PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you happy with the roster as it is today?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you happy with the current roster?

• Terrible - I think this roster is the worst we've had in a while on at least one side of the ball.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Assumed injuries aside, are you happy with roster?

Vote and state your reasons.

I like it, personally, though I think we're down to four RB's before too long into the season, either sending a player to IR or dropping whoever shakes into the #5 slot in favour of another position.

I think LB will be stronger than it feels right now. Guyton, Ninkovich and Woods could be big-time gamers in the situations they hold this year.

Last edited:
Amazing with 2-3 tweaks to come

well i think we may add another lb...the titans released there old starting ILB

I voted pretty good.... You gotta love our starters in general.

I see a couple of tweaks coming.....

A buckup QB and another solid Tackle would seal the deal for me...:cool:

Pretty good. I do have this nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach about the LB corps this year. It's not nearly as bad as the one I had about the secondary last year, but it's there nevertheless. If there's going to be one weak point on our defense, I believe that's it.

That said, our roster from top to bottom is looking pretty tip top.

Fly as a kite

I am very satisfied with the roster.

Obviously, Brady's health is the #1 priority right now. if he's healthy, we are going places.

with regards to everyone else, we have gotten younger and faster on defense. Butler and Chung struggled during the pre-season, but they probably wont see much action for the first 6-10 weeks of the season, if at all. Hopefully, they will learn from the veterans throughout the year and improve their games. Brace looks like he will be valuable also. Im interested to see how pryor plays. i feel if we play in the 4-3 he will have a great opportunity to be a key contributor on the team. if we play 3-4, i dont know if i see him playing that much.

Also, I really hope Bodden and Wilhite have great seasons. they may be the key to our team. if they can be solid playmakers we can be great as a team

I love the addition of Burgess as well. Hopefully he will significantly upgrade our pass rush. going to be interesting to see what Defense we play for the majority of plays.

I don't like the backup QB situation. That alone is enough for me to say that I'm not happy with this roster as it is today.

But I don't think any of the four voting options really fit my take on the squad.

Last edited:
Somewhere between amazing and pretty good. I'm not a huge fan of going into the season with 2 QBs and 3 OTs (and I doubt that we will), but other than that I think we're in awfully good shape.

Last edited:
With another reserve ILB and QB, I don't think this roster has any major weaknesses, especially if we are predominantly a 4-3.

Pretty good for me, I do see a player, maybe two claimed thru waivers. Plus I see a 3rd QB being added...

Yes, I'm very happy.

I am less than enthusiastic about Galloway based on his performance with the team so far. The old guy may have lost some of his terrific explosiveness--something Reiss has noticed too. Ask Reiss: Burgess helps fills the 'bag - Boston.com

Seeing Terrence Nunn and Ray Ventrone depart, likely to other teams, hurts a bit.

Here's a good breakdown: Breaking down the New England Patriots 53-man roster

I was really surprised how well Alexander played against the Giants at his LBer spot. He looks much improved over that debacle when he was forced into action several years ago against the Colts in the playoffs.

I refuse to vote.
I don't think it is horrible and isn't great, but in the end I'm not Bill Belichick.

Im happy that Watson may no longer see many snaps, although I wish he had been cut or traded

Hope Taylor Morris and Lawfirm can keep Taps off the field

Pretty good. I do have this nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach about the LB corps this year. It's not nearly as bad as the one I had about the secondary last year, but it's there nevertheless. If there's going to be one weak point on our defense, I believe that's it.

That said, our roster from top to bottom is looking pretty tip top.

LineBacker will be a strength; newsflash we are now a primary 4/3 team now

With Mayo,Adalius,Ninky and Guyton, Flying all over the place and Crable on the stationary bike building up them peg legs...shoot fool we set

I'm fine with the roster as a starting point, but expect to see continual change over the course of the season. Expected changes include:

- Slater to IR
- Only 4 RBs for most of the season
- A 3rd QB added
- An ILB added - possibly Seau at the mid-way point if no other option materializes

I was sorry to see Crable to IR, but kudos to Nikovich. Crable will have his work cut out to make the team next year. I'm most uncomfortable with Alexander as our 3rd ILB, though I understand that between the 4-3 and Adalius Thomas being capable of being moved inside in the 3-4 that we have some flexibility.

Roster
Good things
1)Our LB core is going to be good .All young and have to play. I think by week 8 this group is going to be real good. Unlike last year will not fade in decemeber,Jan push. Plus the only way to learn is game experience which needs to be gained by playing and making mistakes.I like rob who is going to be a good match up on the RT side as he is not fast but solid to take on the RT and hold the edge. I think he is going to open eyes with sharing time with woods and actually let woods rush more.

2) Same ,CB by week 8 .We will make a few mistakes but i see takeways improving. For the first time we have speed to match the wayne and other speedy receiver

3)DL - the only problem is we have too many DT to play much of 4-3. IN a 4-3 you generaly you need a quick first step DE .We do not have 1 . So we can play some 4-3 till we add a true speed edge rusher we will play more base front 7 this year.

4)Safety - the best group in a few years. i expect this group to lead the picks.

5)Offence - OL is younger and we are developing quiet a few spots incase of injury. I still do not asee a Light type player. VOllmer due to his size and reach is a great RT prospect and is just atheletic enough for a backup Swing tackle. Dumervill type tweener speeder will just have a field day.

6)TE - Happy and i am thinking watson and baker will be fine.Micheal is a blocker but we hopefully never goto the graham / ben setup offence. You alawys knew which te is blocking and which one is catching.

7)WR good

8)RB - Good .With 3 30Plus guys we have to carry 2 young guys.

Disappointment.
Crabel - He is a 3rd rd pick and i am pissed that he is IRed . Why cannot they pup him and see where he is at week 6 or if we have an injury....No idea.
I see a few people think its some sort of red shirt. BUt he signed for 3 yrs so next year what we give him a contract ?.

Last edited:
I'm always happy. Should be exciting!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back