PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we in for more of the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedogc

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
We all remember last season. 3rd down defense. Rush 3, cause we have no pass rush. Drop 8 into a soft zone. The opposing teams qbs sits in the pocket all day waiting for a WR or TE to find the soft spot in the zone and bamn, 10 yard gain and a 1st down. The Pats defense was last in the NFL on 3rd down defenses, and by a wide margin. 47 percent of the time teams converted 3rd downs on the Pats. I think this was the Pats biggest need this off season. Finding a pass rush, get pressure on the qb. Get the defense off the field and get the ball back in Bradys hands. They did nothing to help that in day 1 of the draft. Passed up on some talented players who many feel would help out. Hopefully we find some gems in day 2.

Stop the run

last year against run oriented team you kept moving vince around to stop the bleeding and overloading on other side to stop the run.

if you cannot stop the run without doing overloading you are screwed.
no pass rusher or cb is going to be effective when you are spending the extra guy to stop the run rather than make a play

I ******* hope not...right now i'm guessing every Jets fan is pretty excited how day 1 turned out.

BB got the guy he wanted in Solder....and picked up ammo for Round 2 along with another first next year.....

Ty Warren back along with new Patriot Marcus Stroud to bolster the run defense.

Leigh Bodden returns to help the pass defense....

BB fills biggest needs first as Light hasn't signed yet and Mankins is possibly gone next year..Neal retired...if you don't protect your franchise, it won't matter how good your defense is....

Expect another OL drafted today....hope for a young RB....

Will Rackley or possibly Ijalana at OG ??

Isnt the time to win now while Tom Brady is still around. The patriots had Cameron Jordan sitting there at 18 and they trade the pick to the saints. Instead of stock piling all these picks we need to use some of them. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD BELICHICK GET A PASS RUSH!

Isnt the time to win now while Tom Brady is still around. The patriots had Cameron Jordan sitting there at 18 and they trade the pick to the saints. Instead of stock piling all these picks we need to use some of them. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD BELICHICK GET A PASS RUSH!

I can understand your frustration and I feel it too but I think BB knows better than all of us what the team needs. Clearly he felt that there was no one who would have bolstered the defence in the 1st round that would have done a better job than some of the people available in the 2nd round. As much as people think Cam Jordan would have been the answer remember that we run a 2 gap system, a DE's job in our system is to occupy blockers on the O-line not penetrate gaps and get sacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes