Welcome to PatsFans.com

Armitage admits he was "foolish" on outing Plame

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Nov 12, 2007.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

More dribble on this famous situation, that will never get behind us, Armitage admits he should not have done what he did..

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-w...sks-richard-armitage-about-valerie-plame-leak

VALERIE PLAME, from "The Situation Room": Mr. Armitage did a very foolish thing. He's been around Washington for decades. He should know better. He's a senior government official. Whether he knew where exactly I worked in the CIA, he had no rights to go talking to a reporter about where I worked. That was strictly off limits.

BLITZER: Now, those are strong words from Valerie Plame Wilson.

RICHARD ARMITAGE: They're not words on which I disagree. I think it was extraordinarily foolish of me. There was no ill intent on my part, and never seen, ever, in 43 years of having a security clearance, a covert operative's name in a memo. The only reason I knew a Mrs. Wilson, not Mrs. Plame, worked at the agency was because I saw it in a memo. But I don't disagree with her words, to a large measure.

2. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, at least one of them was an honest man about it... can't say the same for the other 4 ... especially the chubby pale one...

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  3. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 2 / -9

My Name is Bond, James Bond, my wife is an undercover Spy for the CIA, don't tell anybody I told you this, "we hate bush".

4. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Harry, put aside your man-love for Bush for one minute. A CIA agent that was working on terrorist involvement with nuclear weapons was outed (whether her name/cover was known by people or not). Then, the President's right hand person, calls her "fair game". Now, tell me why this is right, ethical, just, and not counter productive to Bush's goal in invading Iraq.

5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

She sent her husband to serve a partisan agenda and smear administration policy. Her husband lied about who requested he go to Niger and then wrote a NYT op ed piece about his supposed covert mission.

Fair game indeed.

BTW Armitage is/was an opponent of administration policy in Iraq.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2007
  6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +820 / 2 / -9

Two phony a$s holes, I hope there isn't any more like them in the CIA.

7. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0

8. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

you're just blatantly lying, and i suppose we can do this all over again... very well....

show us anywhere in the corporate mainstram media where it indicates Joe Wilson lied about who requested he go.... every record indicates Plame's superiors recommended to her she ask him if he'd go.... she didn't even have clearnace to authorize such a trip, so, as usual, you're just making up stuff from ConservativeNow.org, or some such fantasy blogspot...

9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +108 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Not about these 2 again?:bricks:

Modern day Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +523 / 14 / -28

Over and over again the same slurs are repeated against Wilson/Plame, however when asked to back it up they come back with some right wing blog or Newsmax.. instead they name call rather than bring up the actual facts.

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Actually I have on numerous occassions referenced court documents from the Libby case that show that plame recopmmended Wilson for the Niger gig on Feb 12 2 days before Cheney was briefed on the Niger allegations (Feb 14th) apparently court documents aren't convincing to some. Nothing I can do about that.

That Wilson wrote the NYT op ed about his supposed covert mission is also a matter of public record.

12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and yet you're not willing to link them again for some reason... regardless, just because something is suggested in a court document, doesn't support your case overall... as a lawyer, i can utter any nonsense in a pre-trial hearing... what you referenced wasn't a conclusion of fact, but rather a claim by the Libby defense team subsequently entered into the public record... wow... so?

again, the fact is, she didn't have the authority to orchestrate such a trip... further, it's already been proven she was covert, by her handlers, the prosecutor, the court, the author who broke the story that a crime had been committed, and Valerie herself ... and yet you're still sitting here holding on against hope, pretending an alternate explanation is fact based on something you read that makes you happy -- while ignoring the mountain of evidence that PROVES otherwise..... too funny...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

The links were posted to the National Review columns covering the Libby case. The memo written by Plame (with the date) requesting hubby going to Niger is quite explicit. The issue of whether she had the authority to send him is irrelevant, the issue was WHO RECOMMENDED Joe for the gig, it was his darling wife.

Joe of course lied when he stated that Cheney requested he be sent, he was selected before Cheney was briefed on the issue.

The date of Cheney's briefing on the Niger allegation is documented in a CIA memo introduced into evidence in the LIbby trial.

You may choose to ignore the documents provided by the CIA documenting the timeline, but it is what it is.

I would also note that "secret agent" Val 007 Plame was confirmed as a CIA employee by the CIA when Novak called to the PR guy at CIA, if she were covert he doesn't confirm he identity for a reporter, another fact brought into evidence during Novak's Grand Jury testimony, and unchallenged by Fitz.

In point of fact Fitz never indicted anyone for outing her, because no crime was committed in that regard, despite your fervent hopes.

14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

oh? forgive me for not ever reading the pap that's written in Con man National Review, especially its "columns"... regardless, why are you still unable to provide a link for the sake of your flailing argument? surely this information was printed in more than just that rag, no?

well, at least you're no longer arguing her covert status... i suppose that's progress... but here you are ducking for cover, and changing the crux of your argument that you've been parroting for several months... now, suddenly, you're backtracking by suggesting she merely RECOMMENDED her husband take the trip, and apparently it's no longer about her "authority"... i suppose what's "irrelevant" at this point is your ever-changing stance in the face of being proven wrong at every turn... regardless, WHO CARES if she "recommended" Joe for the gig? she was asked by her superiors, and she suggested the most qualified man on the planet for Niger-Iraq... NO one had that kind of experience in those two countries... the ISSUE you and your ilk were always trying to pin was that she, in fact, signed off on it... so please don't embarrass youself further by changing your story now... i mean, you were already caught lying when you suggested Wilson was a Clinton appointee... oops, nope... that was Bush 41, whom Wilson supported fully...

The Republicans insist on the lie that Val got her husband the job. She did not. She was not a division director, instead she was the equivalent of an Army major. Yes it is true she recommended her husband to do the job that needed to be done but the decision to send Joe Wilson on this mission was made by her bosses.

factcheck.org has it differently...

February 12, 2002 – The Defense Intelligence Agency writes a report concluding “Iraq is probably searching abroad for natural uranium to assist in its nuclear weapons program.” Vice President Cheney reads this report and asks for the CIA’s analysis. (Senate Intelligence Cmte., Iraq 38-39, July 2004).

Responding to inquiries from Cheney’s office, the State Department, and the Defense Department, the CIA’s Directorate of Operations’ Counterproliferation Division (CPD) look for more information. They consider having Wilson return to Niger to investigate. ​

Regardless... Your portrayal of Wilson as a liar in disingenuous, as usual... The whole damn thing was looked into at the behest of your hero, Tricky Dick... While he didn't say "send Joe Wilson," he damn sure initiated a closer look into Iraq-yellow cake-Niger claims... and the CIA obliged.... so blow it out your...

oops... so much for you backing down on denying her covert status... you're still desperately clinging to it...

link... or you're lying again...

actually, Scooty obstructed the investigation.... and sealed vs. sealed remains just that... Case No. 06 cr 128... Gonzalez, via McNulty, killed any Rove indictment just in time, after his 5th visit to the grand jury... Despite your fervent hopes that no crime was committed, that is one thing that is deniable only by the most pathetic of Bush worshippers...

lastly, please explain why the CIA went to Justice asking for an investigation in the first place? or did Valerie authorize that whole thing as well?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007
  15. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

...In a heartbeat![​IMG]

16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Hey PC, Fitzy knew who told Novak about Plame before Libby ever went before the Grand Jury, Armitage went into the Grand Jury and told Fitz that HE was Novak's source. There was no investigation to impede. Libby was busted for contradictions in his Grand jury Appearances (note the prural). His version differed from Russert's the jury believed Russert. The Libby prosecution had nothing to do with Plame and her status.

If you would like to cite the indictment to prove me wrong feel free. The FACT is no one was indicted for outing Plame because no crime was committed.
    BTW I only cite NR because the printed copies of memes brought into evidence (and not disputed) that documented the timeline of Cheney's briefing and when Plame recomended Jow Wilson for the Niger gig.

BTW IF Plame were covert Why would Joe WIlson write an Oped In the NYT's about a supposed covert assignment which would bring scrutiny on his alleged covert wife?

All BS

17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

and the very same day Armitage told Woodward, Libby was running his mouth to Judith Miller and Matt Cooper... that very day, and at the behest of Cheney.... nice try, however...

gosh, there wasn't? that's news to everyone in the world except you, i guess... could you link us to that one?

i believe a count against him was "obstruction of justice"... GUILTY...

you're hysterical in your pathetic, repetitive attempts to offer what you hope was true... how was it "fact" that no crime was committed? link please...

newsflash once again: no one was indicted because it couldn't be proven they knew ahead of time the woman was covert... here's fitzgerald:

In an investigation concerning the compromise of a CIA officer's identity, it is especially important that grand jurors learn what really happened. The indictment returned today alleges that the efforts of the grand jury to investigate such a leak were obstructed when Mr. Libby lied about how and when he learned and subsequently disclosed classified information about Valerie Wilson [Plame]. ​

ummm, because our leaders were breaching matters of national security, and lying its citizens into a war for ficticious reasons that will end up costing us all 1.4-2 trillion dollars? gosh, i dunno.... because he's a patriot?... because he knew if the jaggov's mentioned her publicly they'd be breaking the law?

thanks for summing up your entire position regarding the matter...

spin it all however you like...

but there was no yellow cake sale... Saddam Hussein had no WMDs, no drones, no bioweapons labs, no nuke facilities, none of it... and yet hundreds of billions of dollars worth of fraud and corruption (as predicted) have been levied upon the U.S. tax payer ... Joe Wilson is a man who spoke out and said "hold on a minute, something's not right here," and he immediately learned just how vindictive Dick Cheney really is... It's really quite simple, no matter how you want to pretend otherwise....

we all understand the desperate need by people like you to muddy the waters and protect the "sanctity" of the great lie, but just remember... you can keep repeating the Hannity talking point, and i'll be right here to set the record straight... see you in a month, when you lie again about it all...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2007
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

No one said there was a yellow cake sale. What was said and what Wilson confirmed was that there was an ATTEMPT to buy yellowcake. Not that a ale actually occured.