PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Arian Foster retires

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't know how a black guy ended up with that first name.

From here: Arian - Meaning of Arian, What does Arian mean?

[ 3 syll. a-rian, ar-i-an ] The baby boy name Arian is sometimes used as a girl name. Its pronunciation is AAR-iy-aeN †. Arian is used predominantly in the Albanian and English languages, and its origin is Albanian and Old Greek. From Albanian roots, its meaning is golden life. It is derived from the elements 'ar' meaning gold ; 'jetë' life.

In addition, Arian is a variant of the name Arion (English).

Foster was one of my favorite non-Pats players. He not only performed on the field, but was a very interesting and articulate character off the field. He would have fit well in that locker room. He probably would have performed adequately too, I imagine, and lasted the year in a better situation. But Bill wisely passed since he had White to do the job until Lewis came back. Plus he had faith in LGB. Faith the media and fan base clearly didn't.

Going out in the middle of the season and not taking the team's money for not doing the job, is the kind of class you'd expect from Foster. He's the kind of guy you know will do well after football. I wish him all the best.

Another vegan athlete bites the dust. Eat some lean protein every once and a while. Ask Kap

I like to eat meat as much as anyone, but I'm not sure that's a fair assessment in this case. He's had a lot of injuries, the young talent in Miami has surpassed him, and he doesn't really have a shot at the playoffs. He decided to bow out and be on his way. He has had a great career, as the stats above show. Plenty of carnivores have failed to do anything even remotely approaching his accomplishments in this league. Seems like a weird agenda to push at this moment.

Still makes me wonder why players won't take a discount to play for a contender.

You signed up for a year stick it out.

Why ? This doesn't look like a knee-jerk retirement but more like the thoughts of someone who determined that his time was over. Why risk another major injury ? If teams can just cut anyone at whatever time they want I don't see any reason why a player should "stick it out" for them if he clearly feels his time is over. Especially on a losing team..

* Happy retirement Arian. Great player in his prime, glad we didn't sign him this offseason.

* Ditto Matt Forte, who's averaging 3.5 YPC and has caught only 18 passes so far.

Yep. That's what I was telling folks who wanted to throw Money at these Guys: Don't pay'm for what they did 3 Years ago. When we smacked the Fish around several weeks go, I watched with my Bro, and was telling'm how stupid the Fish were to go with Foster over Jay Ajayi, who I mocked to us 18 months ago when he went in the 5th freaking Round...and who I gave a Top 10 Grade to. :eek:

Bill really ought to give me a Call. ;)

Remember when people wanted him over Blount?
It was valid at the time.

Arian had the talent, but he apparently didn't have the sustained physical ability, especially for the RB position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back