PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you afraid of a let down after a huge win like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Bears are a really good team, that's all I'm worried about. Being in the middle of a tight run for homefield advantage is no time for a letdown and I'm sure that's being drilled into each player's head right now.

Yes, I'm worried about it, but I think our coach is too. There was a more pronounced "move on the Chicago game" than usual after that huge Jets win on Monday. Even Brady said in his presser that they were already behind in their preparation for Chicago. While all us fans were wildly excited after the Jets win, the team was decidedly business-like and subdued. I think there was a lot of talk about not really having any time to enjoy this win if we want to get where we want to go.

Hopefully the team has it covered.

I am not worried about it. Not saying it won't happen. Just not worried about it.

I think the Pats are up to the challenge despite the short week.

But a loss in the last four games could be a good thing to humble the team and focus them for the playoffs. And if we are to lose one I would rather it be the Bears or Packers and not the Dolphins or Bills cause we would still most likely win the division even if the Jets go 4-0.

Let down? No Not at all unless the pats consider us garbage which I dont think so. Especially after reading Belichick: Bears' record 'really speaks for itself' - Chicago Breaking Sports.

If anything you guys should be glad that you guys are VERY HOT after torching the 3rd ranked defense (which brady and co. just single handedly brought down to 8th).

But hey, i'm down for a 20oz soda can bet with anyone here. :D

P.S. Respect to Belichick

Last edited:
A letdown is always a distinct possibility with a young team. IMHO Belichick has emphasized how the team has practiced the week before in his pressers more than in any other year for this reason. Cleveland was a bad game because it was a terrible week of practice, Pittsburgh was a win because it was a better week of practice, "but that wouldn't take much," and now New York was a blowout because it was the best week of practice all year. Cajoling his team to approach every week professionally is at the forefront of his mind.

No disrespect to the Bears which are a very good team. But just for kicks go read what BB said about the 1-13 Dolphins the week before we played them in 2007. If you didn't know better and only watched the BB's press conference you would have thought the Patriots were 1-13 and the Dolphins were 14-0.

BB speaks that highly of every team. No matter how good or crappy they are.

As a fan, sure it is a concern. The win over the Jets would be the most emotional win of the year to this point, so an emotional letdown is a consideration. Add to that the short week, playing on the road, and in what looks like it will be bad weather conditions and the chances of a letdown would appear to increase.

I see a couple things that work in the Pats favor for a letdown not happening. First, they know the Bears are a good team - just look at their record - and therefore cannot be overlooked. Second, the Pats already had their dud letdown game against Cleveland - and that was recent enough they have not forgotten about it.

Overall I would say that a letdown is possible, but unlikely. Should be a good game Sunday.

No disrespect to the Bears which are a very good team. But just for kicks go read what BB said about the 1-13 Dolphins the week before we played them in 2007. If you didn't know better and only watched the BB's press conference you would have thought the Patriots were 1-13 and the Dolphins were 14-0.

BB speaks that highly of every team. No matter how good or crappy they are.

No disrespect taken i was just trying to emphasize that BB doesnt think we're garbage.

LOL way to rain on our parade :bricks:

Regardless, i always liked BB, besides the fact that he is a defensive mastermind is because he NEVER under estimates any team.

Re: Cowherd predicting Pats loss.....

In listened to him and had to turn it off. He was going on about how men compartmentalize on marital infidelity and can root for a guy like Favre, but women can't. Men are rational and dispassionate. Then a woman calls who is a Favre fan and he says, women are a lot more dispassionate than men, men whine and get too emotionally attached in sports. Had to turn it off.

Gee, why don't married women like it when men cheat on their wives?

Let's see, what is a typical male attitude toward women who sleep around?

Let down? No Not at all unless the pats consider us garbage which I dont think so. Especially after reading Belichick: Bears' record 'really speaks for itself' - Chicago Breaking Sports.

If anything you guys should be glad that you guys are VERY HOT after torching the 3rd ranked defense (which brady and co. just single handedly brought down to 8th).

But hey, i'm down for a 20oz soda can bet with anyone here. :D

P.S. Respect to Belichick

This is what I was going to say. The Bears are 9-3, losing to them would not be a letdown, it would suck, but not a letdown. Unless we lose by 42.....that's a letdown.:D

Last edited:

I hate Colin Cowherd, but he is something like 87% accurate at his predictions.

I'm not feeling it so much. Still say we (Bears) either give this one away or the team with the ball last wins.

I don't think there will be a letdown. That's not my concern.

I am, though, concerned that we're facing a very good team in their building in December, with a short week of preparation. They have been a bit inconsistent this year, but the "good" Bears were good enough to beat the Eagles and the Packers and can give a game to anyone in the league. Their defense does not give up lots of points, and they are high in the league in many defensive categories.

Even without a letdown we can lose this game.

It depends if Jay Cutler is drinking.

id8uua1.gif

a let down game is a very interesting thing...what i mean is, this team already had one w/ cleveland, and that one game taught them all they needed to know about let down games

i expected one at some point this season, it was against the browns, i dont expect another

I really dont mind how we do the rest of the regular season aslong as we at least match the Jets.

All the better if that is 4-0, but making the play offs is the important aspect.

We are easily good enough to beat the Bears and Packers, and obviously the Bills and dolphins but these teams are capable football teams also that could easily beat us too on any given off day.

There is also the argument that a shock defeat in our last 4 games could refocus the team to go on another run going into the play offs, just as the shocker at Cleveland focused the side to go on this run beating comprehensively 3 teams destined for the play offs.

Confused. Was it Colin Cowherd, Bill Cowher, or both, that predicted the Pats would lose to the Bears coming off their emotional win over the Jets?

The Patriots are setup for a fall against the Bears

Is anyone else worried about the Chicago game? The Patriots better be careful this week; there are a lot of factors working against them:
  1. The Patriots have a short week made even shorter by traveling to Chicago.
  2. The Patriots are all puffed up after humiliating the Jets. Some players must be looking ahead to a glorious bye week.
  3. The weather does not favor a passing team.
  4. The Bears need this more than the Patriots do.
  5. Fegler now thinks that the Patriots are totally awesome and did a 180 from last week about the Patriots porous defense

Re: The Patriots are setup for a fall against the Bears

is it me or do u post one of these "patriots are setup for a fall against [fill in the blank" type threads every week?

Re: The Patriots are setup for a fall against the Bears

is it me or do u post one of these "patriots are setup for a fall against [fill in the blank" type threads every week?

Yeah... and they're usually posted by Fred.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes