PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you confident in this coaching staff's ability to make halftime adjustments?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Are you confident in this coaching staff's ability to make halftime adjustments?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobs My Uncle

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
As the title says "Are you confident in this coaching staff's ability to make the proper halftime adjustments?

Last edited:
Well so far, it's been a continuation of the past few years. So No, that was a concern for a lot of people coming into this season, and it showed today.

Does it take ten characters to write NO?

I am confident in this staff's ability to make adjustments. I am not confident that those adjustments will actually work.

Oh yea! I'm confident that they made adjustments, they went from ok, to horrible! Someone turned the wrong valve!!!

Why would anybody have confidence? They get their butts kicked in the second half against any decent team.

They are terrible. I would say Bill is spread a little thin at halftime.

Last edited:
Can't see how anyone can say anything other than 'no' at this point.

i'm not sure yet but today didn't inspire me at all.

The problem was they didnt have to make many adjustments especially on the offensive side of the ball. In the first half they ran the ball a little bit which although wasnt effective it set up the play action and plays down the field. It also set up the passes over the middle to the TEs and Welker. In the 2nd half when the Pats saw Revis not out there they forced the ball to Moss too much. They neglected the TEs and Welker over the middle as well as the running game. The Jets didnt blitz as much in the 2nd half as well, so that also helped them take away the TEs, but still the team didnt really need to make many adjustments at halftime, a lot was working in the 1st half

What adjustments needed to be made? I think they need to stop
making adjustments at half time. If they played the second half like the first,
they win.

I am not going to judge BB on the basis of one loss. Overall the coach has shown that he is outstanding at making half time adjustment.

I seriously wonder how anyone who has been a Patriots fan for more than a few weeks could vote anything but yes. Or why this is even a poll.

O'Brien just keeps running the same plays, if it doesn't fit the situation he uses a bigger hammer. So who cares if Cromartie is on Moss, and Moss doesn't have a height advantage, and all you need is three yards for a first down--just keep tossing it up like a beachball. Maybe it will go your way. (Is Favre still available?)

Not for the past year and that's carried into this year. That said Brady needs to look at receivers other than Moss & Welker.

What adjustments needed to be made? I think they need to stop making adjustments at half time. If they played the second half like the first, they win.

Ughhh....yeah, good idea.

I haven't seen this staff make halftime adjustments in three years.

O'Brien just keeps running the same plays, if it doesn't fit the situation he uses a bigger hammer. So who cares if Cromartie is on Moss, and Moss doesn't have a height advantage, and all you need is three yards for a first down--just keep tossing it up like a beachball. Maybe it will go your way. (Is Favre still available?)

Including the Bengals' game, OBrien is predictable. Too bad Weis is in KC..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes