PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you making a big deal about the Ridley fumble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't a fumble unless you think statisticians make calls.

Belichick thinks it was a fumble and that's enough for me. The homers can think otherwise.

There was some question as to whether it was a fumble at all as Ridley was close to having his backside on the turf when the ball came out when safety Earl Wolff stripped it out. But to head coach Bill Belichick, who has been down this road for the last three seasons with Ridley, whether it was down by contact was not the issue.

Ridley was down, it is not a fumble or a turnover if the runner was down.
Go tell Belichick that you said everything is OK.

Jamaal Charles: Chiefs
Alfred Morris: Redskins
CJ Spiller: Bills
Reggie Bush: Lions
Ben Tate: Texans
Joique Bell: Lions
Rashard Mendenhall: Cardinals

I think it could be argued that one of the many things that differentiates Bill Belichick teams from perennial crappy to mid-pack NFL teams is an refusal to tolerate fumbles from a running back. Especially situationally brain-dead fumbles in the red zone that cost the team points and wins.

Belichick thinks it was a fumble and that's enough for me. The homers can think otherwise.

Show us anywhere Belichick called it a fumble?

No he doesn't.
But I can see how you jet fans could spin it tat way

I've said it before in another thread, but Ridley just doesn't have SB-contender starting-caliber vision
to avoid the traffic at the LOS. He constantly misses the the holes, and combined with his fumbling
issues, he is too much of a liability to be trusted when points need to be scored.
The game last year @ Carolina is a perfect example.

I've said it before in another thread, but Ridley just doesn't have SB-contender starting-caliber vision
to avoid the traffic at the LOS. He constantly misses the the holes, and combined with his fumbling
issues, he is too much of a liability to be trusted when points need to be scored.
The game last year @ Carolina is a perfect example.

Idiotic post.

I'm not, but it doesn't matter because they're not going to give it to him in a big spot. Which is unfortunate, because once again it'll be about Brady chucking it 40+ times in the AFCCG/SB. Despite him being one of the five best ever, it hasn't exactly yielded a lot of positive results (45, 23, 17, 41, 13, 43, 16). So after they crush whatever chump comes out of the wild card round, they stall out and score in the teen's next week. And really, that Denver game was 3 points until the Broncos let up.

I knew it would be. No matter if he was down or not..he wants them to hang onto the ball

I want them to hang onto the ball too. The same is true for the WRs after they catch passes. Every once in a while you'll see some player (usually from another team) put a ball down after a great play without realizing that they weren't ruled down yet. I get a chuckle out of that when it's another team, but not when it's mine.

I think Ridley has spent too much time talking about his fumbles and not fixing them. He still looks like he carries the ball too far away from his body.

Stevan Ridley, ball security back in focus for New England Patriots - ESPN

"We always talk about ball security, taking care of the ball. There is nothing that correlates more to winning and losing than turnovers," Belichick said Saturday. "That's always a high priority for us. We never want the ball out. ... The plays where the ball gets away from us, whether we recover it or it goes out of bounds, or they recover it, those are all plays we're trying to avoid obviously. So they do matter [when grading the play]."

It's disturbing that he's still carrying it low and away. But I'm not panicking about it just yet.

Nahh...I'm not worried...yet. It is preseason and things happen. Obviously last year fumbling was an issue for him, and putting the ball on the ground isn't something we want to ever see; but he still has a few weeks to work on it and to be honest I'd rather have a fumbling Ridley versus no Ridley at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back