Welcome to PatsFans.com

Are you kidding?...More taxes?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jun 12, 2009.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +199 / 3 / -10

I've stated before that no gov't can dramatically increase taxes on a nation in deep recession and think that recession won't get worse. If they do, it will...there's no way around it.

It's impossible to take disposable income away from consumers who create/generate over 70% of GDP. We all know consumers just aren't spending, so increases in taxes significantly will decrease consumers spending even further. That's not a theory folks, it's basic math.

So now they're thinking of taxing company cell phone use for private phone calls. That on TOP of the possibilty of taxing company paid health insurance.

ALL OF WHICH ADDS UP TO ONLY ONE THING...A HUGE BROKEN PROMISE NOT TO INCREASE TAXES ON THOSE MAKING LESS THAN $250K.

There is NOTHING worse a president can do than break a promise he made over & over again.

"The use of company-issued mobile phones could trigger new federal income taxes on millions of Americans as a "fringe benefit."

The Internal Revenue Service proposed employers assign 25% of an employee's annual phone expenses as a taxable benefit. Under that scenario, a worker in the 28% tax bracket, whose wireless device costs the company $1,500 a year, could see $105 in additional federal income tax."

Tax Man's Target: The Mobile Phone - WSJ.com
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2009
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

They'll say this isn't a "new" tax or "additional" tax just a more correct definition of "taxable income". It's crap, of course, but the obamans are good at explaining things like this.

You 'ain't seen nothing yet, though, if obamacare goes through and cap and tax gets done you'll be paying more through taxes and all your energy bills.
  3. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +601 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Well ... you could have joined me in that old birth certificate thread ... :rolleyes:

Had to get that in ... Seriously Hillary would have done the same. McCain would have been more restrained on the spending but would have added nothing on the international front. Perhaps, if we are still around we can get it right next election or Obama may start investigating the crap that is being pulled on him ... right on the prompter no less.
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  4. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +199 / 3 / -10

I'll admit I don't like a lot of what he's doing, but I also like some other things he is doing. I would rather not see our way of life totally change and have our culture like many European countries.

LOL on the birth certificate thing...but I still think that was petty stuff. What isn't petty is breaking a big promise.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +299 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

PR, I think this article sums up the problem fairly well :

Kneale: Obama's 'Ridiculous' Promise - Economy * US * News * Story - CNBC.com

This particular paragraph is shocking and should make everyone pause when thinking about what obamacare may actually end up costing :

"The Cato Institute’s Michael Tanner and Chris Edwards note that government always lowballs its spending estimates in this area. When Medicare was born in 1965, the forecast was for “Part A” spending of $9 billion by 1990—but it ended up at $67 billion. The Medicaid benefit to hospitals, added in 1987, was pegged at $100 million a year; by 1992 it was already at $11 billion."
  6. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

Pay up, slim. There are some Flint, Michigan, hootches who need assistance. Flint Journal

I saw women like this in the cities of Michigan, but now because of the magic of Section 8 they're coming to a neighborhood near you.
  7. State

State Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#70 Jersey

It's always easy to spend other people's money, ain't it? Plus, it makes some feel morally superior. A win-win for liberals, a lose-lose for society.

Check out Calif. recently? The Problem With California.