PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arroyo set to sign new deal!

mtbykr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=122008

Arroyo taking a "home team discount" becuase he wants to stay with the sox. Let's hope lucky doesn't use this as an opportunity to trade him because of the lower contract he took to stay with the sox.-- That would look terrible to future free agents. Nice to have someone want to stay here in Boston, thanks Bronson!

i just saw a blip on the Dirt Dogs that Arroyo's name is being mentioned in a possible trade for Ken Griffey Jr.

I hope we are not going to get into the old practice of signing over the hill players. Arroyo is great younger talent that we need to keep and continue to develop. Griffey was a great playerbut he has averaged 89 games a season over the last 5 years, playing over 100 twice. I'm sure he would make a great DH and spot outfielder for someone, but please not us.
If we can get Jeremy Reed and platoon him with a re-signed Gabe Kapler we would be solid IMHO.
Let us not forget Jose Canseco, Kevin Mitchell et al that we signed for big dollars when they where over the hill.

what

Boston Boxer said:
i just saw a blip on the Dirt Dogs that Arroyo's name is being mentioned in a possible trade for Ken Griffey Jr.

When did duquette come back to run the sox???? :confused: If this is true it is terrible, the sox would be about 10 years too late. Griffy was great, but he is old and injured all the time. Get reed (arguably the best defensive center in the game) and go form there---please theo call henry and beg him not to sign off on this!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back