PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are you a Patriots fan or a football fan?

CelticPatriot

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
What would you say you are first? Do you watch a lot of football or do you only really care about the Pats? Does your Sunday revovle around watching football in general or just the Patriots?

I'd say I was a Pats fan first, I still watch other football games (and soccer) obviously, but I wouldn't care if I missed them. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch 90 percent of regular season games that the Pats aren't playing in, but still obviously watch the really big games - playoffs, superbowl, opening night

That's easy--- Patriots Fan-don't give a crap about other teams ;)

What would you say you are first? Do you watch a lot of football or do you only really care about the Pats? Does your Sunday revovle around watching football in general or just the Patriots?

I'd say I was a Pats fan first, I still watch other football games (and soccer) obviously, but I wouldn't care if I missed them. I wouldn't go out of my way to watch 90 percent of regular season games that the Pats aren't playing in, but still obviously watch the really big games - playoffs, superbowl, opening night

Ditto. That about sums up what I would have said after reading the thread title. :). EDIT: I do like to watch teams of my friends and family. Especially the JEST, you know, like slowing don't to look at a traffic accident.

Gee...that's a tough one...I'll say this...when I was growing up with all my friends we all were Patriot fans...some of my friends, not very many, were Giant fans after the merge. There were no "I'm just a football fan" guys. Not anyone I ever met.

20 years ago, fantasy football made its appearance in our culture. Today ,as anyone can plainly see by reading the posts of certain individuals here, not only are there fans that have no specific TEAM interest, there are now cult like followings of specific player/players. Like, are you a Cleveland Cavs fan or a LeBron fan?...today, it's normal to get, "I'm a LeBron fan...I could care less about the Cavs". Hey, I'm a Celtic fan too....Pierce will always be a Celtic ,AFAIC but he's a Brooklyn Net now. I'm a Celtic team fan...see ya' at the retirement party Paul.

It's generational obviously...and such is life in our ever evolving society. I find it a bit disheartening that team allegiance is being replaced by a much more narcissistic attachment to star players or players with a rep.Why even bother having teams anymore.

homer.jpg

220px-Homer_British_Museum.jpg

8685f.jpg

so...NOT a Chickleroy Littleton fan, eh?

Patriots fan before all else, but man, that doesn't really say much. I'm in love with all Boston teams, yet I'm a junkie for sports in general. I'm just as entertained by watching a Jaguars game as I am a Patriots game.

Look at it this way: if I (you) could only choose one or the other, which would I (you) pick?

A) Watch the Patriots, but no other NFL games
B) Watch games of all 31 other NFL teams, but not the Pats

The answer is so simple, is this even a question?

A Patriots fan, definitely. If Tom Brady left NE I'd wish him well but still want the Patriots to kick ass every year. I'm rooting for the Patriots all the time not just the players on the roster.

Now I love watching all NFL games but I don't mind missing them. I hate missing Patriots games.

This.

I wear the Patriots Laundry, but I respect the accomplishments of other players. I am also happy to watch some other teams. Saints, Cards especially, and I'll sometimes watch the Cowboys because it was my late sister's favorite team. Doesn't mean I LIKE them, but if it's an interesting matchup, I'll watch.

But New England will always be, as The Sisters of Mercy sing: First And Last And Always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tujsSRhsiMA

Look at it this way: if I (you) could only choose one or the other, which would I (you) pick?

A) Watch the Patriots, but no other NFL games
B) Watch games of all 31 other NFL teams, but not the Pats

The answer is so simple, is this even a question?

A - For my main team Celtic, every day of every week of every year - my life revolves around Celtic, go to every game, home and away, and if for whatever reason I can't go (like this year I will probably miss a game going to London for the IS) I'll obviously watch it on the tv or listen to it on the train/bus/car on the way down. With the Pats it is still A, but I wouldn't go to as much lengths as I would for Celtic. Like if I was driving somewhere during the game (and it's not on radio here) I couldn't do much about it - but I'd check my phone every 2 minutes to keep up to date.

The only real interest I have in other soccer games now is for big ones and for gambling. I can't get interested in a game that's result has no baring on me. That's why fantasy is good as you usually have at least a bit of interest in most games.

pats fan first

nfl football fan next

I have no interest in other professional sports.

pats fan first

nfl football fan next

I have no interest in other professional sports.

Pretty much the same here, though I do admit to watching the Red Sox whenever they play the Yankees.

I wouldn't care one bit if i missed every other NFL game every year if it means i would never miss another pats game in my life.

Hell i think i have only missed 2 games in 10 years

GO PATS

Patriots fan since Grogan took over for Plunkett.

My theory on "football" fans - they don't really exist.

Sure, in broadcasting a fan has to claim neutrality, but deep down he (or she) is a fan of one team.

The other possibility is a fan of a team with no hope after, say, week 3. Say, a Browns fan who declares himself a "football" fan so he can bandwagon jump with a clear conscience. But if the Browns are good he was a fan since the drive.

I wouldn't care one bit if i missed every other NFL game every year if it means i would never miss another pats game in my life.

Hell i think i have only missed 2 games in 10 years

GO PATS

yeah?...and how many games is Brady2Moss gonna see this season?...you MONSTER!!! I KNOW you did him in...you broke my heart Brady_to_Moss....:hat:

tumblr_lozf6kRwPw1qbrxs2o2_500.gif

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back