PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we Spoiled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone here go back before the BB era?

We used to know before the season began that we were not going anywhere. This year we are more than likey going to go 12-4 maybe 13-3 and
its Not good enough. You make the playoffs and you have a shot to go the SB. Seems like we should be happy.
We could be playing better but the Pats are in first and going the playoffs.
Can you image being a Lion,Brown,Viking,Chief fan?

Can I imagine it? Hell yes !!

For 42 years, we lived it!:)

i think every one of us knows we are spoiled but that doesn't stop us from wanting more. Wary the day that Belichik is done.

carolinatony said:
Anyone here go back before the BB era?

We used to know before the season began that we were not going anywhere. This year we are more than likey going to go 12-4 maybe 13-3 and
its Not good enough. You make the playoffs and you have a shot to go the SB. Seems like we should be happy.
We could be playing better but the Pats are in first and going the playoffs.
Can you image being a Lion,Brown,Viking,Chief fan?
Anybody go back? How about back to Fairbanks, and even to Holovak and Saban, hence my login name, duh. :)

And you're right, over certain periods of years, the Dolphins and the Bills, for example, could auto-pencil in two wins a season for the days when they played the Patriots. That used to really piss me off, losing to those guys year after year. And, you know what, the Indianapolis Colts still haven't done anything in their entire lifetime that compares with our 2001, or 2003 or 2004, or even the years we made it to the SB but lost.

It's just after an emotionally charged loss.
All fans react/overreact.
Pats are still 6-2,They've scored the 3rd highest amount of points while giving up the 3rd lowest amount of points in the afc.
Belichick will keep them on the right track:singing:
Hope they don't get an us agianst the world mentality(disrespected attitude):p ;)

Fanfrom1960 said:
Anybody go back? How about back to Fairbanks, and even to Holovak and Saban, hence my login name, duh. :)

And you're right, over certain periods of years, the Dolphins and the Bills, for example, could auto-pencil in two wins a season for the days when they played the Patriots. That used to really piss me off, losing to those guys year after year. And, you know what, the Indianapolis Colts still haven't done anything in their entire lifetime that compares with our 2001, or 2003 or 2004, or even the years we made it to the SB but lost.

One name for you-
ROD RUST:rolleyes:

As long as Kraft is around we should be a stable team. I don't mind(but not happy) if we don't win the SB ever year But don't want to see those 3-13 years... i think these take years off your life...

Sure we're spoiled.

But rightfully so. When you have Brady and Belichick at the helm, you expect great things. We're justified in demanding wins. A duo of that caliber doesn't come around every year. We are in the glory years, gentlemen

We are spoiled but we deserve to be spoiled after the horrible years.

Fanfrom1960 said:

I too go all the way back to the beginning of the franchise. Have seen it all from the worst to first and everything in between.

Spoiled - hardly....appreciative of what we have going for us now - HELL YES!!

Last edited:
carolinatony said:
Are we Spoiled?

Yes we are - except for NEM, although I chalk that up to embalming fluid.

Seriously I began attending games during the Tommy Hodson/Hugh Millen/Scott Secules era - because all the games were blacked out...

So I take umbrage when some fans don't seem to appreciate what we have - (or slam Drew Bledsoe who helped restore credibility)

Try supporting a team during that era, during cold November days, sitting on an Aluminum bench that sucked the heat right out of your *****

Now THAT's what being a fan is all about in my book - it's easy to be a fan when they win 3 SBs and consistently win 11 games a season

we're ridiculously spoiled and the most spoiled are the loudest. some of the posters here make me ashamed to be a Patriots fan right now. these people say that getting to the playoffs isn't enough and find things to complain about in a season the Pats are going to win at least 12 games.

it's sad that i was able to enjoy a 1-15 season more than some people are allowing themselves to enjoy a pretty damn good one.

yeah, i'm frustrated with this board this week.

TomBrady'sGoat said:
we're ridiculously spoiled and the most spoiled are the loudest. some of the posters here make me ashamed to be a Patriots fan right now. these people say that getting to the playoffs isn't enough and find things to complain about in a season the Pats are going to win at least 12 games.

it's sad that i was able to enjoy a 1-15 season more than some people are allowing themselves to enjoy a pretty damn good one.

yeah, i'm frustrated with this board this week.

I'm with you.

I just want to know...is this what it's going to be like here after every loss? Posts criticizing the FO, declaring the next game to be almost a sure loss, talking about Brady not being mentally here? I just want to know so I can plan on being elsewhere for any future losses.

I wonder if the Patriots organization knows that it's 16-0 and Superbowl or utter and complete panic among fans. That's a load of pressure right there.

TomBrady'sGoat said:

You said it TBG. It's all about expectation and perspective.

I don't want to generalize but I will anyway.

I think most fans who have become fans in the past 10 years are spoiled. They have not lived the prior history. They have no concept of what it was like to wonder day after day if our team would be moved. And, I'm not talking about Hartford. I'm talking about the West Coast or down South.

This franchise use to be the laughing stock of the sports community. So, I'm enjoying the hell out of what's been happening. I feel sorry for those who can't.

PATSNUTme said:
I don't want to generalize but I will anyway.

I think most fans who have become fans in the past 10 years are spoiled. They have not lived the prior history. They have no concept of what it was like to wonder day after day if our team would be moved. And, I'm not talking about Hartford. I'm talking about the West Coast or down South.

This franchise use to be the laughing stock of the sports community. So, I'm enjoying the hell out of what's been happening. I feel sorry for those who can't.
West Coast? I guess I missed that one. Where on the West Coast? Jeazus, I could have been a local fan again. But no, it couldn't have been the SF Bay Area, two teams there already. I remember Birmingham, Alabama talk though. :eek:

I go back to the beginning and said that we were spoiled because the team has so far exceeded historical expectations. I remember when we would be very happy for a .500 season and were in heaven if we got to a playoff game that could turn into hell(see the Fairbanks Oiler game) in a heartbeat. I have noticed that those of us who went through the bad times may be spoiled but we are not the complainers for the most part.

Are we spoiled yes to a degree.
Some of us remember the dark days of yesteryear,but should we be satisfied with just the playoffs NO.
Since Busch owned the team and brought in parcells,There has been steady upward growth.
Kraft bought the team and eventually hired Belichick/Pioli and it's been great ever since.
While I appreciate the team,even when they lose,as a fan I can never be satified with 2nd.
If that's allowed it will filter thru the media(or even those of us that have bumped into a player now and then that it's ok to fail)
The atmosphere in foxboro,(is 2nd is just a loser)My opinion-and that's why it works.
Celtics had the same attitude.Worked for them.:)
Appreciate every win(success),enjoy it,move on,to the next challenge.

Fanfrom1960 said:
West Coast? I guess I missed that one. Where on the West Coast? Jeazus, I could have been a local fan again. But no, it couldn't have been the SF Bay Area, two teams there already. I remember Birmingham, Alabama talk though. :eek:

Right, when the Raiders moved to LA. Also, talk about going to St Louis when the Cardnials moved to AZ. I really thought that Orthwine was going to do it but he proved to be a man of his word.

PATSNUTme said:
Right, when the Raiders moved to LA. Also, talk about going to St Louis when the Cardnials moved to AZ. I really thought that Orthwine was going to do it but he proved to be a man of his word.
I give orthwine credit,I think he bought them team with the hope,that he could move us there.(my opinion)
He got some resistance from the league,and a silent majority(owners) as well as his promise he wouldn't leave led to us staying here.
Orthwine gave us parcells(credibility)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey