PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you afraid of a let down after a huge win like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy my wife works with is a Bears fan, and we have a friendly bet (i.e. loser buys the winner a 20 oz. of soda) about this Sunday's game. Monday we agreed the line was Pats by 3, on Tuesday morning he e-mailed me and said, "On second thought, can we make that Pats by 9?" :D

I told him I'd stay with 3, because I think the Pats spent a lot of emotion on that game, plus now they have a short week, plus they're on the road in an unfamiliar environment. Brady has never played at Soldier Field. In 2000 Bledsoe was still the starter, and in 2002 the game was played at the University of Illinois while Soldier was being renovated.

I agree with reflex, I still think the Pats will win but only by 3 or 7. Course that's what I thought would happen Monday night too. :bricks:

A 20 ounce bottle of soda.

Now that right there, is a BET.

Re: The Patriots are setup for a fall against the Bears

I don't recall a thread to that affect last time we went. And in fact it turned out to be a trap game that we lost.

It might be bad luck not to have a trap game thread with a Return of the Jedi Fish looking guy. We seem to have a good record on games with a fish looking guy thread.

I wasn't a member at the time so no clue. Maybe we should just create an official trap thread though for every week if it is good luck.

Answering the thread question...

I'd have to be an idiot not to be "afraid" of it, but I also think it's highly unlikely. In addition to all the usual reasons (Belichick, Brady, the Patriot Way, yada, yada), I think that we shouldn't underestimate the benefit of those few extra day's rest after Thanksgiving. It wasn't a bye week, but it was the next best thing.

Answering the thread question...

I'd have to be an idiot not to be "afraid" of it, but I also think it's highly unlikely. In addition to all the usual reasons (Belichick, Brady, the Patriot Way, yada, yada), I think that we shouldn't underestimate the benefit of those few extra day's rest after Thanksgiving. It wasn't a bye week, but it was the next best thing.

Dude the playoffs are full of "huge wins". This shouldn't be a problem and can help prepare them for the superbowl run.

Yes. There will be an emotional let down. They score only 35 points, not 45.:D

Re: The Patriots are setup for a fall against the Bears

Is anyone else worried about the Chicago game? The Patriots better be careful this week; there are a lot of factors working against them:
  1. The Patriots have a short week made even shorter by traveling to Chicago.
  2. The Patriots are all puffed up after humiliating the Jets. Some players must be looking ahead to a glorious bye week.
  3. The weather does not favor a passing team.
  4. The Bears need this more than the Patriots do.
  5. Fegler now thinks that the Patriots are totally awesome and did a 180 from last week about the Patriots porous defense

I think the bears and the pats both need this game equally.

weather is the same for both teams... and i'd rather tom brady than cutler in a windy came... like the jets game for instance.

chicago is looking for a bye week too

honestly i don't think it's a trap game... just a tough game against yet another good team on the pats schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back