Are we going to sign anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrTibbs

In the Starting Line-Up
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know the Patriots like to wait for the dust to settle but CMON! Are we going to sign anyone worth some value? Hey are we even going to resign some of our own guys!?!?! What the hell!

It'll be OK. Although our WR options are running out quickly.

Well they can't keep trying to low ball players. I wonder if they are trying to get by on the notion everyone wants to play for the Patriots for just spare change. They seem to forgot that they didn't win the Super Bowl last year.

MrTibbs said:
They seem to forgot that they didn't win the Super Bowl last year.
What ? The Patriots aren't the champions anymore ?

:bricks:

It really seems that people just want to be entertained, come hell or high water. That seems to be the basic premise of all of these posts.

Pats67 said:
It really seems that people just want to be entertained, come hell or high water. That seems to be the basic premise of all of these posts.

Couldnt agree more. Whats with the call for signing random big name people? People now want TO, Jamal Lewis, and Arrington. Does not winning the super bowl one year change how this team gets built in the future? Have we learnt nothing?

Pats67 said:
It's better than posting nothing . . . we're just waiting for something to happen.

We all been around long enough to know they dont go big name but what I'm wondering is that we haven't even resigned any of our valued free agents (Mcginest Vinatieri) and have guys like Tyrone Poole still hanging around. I mean that has to have you scratching your head.

MrTibbs said:
I know the Patriots like to wait for the dust to settle but CMON! Are we going to sign anyone worth some value? Hey are we even going to resign some of our own guys!?!?! What the hell!

Here's a relaxation exercise that's been working for me: go through all of the FA contracts signed to date, and ask yourself which contracts you wish the Patriots had signed.

So far Andre Davis and Christian Fauria have left for other teams. So far a handful of teams have been making early splashes in the FA market. So far I'm not worried.

BelichickFan said:
It's better than posting nothing . . . we're just waiting for something to happen.
Yeah, I'm here posting too. I get you.

I guess I get just a bit confused as to how the fans can get so frustrated after only a couple of days, when in the past, the team hasn't rushed out and gotten involved in the initial FA period anyway. So I can't understand how the expectation could be there that they'd do it now. Plus, the draft is still a month and a half away, and that has to be factored in to how the team will be constructed next year and in the future. Point is, I guess, that you can't be too judgemental at this point. I understand the desire to know, but somehow that needs to be reconciled with the team's track record and their typical reluctance to discuss these matters in public.

MrTibbs said:
We all been around long enough to know they dont go big name but what I'm wondering is that we haven't even resigned any of our valued free agents (Mcginest Vinatieri) and have guys like Tyrone Poole still hanging around. I mean that has to have you scratching your head.
As far as Poole, we really don't know what their opinion is of the player, and what their plan is for him going forward. I know what people here think of Poole, but I don't see how that's relevent to what the team thinks or ultimately does. This board would have cut Poole a year (or longer) ago, yet there he still sits. That would tell me that the team views the situation somewhat differently than the average fan.

I think as far as Adam and Willie go, it seems that they have probably established a number they'd be willing to pay, and those numbers were probably unacceptable to those players, at least without them testing out their options elsewhere. I'd guess that because of their longstanding relationship with each player, there is some arrangement by which the Pats will have a final shot to match. If that's the case, its likely nothing is going to happen quickly.

Attention!

All of you doing the 'pee-pee' dance...CALM DOWN! Have some faith people! Who would you prefer making the decision as to when and if to jump into the FA pool or re-sign your own or hope to draft a top quality talent to play and groom for years to come? Do any of you know more about what's best all around for the NE Patriots than BB and SP? The good far exceeds the bad with these two if you ask anyone in the business.

At this rate they won't even have 53 players on the roster come September. :(

:D These smilies suck! I can't tell if Beaker's mad or sad!

The 'My 2000th Post!' thread looks interesting.

patchick said:
Here's a relaxation exercise that's been working for me: go through all of the FA contracts signed to date, and ask yourself which contracts you wish the Patriots had signed.

So far Andre Davis and Christian Fauria have left for other teams. So far a handful of teams have been making early splashes in the FA market. So far I'm not worried.

Good one. Another is to go to NFL.com and check out the free agency page. It lists team by team, what is happening. You will find its all the usual suspects dropping big dough in the early FA market to try to hype their team and sell tickets. And air time on the NFL network.

Beaker said:
The 'My 2000th Post!' thread looks interesting.
I'll grant you, the thread title is pretty good, but once you get into it, it turns out to ACTUALLY be about someone's 2000th post.

What is up with all of the Chicken Little, "the sky is falling" types?? Enough already!

We go thru this every year people...if we still have holes to fill in Sept. then we'd start worrying...we have a long way to 'til Sept. and we are just in Phase 1 = FA of the offseason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back