PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you a Patriots fan or a football fan?

Patriots fan first and foremost but I also love football. I really should have been born an American.

Was a Celtics fan 1st. Bill Russell. Then the Patriots. Never watch NBA anymore. No MLB. Did watch the 4th quarter of the Bruins winning the Cup.

Patriots Uber Alles!

I love football but my team is and always will be the patriots

What would you say you are first? Do you watch a lot of football or do you only really care about the Pats? Does your Sunday revovle around watching football in general or just the Patriots?

I'd say I was a Pats fan first, I still watch other football games (and soccer) obviously, but I wouldn't care if I missed them. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch 90 percent of regular season games that the Pats aren't playing in, but still obviously watch the really big games - playoffs, superbowl, opening night

For the lasts 20 years I've only played one video game and that's Madden. I buy it every year right when it comes out. The interesting thing is that in 20 years of playing it I've never once played with a team other than the New England Patriots.

As Celtics fans like to say "I am a Celtic" well "I am a Patriots"

Patriots fan first and foremost but I also love football. I really should have been born an American.

Next best thing, bro, you're from Oz. :rocker:

When I play Fantasy football, I find myself very interested in other NFL games, but the few years that I have not been able to play fantasy football, I only care if an AFC team loses.
During Bye week for Pats, I only watch NFL games if I want to root against an AFC opponent so we get that home field advantage.
So in short, just a Pats fan.

I love football, during the season I watch a ton of games, of course the patriots come first,. I'll watch 4-5 full games each week including the pats game (live) then quite a few condensed using gamepass. This goes on all season, then during the playoffs if we lose then I lose all interest. I'll even only watch a re-run of the superbowl, it hurts that much when we've gone out.. As far as soccer goes I am a Leeds United fan and have no real interest in watching any other teams. NBA just Celtics, MLB just Sox and NHL just Bruins. College football i can watch any game really

Put it this way......everyday I wake up, I put on my Patriots slippers, drink my morning coffee from my patriots mug, and log on to Pats fans.com to see latest discussion on the team. So the Pats come first lol, but I love my Sundays during the NFL season. The NFL is king to me.

Another good question to ask everyone would be where do you rank the Pats on your list of favorite teams?

I would say I was both. I watch a ton of NFL games but the Pats are first and foremost. Before kids, I would spend my entire Sundays morning to night watching football. It didn't matter the teams and how competitive they were, I would still watch.

Gee...that's a tough one...I'll say this...when I was growing up with all my friends we all were Patriot fans...some of my friends, not very many, were Giant fans after the merge. There were no "I'm just a football fan" guys. Not anyone I ever met.

20 years ago, fantasy football made its appearance in our culture. Today ,as anyone can plainly see by reading the posts of certain individuals here, not only are there fans that have no specific TEAM interest, there are now cult like followings of specific player/players. Like, are you a Cleveland Cavs fan or a LeBron fan?...today, it's normal to get, "I'm a LeBron fan...I could care less about the Cavs". Hey, I'm a Celtic fan too....Pierce will always be a Celtic ,AFAIC but he's a Brooklyn Net now. I'm a Celtic team fan...see ya' at the retirement party Paul.

It's generational obviously...and such is life in our ever evolving society. I find it a bit disheartening that team allegiance is being replaced by a much more narcissistic attachment to star players or players with a rep.Why even bother having teams anymore.

Well just to yank your chain a bit .... I was a Larry Bird fan when I was a kid, so player fans aren't a new phenomenon. And I had a huge crush on Bert Jones. But in my family we grew up as (1) Celts, (2) Gators, (3) Packers, (4) Pats. I haven't watched the NBA in years, but every year I watch the Pack and the Pats. Haven't watched the Gators in 2-3 years.

But to answer your question now: Pats fan #1. I've never joined a fan board for the Pack or the Gators.

And I enjoyed your Fredo reference immensely. :rocker:

If New England did not have a football team ever or if Kraft did move them to St. Louis would you still be a football fan? For me yes, the other day I watched a CFL game and enjoyed it. If there is a football game on TV ( CFL, AFL, College, etc) then I will most likley be watching some part of it.

Both. When the Pats sucked I still watched them and found other teams and players to root for while hoping they would one day win. When they suck again, and at some point they will, I'll do the same.

I would definitely say Pats Fan first.

Funny, when the Pats are idle or just not playing on a Sunday, I've found that watching other NFL games is a much different experience.

The main thing -- it sure is a lot more relaxing. It can be fun to watch a game without the Pats-colored-glasses once in a while; gives good perspective on how the game is played and officiated and even analyzed by broadcasters.

Of course I'll always take the rush that comes with watching the Pats and especially savoring this era — first and foremost.

Pretty much the same here, though I do admit to watching the Red Sox whenever they play the Yankees.

Bucky Dent killed the Sox for me. Never again did I waste a summer with those guys.

pats fan first

nfl football fan next

I have no interest in other professional sports.

I've become so Patriot centric that I refuse to watch a Superbowl with a team that beat the Pats.

What ?...there are other professional sports ?

Pats fan first, of course. If given the option of watching only the Pats but no other team or watching the 31 other teams but having to miss some or all Pats games I would of course pick the Pats.

That said, I love watching NFL football (college not so much) so I'm definitely an NFL fan and plan Sunday's around it even if the Pats are on a bye week/have a Monday or Thursday game. the NFL and NHL are the only sports where I'll watch games the Boston teams aren't involved in. I really have no interest in the NBA at all but I'll watch the Celtics in the playoffs and I'll watch the MLB playoffs if I'm home and the Sox are out but with MLB I'm pretty much just a Red Sox only fan.

...let me put it this way, after the loss in the AFCC game :enranged:, I wished the xxxing dome would collapse during the Super Bowl(no harm to any one) ... i guess i got half of my wish after all :D

So, PATS all the way, screw everyone else, i hope every other team in NFL loses every game from now 'til the end of time. ...yeah i know, i have problems

I love football and will watch games even if the Pats aren't in them, but I am an even bigger Patriots fan. I would watch the Pats play the Washington Generals over watching the 85 Bears play the 72 Dolphins.

I am a FOOTBALL fan first, but am loyal to and passionate about the Patriots. I'll watch any NFL match-up just because I love the game. If I lived in another NFL city I'm sure I'd have season tickets; am in my 20th year as a Pats season ticket holder. Grew up a Bears fan and like other teams as well (along with hating a few).

Pats fan first. I haven't missed watching a game in years.

Also love watching any others, I just can't promise you I'll stay awake on a Monday night game between Jax and Cleveland.

Wow. Reading this thread was awesome.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back