PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you going to cut the ball in half?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weswelker#83

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
"Are you going to cut the ball in half and give half to Tom Brady and keep half because you both set the TD records on the same play?"

“To be honest, I suggested that. I really did. I really suggested that. Tommy was telling me, ‘No, you keep it.’ Well we both did it. ‘I give my kids one half, and you give you son the other half.’ I really don’t know what we’re going to do with the ball. I’m very blessed and fortunate to be in this position to be able to go out and do what I love to do, and that’s play football. There’s certain things in life that you don’t want to pass up, and this was an opportunity that I didn’t want to pass up. Becoming a New England Patriot and playing some real heads-up championship caliber football not only towards the end of the season, but at the beginning, the middle and the end. Now that the regular season is over, hopefully we can continue but at the same time pick up the pace a little bit.”

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/12/randy_reacts.html

Last edited:
That's so COLTS. Brady said he'd let Randy have the ball. They'll have a more special trophy to share in a few weeks :)

Very interesting scenario and probably one that will be discussed in football lore for many years to come.

First, there are two relevant balls. One when the record was tied, and one when it was set.

Second, the record setting ball belongs in Canton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back