PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you happy with the roster as it is today?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you happy with the current roster?

• Terrible - I think this roster is the worst we've had in a while on at least one side of the ball.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not 100% satisfied yet. I do think we need that third QB and the back 7 or 8 of the defense appears weak and lacks playmakers.
On offense Galloway and Taylor appear to have made the team based on reputation and not performance. I feel for Nunn who played his tail off.
Strange how our our d-LIne and secondary are almost entirely home grown and yet our wide receivers and Tight ends are alomost entirely not home grown.

I didn't like the wording of Option 2 ("pretty good"), as I think this is a terrific team. However, I chose that option because I don't think it's possible (or wise) to start the season without a ready-to-go QB backing up TB.

My other areas of concern "will be what they will be," as it's past time to make adjustments in the deep secondary, at LB and in generating a fearsome pass rush. Also, after the penetration achieved by other teams in the pre season both on Tommy and against the run, I have my fingers crossed on how the O line will perform.

All things considered, though, given the constraints imposed by the cap I don't think there's a better team in the entire NFL "across the board" than this Pats team.

Personally, I am definitely Ready for Some Football!

Last edited:
Looking as good as can be expected, I suppose. Plus Maroney, Watson, and Sanders are still on the team (with two of the three slated to start), which just brightens my day right up.

Good things:

1) Our LB corps is going to be good. All young and have to play. I think by week 8 this group is going to be real good. Unlike last year will not fade in Decemeber, January push. Plus the only way to learn is game experience which needs to be gained by playing and making mistakes. I like Rob who is going to be a good match up on the RT side as he is not fast but solid to take on the RT and hold the edge. I think he is going to open eyes with sharing time with Woods and actually let Woods rush more.
Respectfully, but very much disagree. We have Adalius & Mayo &...JAGs.

2) CB - Same, by week 8. We will make a few mistakes but I see takeways improving. For the first time we have speed to match the Waynes and other speedy receivers.
Springs & Bodden were crap during TC & Pre-season. It's time for them to step it up, or else we're screwed.

3) DL - the only problem is we have too many DTs to play much of 4-3. In a 4-3 you generally need a quick first-step DE. We do not have one. So we can play some 4-3 till we add a true speed edge rusher we will play more base front 7 this year.
Agreed. Drafting Lawrence Sidbury instead of OBurger in the 4th round would've gone a way toward solving that problem.

4) Safety - the best group in a few years. I expect this group to lead the picks.
Generally agree, though if Bill had signed Sean Jones instead of lil' Jimmy Sanders, then I would completely agree.

5) Offense - OL is younger and we are developing quite a few spots in case of injury. I still do not see a Light-type player. Vollmer due to his size and reach is a great RT prospect and is just atheletic enough for a backup Swing tackle. Dumervill-type tweener speeder will just have a field day.
Will Beatty would've been better-able to handle the Dumervill-type speed -rushers; I don't like OBurger & Wendell as our backup C/Gs; and signing the broken-down, old, motivationally questionable Kendall Simmons is just stupid and yet another bad signing by Bill.

6) TE - Happy and I am thinking Watson and Baker will be fine. Matthews is a blocker but we hopefully never go to the Graham/Watson setup offense. You always knew which TE is blocking and which one is catching.
Baker/Watson/Matthews may be OK, but Bill really F'ed Up the manner in which he arrived at this trio.

7) WR - good.
I don't like the depth here, unless 37-year-old Galloway & Greg (we traded a 5th-rounder for Who?!?) Lewis suddenly decide to act as if they are competent WRs on a SB contender.

8) RB - Good. With 3 30-Plus guys we have to carry 2 young guys.
Agreed.

Disappointment:

Crable - He is a 3rd rd pick and I am pissed that he is IRed. Why can't they PUP him and see where he is at week 6 or if we have an injury....No idea. I see a few people think its some sort of red shirt. But he signed for 3 yrs, so next year what we give him a new contract?

Chicken Legs is ineligible for PUP. It's either IR, Release, or 53.

P.S.: Considering the Seymour trade, would anybody amend their vote now, if they could?

Last edited:
Can we close this thread and re-post. I want to change my vote.

I was hoping for another shot at the "predict the season" thread, myself...

No. I don't like where they are at with WR. Galloway is probably gone after this season and doesn't look comfortable with this offense. It's not a good sign when he's coming off the field during the preseason shrugging his shoulders like "what the hell just happened?" "what was I supposed to do?" I really don't understand the signing of a 37 year old WR when there were plenty of receivers on the FA market that would've come cheap. In particular, if the Pats were looking for another WR to stretch the field, look no further than Devery Henderson. For a guy that averaged over 20 yards a catch for two consecutive seasons and didn't receive any interest is a shock to me.

In addition, the Pats are extremely thin at LB and the season hasn't even started yet. In fact, their more thin at LB than in 2006. Seriously, if there are injuries, and their will be injuries at LB, they will have a mess at LB. Who backs up Mayo? Is Pierre Woods comfortable playing OLB in a 4-3. With Woods's skill set, I'm sure he's not comfortable playing OLB in a 4-3 because it requires more range at the position which he doesn't have. Being realistic, I have a hard time believing that the starting LB's will be starting when the season ends. BB better swing a trade for somebody really quickly.

I was..................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back