Welcome to PatsFans.com

Are you Superstitious??

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by midwestpatsfan, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. midwestpatsfan

midwestpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

I have tried to convince myself for years that any of my pregame rituals and superstitions have no bearing on the outcome of the game, but I can't seem to stop myself from sticking to my routine. It got me to thinking what the rest of you do to help the team out?
    Here is what I do.
    I have an old red shirt from college (not even a patriots shirt) that I where on sunday. I also have to sit in the same place on the couch for each game. I have to watch the game alone (playoffs only) and I do this weird hand clapping thing when the team needs to make a big stop or a turnover.

Also, my wife is not big into football but understands my passion for the game. Earlier this year I made a comprimise and watched the Colts and Broncos games(both loses) upstairs so she could watch a movie. Needless to say, no more of that.
    Finally, last week she came in and started casually watching the jets/patriots game, soon after the jets had that long TD pass. She was instantly kicked out of the living room and kindly asked not to return until games end. :)
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +509 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Sorry, man, but superstitions are just . . . (I'll let you fill in the blank but I'm not superstitious).

:)
  3. p8ryts

p8ryts Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Yes, I try to wear something with Pats on it most every day if only Pats socks, and for now my jersey of choice is a Troy Brown Super Bowl jersey and for today I also have my socks, pats super bowl 36 t shirt, pats jogging pants.
  4. F0nSY

F0nSY Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

Me too not,I'm not superstitious :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  5. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

That is not supersttitious, that is OCD:singing:
  6. Remix 6

Remix 6 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

depression. alone on game day :\
  7. F0nSY

F0nSY Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

That is not supersttitious :p :D
  8. F0nSY

F0nSY Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

#22 Jersey

NEM,are you in San Diego today?
  9. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

How do you know man... HOW DO YOU KNOW!!?

What if the only way the pat's were going to win is if we have more people put their left shoe on first then SD fans?! Oh brother nem, how far has thou fallen?
  10. Snarf

Snarf Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

<< But my wife, an Evangelical Christian, convinced me that there really are no such things as superstitions.. >>

Oh the irony! Hahaha....

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  11. Michigan Dave

Michigan Dave Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Yes. I have a rotation of jerseys with me in case things start to go wrong. I also benched the hat I wore for the AFCDP last year. I have no idea why I am superstitious, but I am.
  12. TomBrady'sGoat

TomBrady'sGoat Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

i enjoy mocking my superstitious friends. i mean, i would if i had any :(
  13. 5 Rings for Brady!!

5 Rings for Brady!! Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Being superstitious is just a way of feeling like you are part of the team and part of their destiny. It makes you feel empowered to add to the good fight.

Nothing wrong with that. I am superstitious from time to time, but my wife is much more so. It makes us feel involved in the process.

My superstitions/karma are along the lines of not trash talking that we are going to win before important games. In my world, I like when trolls come here and announce they are going to beat us, because it plays into my superstitions/karma.

I like when opposing teams announce stuff to the media, or have lots of ESPN interviews before the game, or are seen repeatedly in highlights as compared to our team, who are all but shunned in the media. That stuff plays into my feelings of karma.

At the end of the day, it is superficial but it makes me feel like part of the process.

My wife takes it much further, with the careful arranging of her Patriots bedsheets and what-not, but it gives her something to do with herself before the game.
  14. DaBruinz

DaBruinz Pats, B's, Sox PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 24 / -48

#50 Jersey

I am very superstitious myself. Comes from being a hockey player. I have a particular New England Patriots T-Shirt and my Brady Jersey that haven't been washing since the Pats lost to the Phins. Also, the Phins loss was the last time I shaved on a sunday.

As for NEM's wife, she should see the movie "The Butterfly Effect".
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.