PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arrington to Jacksonville

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotsrule

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Three years, $11 million according to The NFL Network.

NOW I'm P.O.'d.

Last edited:
We should draft a 1st round LB. Cheaper and younger. Carpenter, Greenway, Manny Lawson.

that is pretty cheap for arrington

we couldnt three years/ 11 million? are you serious? we have more then 20 million in cap room, and we cant sign a linebacker who has the potential to be the best in the league?
:rolleyes:

hes got an attitude problem anyways..1 reason we didnt even meet him

While I would have enjoyed such a marquee signing, I gotta believe the brass didn't see him fitting in our scheme, for whatever reason.

PATRIOTS-80 said:
We should draft a 1st round LB. Cheaper and younger. Carpenter, Greenway, Manny Lawson.

We will. That's why BB/SP let Willie walk...

Thank god. We didn't need this head case. I'm glad this one's over.

Remix 6 said:
hes got an attitude problem anyways..1 reason we didnt even meet him

AND ... he's got the Postons.

You all do realize that there is no way Arrington signed a 3-yr, 11mil deal, right? He would have been signed Day 1 of FA if he was willing to accept anywhere near that. I'll believe this when I see it.

He has been reported to be looking for excess of 6mil/yr. Vinatieri got a 11mil in the first three years ferchissakes!

What is the fuss about Arrington....The guy didn't even start for the Skins last year. My brother is a huge Skin's fan and has stated numerous times that arrington is Dumb...It's not that he doesn't like to play with in a scheme, it's that he can't he is to stupid. And some people here want him to play in our complex defensive schemes. Oh Boy.

*dances around for joy* I am so happy that the Pats didn't sign Arrington. One of the most over-rated players in the league next to Michael Vick.

DaBruinz said:
*dances around for joy* I am so happy that the Pats didn't sign Arrington. One of the most over-rated players in the league next to Michael Vick.

You certainly pointed out two BIG OVERATED LOSERS...

This is a little fishy. I saw the signing scroll by on the NFL Network while I was watching that stiff Drew Henson play but when someone posted that there was no way Arrington would sign for that little, I thought maybe I got the numbers wrong. When I went back to check, the scroll on the NFL Network was gone and it hasn't been back on in over an hour. I wonder if this is another example of someone (Adam Schefter) getting over eager to report something just to scoop ESPN and then find out it wasn't true. I can't find news of the signing anywhere else so it could be garbage. If it is, sorry to post unofficial news. Usually when the NFL Network puts something up, it's pretty solid.

patriotsrule said:
This is a little fishy. I saw the signing scroll by on the NFL Network while I was watching that stiff Drew Henson play but when someone posted that there was no way Arrington would sign for that little, I thought maybe I got the numbers wrong. When I went back to check, the scroll on the NFL Network was gone and it hasn't been back on in over an hour. I wonder if this is another example of someone (Adam Schefter) getting over eager to report something just to scoop ESPN and then find out it wasn't true. I can't find news of the signing anywhere else so it could be garbage. If it is, sorry to post unofficial news. Usually when the NFL Network puts something up, it's pretty solid.

The numbers are fishy. If true at all it may turn out that he signed for 3 years and $11 million portion of his contract was was a guaranteed Signing Bonus...

Last edited:
I don't believe it yet. No way he signs for THAT cheap, no way. It has not been confirmed anywhere. Hold up folks.

He was projected to rake in $5M+ per year, with the Dolphins on the inside rail to land Arrington. The reported yearly salary sounds low, and must be due to a signing bonus not having been averaged into the equation.

well

I don't mind not signing him---it does sound weird though as he was said to command around $6mil per season!

i dont think this is true. i havent seen this anywhere else. nothing even shows when i did a google news search. nothing on kffl, i think this is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back