Welcome to PatsFans.com

Army Recruiters Caught on Tape Threatening High School Students

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Aug 5, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Army Recruiters Caught on Tape Threatening HS Students..."As soon as you get pulled over for a speeding ticket, they’re gonna see you’re a deserter, they’re going to apprehend you, take you to jail.”

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=144523

Disgrace to the uniform ....

Last edited: Aug 5, 2008
  2. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

What bothers me most is the thought of how many kids are over in Iraq because they were threatened into going. Absolutely disgraceful.

3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,016 / 42 / -31

#24 Jersey

I'm on record here of being a big military supporter ... instead of the recruiters ... they are worse than used car sales people.

4. STFarmy

STFarmy In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

I will stick up for the military all the time - but yeah, these guys are sick. I know from experience.

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I smell a draft......

6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +573 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I think the days of drafting are over. If I had children, I'd tell them they had a choice to serve...draft or no draft. If a legitimate war starts where American freedom is threatened as in WWI & WWII, that's another story.

7. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

A draft ain't happening. Never was, never will. As for the recruiters in question, they should be removed from the job. I watched an HBO documentary the other night about a recruiter, and he was nothing like the arsewipe in this video. So while there are obviously some losers in the position of recruiter, like this guy, it's not all of them. Guys like him should be reprimanded and removed ASAP. Anyone he recruited into that program should be interviewed to see if they were pressured to not pull out. If they were, they should be given the option to leave. Crap like that can't be tolerated. These are young kids they're screwing with.

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

maybe he'll attempt to sue, like the two frauds in Fahrenheit tried to do after they were "exploited" and "taken out of context" for recruiting urban youth at the mall with less than honest tactics.

9. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

I don't watch the video, but the statement is absolutely TRUE!

If you desert the military, you go into NCIC, and yes, as soon as you are pulled over for speeding, you will be arrested.

Desertion is a crime! The local PD will hold the guy for the MPs. SO I don't see how this is a threat?

10. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

You need to watch the video. These two kids were in a a specific program where they could terminate their commitment by a specific date.

11. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

And they talk about other cases where they threatened jail time just because they had agreed to meet with a recruiter at the mall.

12. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Sir , you missed the point.
    Gonzales signed up – but only to “pre-enlist” in the Delayed Entry Program. DEP allows kids to try out the military without a binding commitment.

/You always miss the point. :D

13. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

That was from 2005, at that same office. Clearly there is a problem at that specific office, and maybe everywhere. The key thing here is to understand that the actions of that individual(s) aren't indicitive of all recruiters as a whole. The Sgt in that story needs to be reprimanded and removed asap. Joining the military, especially at a time of war, is something that has to be recruited honestly. Anything less is unacceptable.

14. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

Right, but Id say it's probably a natural byproduct of system that rewards/punishes recruiters based on quotas. If you start putting people's jobs on the line based on the number of recruits they sign up, in a time of war, you're going to see them resort to these tactics more and more widely.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

So then any system that rewards, or punishes, based on quotas that puts people's jobs on the line, are at fault when the employee acts unethically, and against the rules. It's the system, and not the individuals who don't abide by the rules.

16. Wildo7

Ratings:
    +49 / 16 / -3

No it's both, I think the slimeball in the video should be in jail. But as the clip also shows, the Army has been less than forthcoming about properly punishing those involved and making sure that it doesn't happen again. I'm fairly sure they turn a blind eye towards stuff like this unless the media exposes it.

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +913 / 7 / -3

They froze ops in 2005 and retrained all their recruiters according to that story that's linked, the last time there was an issue like this. I'd like to think that such an action is anything but turning a blind eye. The man in question has been removed from recruiting also. The story doesn't discuss, nor provide any information about the Army turning a blind eye to this. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but saying you're "fairly sure" they do is a serious assumption.

18. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +154 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I wish, it would weed out a lot of the shit.

19. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,004 / 28 / -22

#75 Jersey

You should have stopped right there before you embarrassed yourself by making comments on something which you decided not to inform yourself about, even though it was right there in front of you.

That right there is a great illustration of you opening your mouth before engaging your brain - - and it puts many of your other pronouncements in the proper context.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2008
  20. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +582 / 50 / -8

#75 Jersey

Not everyone here, can watch videos, it is well known to all. Not all of us, can spend their days cruising You Tube.

My comments were absolutely true. If you desert, you will get arrested. What should shock you, is how the left attacks OUR military every chance they get.