PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aroldis Chapman to the Reds

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Signs with the Reds for $30 million ... term is maybe 5 years.

Would have liked to see him get the benefit of our system but man that's a lot of $$$ for a kid.

I picked the Havana Times for the link ... seemed fitting.

Cuba’s Chapman a Reds Multi-Millionaire? - Havana Times.org
HAVANA TIMES, Jan. 10 — Cuban pitcher Aroldis Chapman is reportedly hours away from signing a $30 million dollar contract with the Cincinnati Reds in the US Major Leagues. In a report just published by Sports Illustrated online the lefthander is set to pen a five-year deal.

The Los Angeles Angels as well as the Toronto Blue Jays had been pegged as the leading contenders to obtain the 22-year-old free agent who abandoned team Cuba in Holland six months ago to seek the big bucks in the USA

Last edited:
I would have really liked to see us sign him, but that is way to much money for us to be spending

I would have really liked to see us sign him, but that is way to much money for us to be spending
Does he have ties to the Reds or is he simply taking the biggest offer on the table?

Does he have ties to the Reds or is he simply taking the biggest offer on the table?

I don't think he has any direct ties to the Reds. I think he was just taking the best offer

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back