PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Art Shell and Tom Walsh on Randy Moss...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Randy Moss taking the last 2 years off was the best thing for his career. He didn't have to take punishment with those bunch of losers.

Now this is great spin. I can't believe the rest of the rest of the Raiduhs didn't see this career saving move -:)

Now we know why Tom Walsh is sitting on his ranch in Idaho and not working in football.

Managing people is a huge part of being a coordinator/coach. Some guys get that, some don't.

I dispute that Moss was bad for TWO years in Oakland though. I read an interview with Norv Turner who coached the Raiders in 2005 and he said that he felt Moss played pretty well for him but got hurt midway through the season.

In fact here are Moss' stats thru game 4 in 2005:

19 receptions 466 yards 2 TDs

Not his 2007 stats to be be sure, but pretty respectable. Keep in mind his QB was Kerry Collins. Moss took a big hit in Game 4 and missed Game 5. The rest of the season, he wasn't that good but he did come back in Game 16 and had 7 catches for 116 yards and 2 TDs. He finished the year with 60 receptions, 1005 yards, 8 TDs.

No Moss was only bad in 2006 when the entire Raiders team was bad and I don't think he should shoulder the blame for an incredibly bad team.

That's what Moss was like in Oakland. They went by what they saw. That Moss turned that around didn't really make it wrong when they said it. They just went by what Moss did for the Raiduh's which wasn't much of anything.

Probably true. However, sometimes it is better just to shut up and not say anything because you come across a bitter and you end up being very wrong.

+

Moss and the Pats are till in the honeymoon phase of their relationship. The real test will come when there is some adversity and we will see how Moss responds.

I don't think there is a honeymoon phase. There wasn't one in Oakland, that's for sure. He came into a bad situation lacking leadership and he immediately shut it down. Here there is leadership and structure so he's fine. As long as that leadership is there and the weight of the team's troubles isn't on his shoulders he'll be fine.

Who really cares what Shell and Walsh said. If I remember right it was Borges who went and got these quotes. Enough said! By the way where is the rat Borges anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back