PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you afraid of a let down after a huge win like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Patriots are setup for a fall against the Bears

is it me or do u post one of these "patriots are setup for a fall against [fill in the blank" type threads every week?

The Patriots have a short week made even shorter by traveling to Detroit.
The Patriots are all puffed up after defeating the Colts.

Sound familiar?

Is anyone else worried about the Chicago game? The Patriots better be careful this week; there are a lot of factors working against them:
  1. The Patriots have a short week made even shorter by traveling to Chicago.
  2. The Patriots are all puffed up after humiliating the Jets. Some players must be looking ahead to a glorious bye week.
  3. The weather does not favor a passing team.
  4. The Bears need this more than the Patriots do.
  5. Fegler now thinks that the Patriots are totally awesome and did a 180 from last week about the Patriots porous defense

Do you get up every morning and kick yourself in the balls?

You are.....

I don't think BB teams suffer trap games.

The Browns loss tests that theory a bit. But I think that was more spy vs. spy coaching (and not SpyGate style).

Re: Cowherd predicting Pats loss.....

Confused. Was it Colin Cowherd, Bill Cowher, or both, that predicted the Pats would lose to the Bears coming off their emotional win over the Jets?

Colin Cowherd.......................Bill Cowher is much more level headed and rational :))

I think Belichick has one loss against NFC teams since he got here (other than the Giants in the Super Bowl). Playing an NFC team is never a set up for a fall because only the Pats' home record eclipses the Pats' record vs. the NFC.

:bricks::bricks::bricks::bricks:

Isn't somebody supposed to post the picture with the Return of the Jedi fish-faced guy in response to these "trap" threads?

Sunday's game against the Bears won't be an easy one for a number of reasons, some of which you stated. First of all the weather will limit the offense. Second, it is in fact a short week of preparation and they do have to travel.

With that said, Brady has proven time and time again that he can make the throws he needs to make in poor weather conditions. Tom isn't used to playing home games in a dome or California. He plays his games in the confines of the Razor and correct me if I'm wrong, but it was quite windy Monday night.

Also, the Patriots' pass offense doesn't rely on deep passes that will be most effected by adverse weather. No, that Patriots pass offense utilizes short passes, creating match-ups and allowing the receivers gain yards after the catch. I'm anticipating that the Patriots will implement the same offense they used against the Jets, against the Bears.

As far as defense is concerned, the defense will be ready to play. They have the (needed) self-esteem to go on the road and the fortitude to play till the final whistle. As an example, I look at the Steelers game. In that game, the defense allowed the Steelers to remain in the game by allowing Big Ben to dissect the secondary. Compare that to Monday's game where Belichick huddled his team together and told them to FINISH and that they did.

This defense is young, but they are far more mature than we could ever had hoped for. I think Bill will have them coached up and ready to match up against Cutler and Forte.

My primary concern come from the Patriots ability to protect Brady, for Brady to be on his "A" game and successfully squeak out one more win with the same offensive game plan before having to re-design for the next opponent.

I think Belichick has one loss against NFC teams since he got here (other than the Giants in the Super Bowl). Playing an NFC team is never a set up for a fall because only the Pats' home record eclipses the Pats' record vs. the NFC.

It seems to me now QBs think they can pass all over the pats d but are finding out the defense is a lot more skilled than what video shows.

I don't think a Belichick-coached team suffers two "trap" games in the same season. I'm betting tape from the Cleveland comes up in practice this week.

I don't think a Belichick-coached team suffers two "trap" games in the same season. I'm betting tape from the Cleveland comes up in practice this week.

Umm, how can a 8-3 team be a trap game?

oy_vey.jpg

Isn't somebody supposed to post the picture with the Return of the Jedi fish-faced guy in response to these "trap" threads?

I would, but it's kind of old at this point. It seems we see it at least once every week as someone has to create a trap game thread. We could go to the Super Bowl and someone would create a thread calling it a trap game. :bricks:

Yes, we could lose to the Bears. Or the Packers. Or the Dolphins. Or the Bills. Can we please consolidate this into one big trap thread for all seasons rather than creating a new one each week?

Last edited:

is it me or do u post one of these "patriots are setup for a fall against [fill in the blank" type threads every week?

is it me or are there already 3 other threads discussing the same thing by varying names?

Re: Cowherd predicting Pats loss.....

says they will come out flat after such a high emotional win against the jests.....conversely he thinks the jests will be all fired up after being humiliated and blow out the dolphins. I don't agree with him.....but that is his opinion. I think the game in Chicago will be a tough one for us.....but we have faced BETTER QB's than Cutler and I think our D will get several picks on him.......Just depends on how well our O can move the ball on their defense...which I think everyone will agree has been playing incredibly tough......

Patriots come out flat they could lose this game. I've got them splitting the next two and beating the Bills and Fins. Not sure if they'll lose in Chi or lose to the Packers.....which is OK because going 3 - 1 (2 - 0 with the AFC games) will ensure the Patriots the number 1 seed. The Jets are not winning out and the Pats have a 2 game lead on the Steelers (right now 1 game ahead + tiebreaker) so the Patriots can afford one NFC loss.
The Bears game is going to be very tough for the Patriots.

tarp-30198.jpg

We could go to the Super Bowl and someone would create a thread calling it a trap game. :bricks:

I don't recall a thread to that affect last time we went. And in fact it turned out to be a trap game that we lost.

It might be bad luck not to have a trap game thread with a Return of the Jedi Fish looking guy. We seem to have a good record on games with a fish looking guy thread.

A Bill Belichick coached Patriots team will never lose a game due to looking ahead or being under-prepared.

The only valid point you made is that it is a short week, which we've obviously dealt with before...

Fegler now thinks that the Patriots are totally awesome and did a 180 from last week about the Patriots porous defense

How does this have any effect on the game....at all?

Yeah I can see it happening. Short weak, lousy weather, playing against a really good and physical defense.
This is going to be a very tough game for the Patriots. Alot tougher than many here seem to realize. As confident as I was heading into the Jet game ( predicted the Pats winning by 10 - 14 pts) I'm very leary of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back