PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you confident in this coaching staff's ability to make halftime adjustments?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you confident in this coaching staff's ability to make halftime adjustments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you think BB won 3 lombardis without being able to make a half time adjustment?

That was a while back with a much better coaching staff
This second half cancer has been evident for too long
It is a coaching problem
Period

PS
In spite of what others may think we need a running game
I don't mean top notch Cory Dillin clock killun but.....
You have to mix it up beyond Brady to Moss jump balls

It would be naive to think he does not miss Weiss, Crennel, McDaniels...
It was not all BB then, and it is not all BB now.

Last edited:
I haven't seen this staff make halftime adjustments in three years.

They've been worse but to say they haven't made any in three years is a over-exaggerating.

I recall them going into the halftime tied/losing against the Panthers (Week 14) & Bills (Week 1), respectively, last year then winning both games.

Last year they blew 4 games (@ Jets, @ Broncos, @ Colts, @ Dolphins) that they had a lead going into halftime.

Last edited:
I am not going to judge BB on the basis of one loss. Overall the coach has shown that he is outstanding at making half time adjustment.

I seriously wonder how anyone who has been a Patriots fan for more than a few weeks could vote anything but yes. Or why this is even a poll.

It's not on the basis of one loss though is it? This has been a recurring problem for a while now.

This is a young d. Please give it time. Worried about the offense though...

Since Romeo and Weis left the ability of the staff to make adjustments has been very limited. Half Time Adjustments used to be a strength of the staff that is no longer the case. The JEts staff did a better job today.

Hell no, how could you be?

They weren't able to during the biggest game in franchise history (SB42) and haven't been since.

I think the defense made an unfortunate adjustment just before halftime. On offense I think execution and talent were the issues, but the coaches aren't helping. The best talent wasn't executing consistently, particularly in the second half, and some of the talent on the field isn't really good enough to be. It's a 60 minute game whether you grabbed a one handed catch early or not. At least Randy acknowledged that. It's a 30 minute half whether you just went up by 7 on a flashy play or not. This team let up on defense after the second TD. The coaching staff let up too in a manner of speaking because they tend to not believe it when they see it. Bill looked befuddled throughout the second half, not angry or disappointed or stunned...befuddled like it never occurred to him they couldn't execute whatever offense or defense they chose to call...especially since Revis was gone.

Brady said it best, they couldn't make a play or make a stop, they sucked. They couldn't run the ball, they couldn't catch the ball, they couldn't convert on third down, they couldn't stop 'em on third down either. That's an effort fail. There were plays there to be made. I don't think he wasn't making the effort, but he can't convert if guys simply fail to execute.

What I don't have confidence in is this staff's ability to get these guys to make plays for 60 minutes or their ability to mask their inability to or their deficifiencies consistently.

I find it odd that when the Pats ran their 2 minute drill, they scored. Then when they weren't rushed (time), they can't score.

As far as halftime adjustments go, what halftime adjustments?

Last edited:
Thanks, but candor isn't a gimmick. (That's an oxymoron.) I can be critical and still be a fan--the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Your screen name is homer alert and you were calling the guy a homer - that's the gimmick. You should really only use that account to call out homers.

What staff? We don't even have official Co'ordinators do we? When I first started really following the NFL and the Pats we had established positions and talent in them like Weis and Crennel, Mangini and McDaniels coming a few years later. It seems a whole different setup to what it was then, for me.

Your screen name is homer alert and you were calling the guy a homer - that's the gimmick. You should really only use that account to call out homers.

Good catch, but since you don't appear to be drinking with the Kool gang, we didn't have this conversation. ;)

we have not been able to make adjustments since 2001... any other questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes