PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you from the UK?

One less heading to the toilet after Barca decided to hold a soccer school. Are you watching Merseyside? Yes, we did...weren't impressed and haven't been all season. United will know how to deal with being outclassed though having taken a beating against Liverpool twice already this season.

Whats more disconcerting is how Uniteds song book is entirely made up of songs knicked from Liverpool. Lazy basatrds...

Last edited:
One less heading to the toilet after Barca decided to hold a soccer school. Are you watching Merseyside? Yes, we did...weren't impressed and haven't been all season. United will know how to deal with being outclassed though having taken a beating against Liverpool twice already this season.

Whats more disconcerting is how Uniteds song book is entirely made up of songs knicked from Liverpool. Lazy basatrds...

Only great teams win in Rome!!! YNWA

1977.jpg

Wassup guys, London calling... been a fan of the Pats for quite a few years now, and been hovering around this site since the start of the year to get the heads up on any news since the (unfortunate) early preseason.

Been a regular on Maddentips forums however for quite some time now so am immersed in the game no doubt.

Funnily enough (and though no one will believe my family lineage), I support Manchester United (diehard).

Anyway, its tough work being the most successful team in English history, and supporting the ever great Patriots.

To the Scousers/fans -

18 Times... and that's a FACT! :singing:

Blader :D

Battered in Rome, and that's a fact.

United fan born in Manchester, lived there till I was 12, Bolton till I was 18 and moved around a lot since then (I'm 37). Been in London for nearly 10 years now.

I'm not so disconcerted that there are so many Liverpool fans on here; they're the United of the 70s and 80s after all (with more European success, I hate to admit). Why support your local team when you can support a great one instead? ;) I can't say I have much time for all the plastic United "fans" either- the ones who support United because we're winning stuff at the moment. TBH, I wish they'd all just bugger off and support someone else.

Yes, we were battered on Wednesday. It could easily have been 4 or 5-0. The midfield got found out in the biggest way. Congrats to Barca, because it was a great performance by them.

Clearly, we need to get Hargreaves back as a matter of urgency, get someone who can calm things down and get the passing going again and we need to sort out who plays where. I've not been a fan of Ronaldo for some time now and just want to see him go. Great player, far too big an ego. Equally, I think Wayne Rooney is out of position on the left.

I suspect that United aren't as far behind Barca as we might fear/ hope (depending on allegiance); that Barca side should have lost to Chelsea in the semis and we contained them over two legs last year.

Having said that, I think Barca are capable of being a great side (especially if they sort their defence out) but aren't quite there yet. I just hope that a) United improve and b) Barca go backwards. My gut feeling is that won't happen. :(

Last edited:
I suspect that United aren't as far behind Barca as we might fear/ hope (depending on allegiance); that Barca side should have lost to Chelsea in the semis and we contained them over two legs last year.
:(

Mmm. Not sure about that one. :confused: As a neutral, I thought Barca deserved to go through against Chelsea, and I thought Manu were fortunate in the semi last year. Its interesting you used the phrase 'contained them'. I think this sums up the way that teams will try to beat them from now. Both Chelsea and Manu know that if they try to beat them playing attacking football, they will lose. If Chelsea had beaten them in the semis playing negative, defensive stuff does that mean they are a better team than Barca?
If Ronaldo goes in the summer, I think Fergie will have his work cut out to put a team together to mount a challenge in next years CL. :eek:

On an NFL subject, :eek:, does anyone know where I can get Pats merchandise in the UK. Or where can you get in the states which will deliver to the UK.

Personally I believe that the CL Final is a different prospect had Barca not scored on their first attempt on goal. That entirely deflated us. We were the better of the two sides by far in that first 10, and that goal just sent us backwards for the rest of the match. A bit like the Semi-final against Arsenal. The irony. Anyway, chasing the game against such a strong squad (with solid, 2 banks of 4 defending), is always hard... so do I think we got battered? No. To me a battering is like +3 goal win. Did we get beaten, by the better team? Yes. I just don't believe we played half as good as we could have. It was as much our poor performance as pieces of brilliance by Barca.

On an NFL subject, :eek:, does anyone know where I can get Pats merchandise in the UK. Or where can you get in the states which will deliver to the UK.

Erm you could try kitbag, ta-sports, aca sports and all that to see for some general merchandise. Also try stateside.co.uk? Alternatively try searching around NFLUK forums and see what they links they have, they're generally quite handy. TBH with the international series in a few months they're gonna be importing Pats merchandise like crazy.

Hope that helps...?

Blader.

I can't say I have much time for all the plastic United "fans" either- the ones who support United because we're winning stuff at the moment. TBH, I wish they'd all just bugger off and support someone else.

You'd lose 90% of the fanbase then big G. They'd have to go and support their local sides like Fulham, Chelsea or Arsenal...

Thanks for that NumenorBlader. Much appreciated. :D
I hadn't heard of any of those outlets.
Cheapest one for a shirt with delivery was stateside.co.uk at £42 which isn't that bad.
Hail Hail

Aca are actualy based in Scotland aren't they? See if they have high street stores..

You'd lose 90% of the fanbase then big G. They'd have to go and support their local sides like Fulham, Chelsea or Arsenal...

So be it. Nothing at all against loyal non-Mancunian fans, btw- just the glory hunters.

Thanks for that NumenorBlader. Much appreciated. :D
I hadn't heard of any of those outlets.
Cheapest one for a shirt with delivery was stateside.co.uk at £42 which isn't that bad.
Hail Hail

That's not bad. I need a shirt for the game as well, so I might have a look at that.

Aca are actualy based in Scotland aren't they? See if they have high street stores..

I had a look at their website and you are correct, they are based in Scotland.
They only have the one shop which is in Kircaldy( kir-caw-dee ;) ), which is in the Kingdom of Fife.
It is about an hour away from me, but a nice drive. You need to go over the Forth Road bridge or the Kincardine bridge to get there. I think I'll take a run up there just to see what else they have in store. The guys going to Wembley with me are looking for tops as well, but not Pats' ones I'm sorry to say. :mad:

Thanks again for that.

I had a look at their website and you are correct, they are based in Scotland.
They only have the one shop which is in Kircaldy( kir-caw-dee ;) ), which is in the Kingdom of Fife.
It is about an hour away from me, but a nice drive. You need to go over the Forth Road bridge or the Kincardine bridge to get there. I think I'll take a run up there just to see what else they have in store. The guys going to Wembley with me are looking for tops as well, but not Pats' ones I'm sorry to say. :mad:

Thanks again for that.

Seemed to remember browsing there in the past. I'm due in Glasgow for a tournament in August so hopefully I can sample the beautiful countryside up there, assuming thats what makes the drive nice.

Welcome to the site :ukflag:

Thanks, Liverpool fan. I'm a Spurs fan myself. Shame our game was called off earlier, eh? I was looking forward to a full day of sport. Although if I'd had to suffer two losses today I'm not sure how I would have coped...

Thats the bad thing about this weather, my teams games are off and it's messing with my beloved Liverpool.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back