PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you "writing off the season" at 3-2?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you "writing off the season" with the Pats at 3-2?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I use this poll to stock my ignore list?

whats the point of having a discussion if you just ignore everyone who disagrees with you?

whats the point of having a discussion if you just ignore everyone who disagrees with you?

People who use ignore lists have no balls and can't stand anyone disagreeing with them and have no restraint by avoiding a thread they know is dumb or illogical

Ignore lists are the dumbest thing in ANY forum and anyojne who uses them should seek help since they can't avoid this so called problem they have with another member of that particular forum.

I don't use the ignore list because I have the brains to know not to read a thread of a poster i know is just craving attention,many don't have that capability so its the easy way out.

Last edited:
People who use ignore lists have no balls and can't stand anyone disagreeing with them and have no restraint by avoiding a thread they know is dumb or illogical

Ignore lists are the dumbest thing in ANY forum and anyojne who uses them should seek help since they can't avoid this so called problem they have with another member of that particular forum.

I don't use the ignore list because I have the brains to know not to read a thread of a poster i know is just craving attention,many don't have that capability so its the easy way out.

Maybe its just me, but I kind of like when people disagree with me, it makes for some good arguing, and who knows maybe if you (not actually you, but "you" as any individual) can set aside the fac that you're the "greatest, smartest football fan ever" you might acually learn a thing or two.

Maybe its just me, but I kind of like when people disagree with me, it makes for some good arguing, and who knows maybe if you (not actually you, but "you" as any individual) can set aside the fac that you're the "greatest, smartest football fan ever" you might acually learn a thing or two.

I enjoy pro and con threads too and for several reasons

I know nothing about the person I am arguing to and I could care less about him liking me

He knows no more than I do unless he is a part of the organization because all one can do is to go to games and watch them play,read info on the internet and watch team related stuff on TV - Thats its, otherwise no one in here knows anymore than the other and the only thing we all have in common is sitting behind a keyboard and acting as if you are a genius - NONE in here are even close to being a professional football knowledgable person and some in here think they are like Mike Reiss or other reporters who are in depth with the team,Sorry its not happening...period,end of story

The Patriots were 5-5 at one point during their 2001 underdog season. I'm not willing to write this team off at 3-2.

I enjoy pro and con threads too and for several reasons

I know nothing about the person I am arguing to and I could care less about him liking me

He knows no more than I do unless he is a part of the organization because all one can do is to go to games and watch them play,read info on the internet and watch team related stuff on TV - Thats its, otherwise no one in here knows anymore than the other and the only thing we all have in common is sitting behind a keyboard and acting as if you are a genius - NONE in here are even close to being a professional football knowledgable person and some in here think they are like Mike Reiss or other reporters who are in depth with the team,Sorry its not happening...period,end of story

except for me! :). Just kidding, but yea i hear ya. I watch the games, whatch the sports shows and nfl network to learn as much as i can about the team and the game that i love. I say i think matt cassel sucks, but I am also not dumb enough to think that I know how to evaluate a qb more than BB does, I just call it as I see it as a fan sitting on the couch getting pissed off at the 4th pass that is thrown directly at the ground, nothing more, nothing less. I dont get MAD at people who think cassel should stay in, I just think they are wrong, and in this situation, I actually hope tha I am wrong, and that he leads the team to a 14-2 season. Its not like i WANT them to suck, I jut give my opinion as a fan, not as an expert. NAW MEAN? And I dont ignore people who disagree with me, when infact, I want them to be right some times.

What a dumb and immature response! And you proudly use your so-called analysis to imply that you have the 2bs (balls and brains). Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Nice try though. ;)

Get off the high horse from where you showcase your deep philosophical insights into the psyche of others who might be a step ahead of you in terms of using the facilities of the technological world. :snob:

----

Back to the OP: No, I am not writing off the season yet. I disagree with Andy's "what's the big deal" thread. It is a big deal IMO to see our team perform so poorly the second time in five games. But that does not mean that I am writing off the season.

GO PATS!!

What a dumb and immature response! And you proudly use your so-called analysis to imply that you have the 2bs (balls and brains). Yeah, right. :rolleyes: Nice try though. ;)

Get off the high horse from where you showcase your deep philosophical insights into the psyche of others who might be a step ahead of you in terms of using the facilities of the technological world. :snob:

----

Back to the OP: No, I am not writing off the season yet. I disagree with Andy's "what's the big deal" thread. It is a big deal IMO to see our team perform so poorly the second time in five games. But that does not mean that I am writing off the season.

GO PATS!!

Dont bother responding patriot64, he wont see it as Im sure he already put you on ignore.

I'm still expecting Cassel to lead them into the playoffs as he improves (and I'm sure he will improve, this is his first year since high school).

I WAS confident about the SB and winning the SB, but now I'm less so. However if we don't make it to the AFCCG I'm going to be disappointed.

The Patriots were 5-5 at one point during their 2001 underdog season. I'm not willing to write this team off at 3-2.

And would you say that, even without Brady, this team has more talent than the 2001 team?

I don't deny any of the concerns expressed, about our Defense or about our Offense - but I'm also seeing that there's a lot that can go wrong with the health of OTHER teams - and I've noted that BB coached teams often - if not usually - find ways to mask their deficiencies.

That being said, I think the 2001 team, knowing that they were lacking in talent, more than made up for it in heart, commitment, and playing as a team. No offense but I've not seen that same character demonstrated by this one.

Still - there's time for them to right the ship - as you said a team at 5-5 still has time to come together and peak at just the right time - and once the playoffs start, its a whole new season.

Andy Johnson was noting all the fans here who are "writing off the season" while we're at 3-2

If he's right, that's shocking to me as well, but I'm not quite sure that's what's happening. There's concern certainly - and true fans want to see this team improve its level of play - and know they NEED to improve their play if they expect this team to make the playoffs or go deep in the playoffs...

But at 3-2, are fans really writing off the season?

Seems like while there's plenty of concern about the play of the team to date, there's relatively few fans who are writing off the season at 3-2 - looking like 15% thus far.

Now that's not to say that anyone who feels that way can be blamed given the play of the team so far... if nothing changes we're looking at a team that can maybe squeeze into the playoffs, but will be ousted if the mediocre play continues.

Hopefully someone can tell them why "something will change" and the team will begin to play better!

And would you say that, even without Brady, this team has more talent than the 2001 team?

I don't deny any of the concerns expressed, about our Defense or about our Offense - but I'm also seeing that there's a lot that can go wrong with the health of OTHER teams - and I've noted that BB coached teams often - if not usually - find ways to mask their deficiencies.

That being said, I think the 2001 team, knowing that they were lacking in talent, more than made up for it in heart, commitment, and playing as a team. No offense but I've not seen that same character demonstrated by this one.

Still - there's time for them to right the ship - as you said a team at 5-5 still has time to come together and peak at just the right time - and once the playoffs start, its a whole new season.

Joe, take your heart medication, because I'm about to agree with you on something.....

One thing this team has had during this historic run as been a pit bull mentality. Whether or not the team was having a good game, the one thing the fans could nearly always count on was that the Patriots would be the more physical team. It wasn't a 100% certainty, but it was pretty close to that.

This team looks as if it's lost that tenacity. The two most physical teams they've faced have both been able to impose their will upon the Patriots' lines, and that's something I think the big uglies need to address.

This is the funniest post I've read today (although it's early yet). You have neither brains nor balls nor marginal football intelligence. And posters here absent all of the above should be

:banned2:

on general principle so the rest of us can quit wasting time building ignore lists and get back to arguing football rationally amongst ourselves.

Let's see Matt Cassell is our QB.

Our secondary is very weak.

Our offensive line is weakened by injuries.

Our defensive front has trouble pressuring the QB.

If we make the playoffs with those problem areas then Belichick is one step closer to being a god.
Excellent post. I will go with your analogy. We hire a new DB coach....why? Cassel can't even start on a college team (there is a reason). People are trying to say look at Brady and what he went through in 2001.There were signs that Brady got it. This kid does not. He has no vision. He has no clock. His confidence does not translate and our WR core are being blamed for not being open? I did watch the game. He had available shots all over the field. At least three of those four sacks were his fault. The INT was atrocious. Did we waste a pick on O'Connell? So what are saying is we are so bad let's not put the kid out there?
Yep. I am writing this season off if Cassel is the QB all season so I am a moron I guess. I feel a lot will depend on today to find out if the F.O. feels the same way. If they pick up a Sheppard or Gonzales I think they feel they have a shot for the playoffs. If they do nothing this is a huge sign they have decided that this years' team can do no better. They have given up.
DW Toys

I do think this is going to be a 'lost' season.. Initially I thought Cassel would do ok, sort of like Brady when Bledsoe went down.. But he has no presence in the pocket.. a little bit of pressure and he puts his head down and loses sight of his receivers. I have yet to see him make a good play while scrambling or being pressured. SD had given up the most passing yards and the most passing TDs in the league, but Cassel could do nothing.. He had Moss a couple of times but the balls were underthrown. However, what really has me concerned is the defense. They have looked God-awful lately.. They had a good game against the Jets, but otherwise there hasn't been much to write home about. And their pass coverage is abysmal. Could be a long night next week against Denver.. and that team has a terrible defense as well.

Denver will be the big test

I have pretty much dismissed their Super Bowl chances...... Playoffs are another matter, though. I think there are about 28 teams with playoff chances at this point. That is 28 teams going for 12 spots. The Patriots chances will be to win their division or battle Jacksonville, Tennessee, Denver, Baltimore and their division rivals for a WC spot. Then it probably ends in the 1st round and most certainly by the divisional round. Right now 9 and 7 and no playoff berth looks about right.

I just want to see improvement out of the rest of the team and get ready for the 2009 redemption campaign.

Win close, Lose big. This team is marginal at best, I would have had higher hopes for the season,but for that to happen the defense wil have to step up big time. If they finish 8-8 it will be a good season. Defense needs an overhaul in the off season. Seymour is a shell of his former self

Dont bother responding patriot64, he wont see it as Im sure he already put you on ignore.

Wrong again! Don't worry, not so quick. I like the pics beneath his signature :)

Unlike some who blindly assume that anyone using ignore lists should be a dumb guy without balls (and hey! what about the gals who use ignore list?? :D), some of us dumb guys (with balls of course ;)) actually have the patience to read many postings to evaluate if the poster offers any valid points or just rambles nonsense, and only then determine if they are worthy of joining the much-sought-after-by-invite-only ignore list.

Guess you haven't yet read MoLewisrocks' response ...Brace yourself before you scroll up. :cool:

----

Back to the main topic: I think we should have this poll after every four games and get a sense for how the opinion changes as the season goes by.

Remember that the Gints didn't look good during the first three quarters of last season. Would MC, our offense, defense and coaches make the necessray adjustments so that our team finds the spark and cohesion soon enough so that we make a strong push to the playoffs? I hope so!

Why would anyone give up on a 3-2 team? I swear some people's memories don't extend past 04,or even 07.

We should compile a list of past SB winners who were 3-2, then compile a list of regular season super stars who folded like cheap suits in the playoffs.Peyton and his herd say hello ;)

Then there's the Patriots themselves- anyone who's followed the Patriots even since only 2001 should've come to the realization that anything can happen once you get to the post season-everybody's 0/0 again.And that anything can happen during the regular season-injuries to other teams, ref breaks along the way,another team loses which props your team back in the running....etcetcetc.

I won't count them out until they're mathematically eliminated, and if that happens then I'll move on to praying that no team I hate will win either:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back