severe punishment than the Pats due to how Goodell handled the Spygate scandal. When the minimal punishment came down, Broncos fans climbed back on their high horse and continued pointing judgmental fingers at the Pats.

Turns out Goodell doesn't hammer bad teams, like the 4-12 Broncos were, he only punishes powerful ones like the Pats.

The 6-10 Atlanta Falcons probably don't have much to worry about.

I felt pretty certain the Seahawks were feeding the crowd back through the PA when I went to see the Pats play there in 2012. The week before I had been at the Clink for the Timbers/Sounders match and the "amazing" Seattle Sounders crowd was barely audible. I was taking my son to his first NFL game and foolishly decided not to bring his ear protection with us because I was so unimpressed by that crowd only to have it be magnitudes louder the following weekend.

But I guess it is possible that random crowd cheers are 10x louder in spurts than people singing songs for 90 minutes straight.

Holy Cow!!!!

This is as bad as the Black Sox Scandal!!!!!!!

Say it ain't so, Arthur!!!!

:rolleyes:

That's it! I want their Super Bowl title taken away! Oh wait, this is Atlanta we're talking about. Um, I want their 1998 NFC Championship taken away. Except it's their only one. Aw who cares, being one of the most pathetic teams in the league is punishment enough. :p

If the media actually picks up on this they'll commend Blank for admitting guilt and accepting whatever penalties are coming the Falcons way. :rolleyes:

where is all the outrage? Where are the dolts on NFLN yelling for peoples heads? Ok it's the Falcons...they suck...lets not worry about it...
Indy won't say anything because they've done it before and probably still do it.

The Falcons are becoming quickly a joke of a franchise. The way they lost to Detroit a few months ago was just pathetic, below Jets league.

This is the classic do the crime, get caught, admit it ask for forgiveness and everyone forgets about it.

Did anyone call Blank a cheater? Pumping artificial noise is more of a competitive advantage than a ball being deflated.

Complete ******** and witchhunt. Its clear to me that most people did not want the Patriots to WIN the superbowl.

A 17-minute gap of silence might have helped in this case.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back