PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arizona Cardinals: 0-4 on road against non-NFC West teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Other significant stats...

Wins against winning teams: 2 (vs Cowboys, vs Dolphins)
Last 4 games against non-division teams: 0-4 (@ Panthers, vs Giants, @ Eagles, vs Vikings)
Overall defense rank: 27th (25.5 PPG)
Rushing offense rank: 32nd (73 yards per game)

Worst losses of season...

56-35
@ Jets (Pass Defense: 29th)

35-14
vs Vikings (Pass Defense: 26th)
-----------------------------------------------------
Cardinals playoff seeding facts....

1st round bye: Cannot obtain
3rd seed: Cannot obtain unless Vikings LOSE OUT and they WIN OUT.

With that beatdown by the Vikings today, the Cardinals are pretty much a lock to be the fourth seed, as they now fall essentially 2 games behind the 3rd seed Vikings, with 2 games remaining.

Last edited:
Re: Arizona Cardinals: 0-4 on road against non NFC West teams

If Guyton and Light are okay, I like our chances. Warren may not be healthy, but AZ can't run the ball anyway.

Their defense is vulnerable, and they have nothing significant to play for. If we can't win this game, we would have gotten crushed by superior competition in the playoffs anyway.

I feel good after seeing the spanking the Vikings laid on them today.

They're clearly not playing their best football, have clinched their division, and are not in contention for a bye.

The only concern of course is what that passing attack will do to our secondary, but since they show no real running threat, I'm confident BB will find a way to limit Warner.

If Guyton and Light are okay, I like our chances. Warren may not be healthy, but AZ can't run the ball anyway.

Their defense is vulnerable, and they have nothing significant to play for. If we can't win this game, we would have gotten crushed by superior competition in the playoffs anyway.

Why run against the Pats? Just throw.

Cards are nothing special but they got embarrassed by the Vikings today. They might have a fire in their belly now and not want to lose again.

Last edited:

I feel good after seeing the spanking the Vikings laid on them today.

I actually felt worse after the spanking the Vikings gave them. After the two previous thrashings they suffered this season, the Cardinals came back and delivered a thrashing to the next opponent (including the Bills when the Bills were 4-0).

That feeling is offset to some extent by the fact the Cards chose to lose to the number 3 seed, which now is 9-5 to their 8-6. The Cards can only move up in seeding if the Vikes lose out and they win out and cannot fall from number 4. Thus they realistically are in the seed they will end in for the postseason. That may cause some personnel decisions to protect the receivers and Warner for the playoff run making the Cards a much less dangerous team to face, certainly in cold weather.

That feeling is offset to some extent by the fact the Cards chose to lose to the number 3 seed, which now is 9-5 to their 8-6. The Cards can only move up in seeding if the Vikes lose out and they win out and cannot fall from number 4. Thus they realistically are in the seed they will end in for the postseason. That may cause some personnel decisions to protect the receivers and Warner for the playoff run making the Cards a much less dangerous team to face, certainly in cold weather.

In this respect you'd actually rather we were playing them in Week 17, since I doubt they're inclined to rest their starters for two straight weeks - history has pretty clearly shown this to be a bad idea. That said, anyone who's slightly dinged up will probably be limited, though I'm not sure the injury status of any of their main guys.

It would certainly be enjoyable if they DID rest their starters and we got to see a Cassel-Leinart duel.

Patriots are opening as 8 point favorites against the Cardinals this week.

The Cards SHOULD have lost to SF and Seattle on the road to boot.

They're not a very good football team-they're only *marginally* better than their ****-poor NFCW rivals.

You guys should put a beating down on them next week.

The Cards SHOULD have lost to SF and Seattle on the road to boot.

They're not a very good football team-they're only *marginally* better than their ****-poor NFCW rivals.

You guys should put a beating down on them next week.

DTF, you guys gonna help us out this week, beating the Ravens?

This team scares me, as our D backfield makes any qb look good..

This team scares me, as our D backfield makes any qb look good..

You mean like MR. Russell?

17/31 54.8 comp 242 yds 7.8 avg 2td 1int 88.4 Rating.

His rating in the prior two games was 51.5 and 42.0 respectively.

DTF, you guys gonna help us out this week, beating the Ravens?

It's taken us almost 2 years, but this defense is FINALLY clicking with Wade's aggressive schemes.

Really-after 4 years of Tuna's bend-but-don't-break-our-blitz-packages-our-one-dimensional crap, this defense is FINALLY being utilized correctly.

Don't you worry-we'll close out our TX Stadium finale with a bang against the Ravens!:)

The thing I like is the whole thing of west coast teams travelling to the east coast for the early game. I'm pretty sure records of teams going from the west to the east isn't that good. Throw in a nice cold day at Gillette and hopefully it'll help. :)

cards might be a little embarassed after the vikings loss and might have a pt to prove. but if we can get to warner , iam somewhat confident he will fumble the ball . if we get up early on them , we might even see leinhart in the game since cards really have nothing to play for i think
leinhart v cassel. that will be funny.

Here's a fairly telling stat about the NFC West:

As a group, they have a combined record of 18-38.

Now, if you take out the division games they play against each other, their division as a whole has an 8-28 record, good for a .222 winning percentage. (The Cardinals themselves are 3-6 outside of the NFC West - .333).

In case you were wondering, the AFC East is 33-23 as a whole, and 23-13 outside their own division, a .639 winning percentage.

Last edited:

i like are chances, add the factor that 'zona plays in a dome and where its never below 80 degrees there so we should win this game. Think about it arizona is sorta like indy (just without the defence) so if indy does bad outside a dome and in the cold arizona should 2. Right?

I'm hoping for some bad weather.

No. Indy has no Defense. The Cards actually DO have some good defensive players. Its that their DTs are both injured, and not producing, so that they have to play DE types at DT, and can get overwhelmed and blown out.

Indy has a joke Defense, suitable for winning games when the Offense outscores the opponents, and not much else. Every once in a while like every 4th or 5th game, Bob Sanders plays and makes the Defense barely respectable, promptly injures himself, and sits for another 4 or 5 games...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm hoping for some bad weather.

Long term forecasts calls for mild temps (41 degrees) but a little rain...let's pray to the Weather gods for teen temps, sleet, snow and a driving wind...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back