Not open for further replies.

Tunescribe

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I feel like I've never had to work so hard to enjoy something I love. Friends and relatives from outside New England call/e-mail to needle me thinking they're funny and it's just irritating. I can't watch television, listen to the radio or go online without anti-Patriots spew pissing me off. It's like being under siege. Where normally I'd be basking in wall-to-wall coverage, I find myself limited to snippets here and there from very limited sources.

I've never experienced anything like this. People who never follow football and non-sports mainstream media EVERYWHERE are piling on the hate. :mad: But most of all, I cannot forgive our own local sports media for failing to bring sanity and level-headed logic to the discussion (Matt Chatham and a couple others excepted).

All I can say is thank God for this place. A win Sunday will go a long way to righting two weeks of wrongs.

I'm having a better time now that Ian made the Deflate crap a separate forum. I spent more time ignoring threads than reading anything before that.

I just want this game to happen. Win or Lose - I don't care - just happen already

Yeah, this is basically the only place I come to read about or discuss the SB or the Pats.

It's even worse for me, living in NYC and surrounded by Giants and Jets fans and have to face the tabloids every morning. I've been invited to a Super Bowl party in Manhattan on Sunday with some people I really like (and great food!), but I've declined for some made-up reason because I know I won't be able to watch the game with a bunch of otherwise nice people who will be hooting for the Pats to lose and shouting "cheaters" or "betcha wished the ball were deflated" every time Brady throws an incomplete pass.

I know I should be stronger than that...

So much better right now than I was before BB's Saturday press conference, and Kraft's comments cinched it. Ready to roll. Going to be an epic game.

Yeah, this is basically the only place I come to read about or discuss the SB or the Pats.

It's even worse for me, living in NYC and surrounded by Giants and Jets fans and have to face the tabloids every morning. I've been invited to a Super Bowl party in Manhattan on Sunday with some people I really like (and great food!), but I've declined for some made-up reason because I know I won't be able to watch the game with a bunch of otherwise nice people who will be hooting for the Pats to lose and shouting "cheaters" or "betcha wished the ball were deflated" every time Brady throws an incomplete pass.

I know I should be stronger than that...
No, the way you feel is completely reasonable. It would be like attending a concert by your favorite band and having everyone around you booing and yelling "That song sucks!"

Apparently using PEDs is not "cheating" (despite it being grounds for suspension), since we don't hear a peep about that in regards to Seattle. SMH.

Its the hate and general bull sht has gotten so over the top its become so comical, it can no longer be taken seriously. I no longer listen to it or worry about it. Ive reached a place of peace and serenity and accepted that all while be right by kicking the living **** out of seattle.

OOMMM
c67a3e953ebce6bcff700f171b2082da.jpg

Last edited:
If the price of winning more than any other team's fans will ever experience in their stupid lifetimes then I can deal with the needling. You can either ignore it, let it drive you crazy or embrace it.

I do the latter and it tends to throw people off their game. "We cheat better than you." is not what they're expecting even if I don't believe Spygate was cheating, etc.

I'm having a blast now that we're closer to the game and I've found the right combination of radio listening to get the most preferable results:

Avoid TV altogether
Morning drive in = whichever radio show has an interview, otherwise listen to music
Mid-day show = Gresh and Zo, they're doing football talk now
Drive Home = Dale and Holley 100%. They've been the most fair and balanced about this, and are having fun with it now while still talking about the game.

I feel like I've never had to work so hard to enjoy something I love. Friends and relatives from outside New England call/e-mail to needle me thinking they're funny and it's just irritating. I can't watch television, listen to the radio or go online without anti-Patriots spew pissing me off. It's like being under siege. Where normally I'd be basking in wall-to-wall coverage, I find myself limited to snippets here and there from very limited sources.

I've never experienced anything like this. People who never follow football and non-sports mainstream media EVERYWHERE are piling on the hate. :mad: But most of all, I cannot forgive our own local sports media for failing to bring sanity and level-headed logic to the discussion (Matt Chatham and a couple others excepted).

All I can say is thank God for this place. A win Sunday will go a long way to righting two weeks of wrongs.

Ice up, son.

This all part of what you signed up for when you decided to be a fan of a Bill Belichick led team.

Personally, I enjoy seeing these lunatics get all worked up.

Really tough. Glad to be out of the country and commiserations with those who are having to put up with it. But, yes, this place has been a godsend in the insanity.

We're gonna invade so there have to be Weapons of Mass Deflation, whether we've got proof or not ...

Sheesh!

Luckily for me I've been working from home all week which has allowed me to stay completely off of sports radio. Last week listening to it just kept amping me up.

Monday is either going to be an all day orgasm telling everybody to GFY or it's going to be a few weeks of avoiding any and all coverage for sanity sake.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/100145/seahawks-lead-in-ped-bans-under-carroll
The Seattle Seahawks lead the NFL in suspensions for performance-enhancing drugs since Pete Carroll became coach in 2010, research by ESPN Stats & Information shows.

Defensive end Bruce Irvin's four-game suspension, announced Friday, was the fifth during that span, according to research ESPN's Steve Martinez conducted using STATS PASS.

The total does not include the 2012 suspension implicating cornerback Richard Sherman, who overturned a four-game ban on appeal. The botched handling of a leaky collection cup proved critical to the successful appeal.

Tied for second are the Giants and Broncos.

Winners take shortcuts and losers cry about winners taking short cuts. The way it is.

Ice up, son.

This all part of what you signed up for when you decided to be a fan of a Bill Belichick led team.

Personally, I enjoy seeing these lunatics get all worked up.

I both agree and disagree with this. Agree because it's true and disagree because this went about as over the top as anything in life has ever gone. Nobody could or should have expected this.

But as to the lunatics part, that's where I am now. I have been in LOL mode since the ball boy in the bathroom story broke. I just can't be serious about it anymore.

You need to rise above, sounds corny, but its true. I've said this several times, but its like dealing with a creationist co-worker, or someone that denies evolution. You can argue until you literally die, and you will never convince them. Let them have their ill informed opinions and absurdest science, and just accept that some people are wrong, and will continue to be wrong no matter what you do.

The scary part is that at some point in life, you're going to be the guy that's wrong, and by not jamming everything down people's throats, hopefully others will treat you the same way.

I can honestly say my enthusiasm is somewhat diminished. I know one component is we have a town where you can't retreat to find respite listening to local as opposed to national media. It's reverse. It bothers me. I'll leave it at that.

Also...Win or Lose....this whole situation will be carried with us for the the foreseeable future. What other fan base has to endure that?

Every ounce of me that believes that our current "scandal" as well as 2007 were nothing but witch hunts based upon an internal NFL power struggle and personal vendettas by other NFL entities and media.

Will a solid victory this weekend help in changing things? Somewhat. I think it will help people like Brady and Belichick salvage pieces of their legacies...but the franchise is now perpetually damaged.

My greatest wish is some measure of Karma imposes itself on the petty asses who I believe are at the root of this stupidity.

I'm having a better time now that Ian made the Deflate crap a separate forum. I spent more time ignoring threads than reading anything before that.

I just want this game to happen. Win or Lose - I don't care - just happen already

Agreed. I was getting ready to leave the forum altogether until the game because I was ignoring more threads than I was participating in.

Personally I get a lot of fun out of embracing the hate. Some hater trying to give you crap about the Patriots cheating? Tell them they only know about the stuff we've been caught for. Embellish it. Tell them we're gonna deceive and cheat our way to a 4th ring. This will really get their blood boiling.

In the world today all the successful people / organizations have haters. The more haters you have, the better you're doing. Embrace the hate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes