PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we entering the toughest 4-game stretch of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Brady struggles when playing in Denver and in Miami. Plus, Baltimore always play us tough in Foxborough.

The Jets, though their record is poor, always seem to play us close, and will do everything in their power to hurt our playoff standings.

These next four games - much like the first four of the season - will tell us everything we need to know about this team going forward

GO PATS!!

Last edited:
The toughest seven game stretch!

giphy.gif

Without a doubt.

Baltimore, @Denver, Jets, @ Miami

I hate Monday night games now and @ Denver is no easy task. No conspiracy though. Just football.

Its great test for us mentally and physically. I'm pumped. These games will show a lot. Tough, physical, cold weather games are what it takes to get to the SB.

Raiders @ KC just became the game of the year. We're obviously rooting for KC but that team is absolutely loaded and found the groove. And Oakland is really a player or two away from being a true monster. I hope both continue their success in the off season after we kick them in their teeth. The league is better when their relevant and in the playoffs imo.

(How great would Berry and McCourty be with Butler btw?)

Thursday night games have traditionally been awful but this one is huge. I really liked Atlanta today but KC obviously is legit. Legit as it gets this year at least. Beating @Denver and @Atlanta is very impressive. Especially after Denver had a bye week to prepare.

I'm sure Raider fans are saying the same thing fwiw

@KC-@SD-Colts-@Denver

Yes. Both for the Patriots and these particular forums. We'll find out if the "homers" or the "fellowship of the miserable" (patent pending Rick Pitino) are "right" in regards to the trajectory of this particular Patriots edition.

Yes we are entering the tough part of the schedule. Start this out with a win against Ravens then we are playing downhill.
Either way consider:
1) Winning only the remaining Miami game wins the division and a gurantee of one home game. But we'll probably clinch the division before then. I believe a win next week against the Ravens coupled with a Miami loss to AZ clinches the division (common opponents?).
2) Then defeating Denver (a very winnable game IMHO) almost virtually assures us a Bye. (fyi, a bye is the stat most correlated to SB - not HFA).

So it may be 4 tougher games left but we have modest abd very doable goals to first win the division then gain that critical Bye. OTOH full HFA may require us to go 4 out of 4. The Raiders have @KC, @Den, @SD out of their 4 remaining. While if the Raiders run the table they've earned it -- and I'd certainly love HFA for us -- getting the bye is the more crucial item than the full HFA. It is this that I'm counting on with HFA the gravy.

Yes we are entering the tough part of the schedule. Start this out with a win against Ravens then we are playing downhill.
Either way consider:
1) Winning only the remaining Miami game wins the division and a gurantee of one home game. But we'll probably clinch the division before then. I believe a win next week against the Ravens coupled with a Miami loss to AZ clinches the division (common opponents?).
2) Then defeating Denver (a very winnable game IMHO) almost virtually assures us a Bye. (fyi, a bye is the stat most correlated to SB - not HFA).

So it may be 4 tougher games left but we have modest abd very doable goals to first win the division then gain that critical Bye. OTOH full HFA may require us to go 4 out of 4. The Raiders have @KC, @Den, @SD out of their 4 remaining. While if the Raiders run the table they've earned it -- and I'd certainly love HFA for us -- getting the bye is the more crucial item than the full HFA. It is this that I'm counting on with HFA the gravy.

BB gambled to get the bye over HFA last season against Miami...ultimately costing us the season. I'd definitely prefer HFA throughout.

Brady struggles when playing in Denver and in Miami. Plus, Baltimore always play us tough in Foxborough.

The Jets, though their record is poor, always seem to play us close, and will do everything in their power to hurt our playoff standings.

These next four games - much like the first four of the season - will tell us everything we need to know about this team going forward

GO PATS!!
Believe it or not the Baltimore game is the most important. If we win we are just about assured the number 2 seed. If we lose and the Ravens got hot enough, we could end up 3 seed.

in 2001 we only got the 2 seed because we WON our last three games, and Oakland LOST their last three from 10-3 to 10-6..

2nd toughest with the toughest being the stretch without the GOAT by default.

The Pats are playing 3 games in 12 days! That is a tall order for any team! They have a 6 day rest between Baltimore and Denver, and then with Christmas falling on a Sunday, they have moved almost all of the Sunday games to Saturday, so they have the Jets six days.

Of course we travel to Denver the week after a MNF game. I don't think there's a conspiracy or anything, but that's an area where the schedule makers were not on our side.

Making it worse is that the Baltimore game will probably be pretty physical. I'll be thrilled if we can get through both games without any significant injuries.

Of course we travel to Denver the week after a MNF game. I don't think there's a conspiracy or anything, but that's an area where the schedule makers were not on our side.

Making it worse is that the Baltimore game will probably be pretty physical. I'll be thrilled if we can get through both games without any significant injuries.
winning the Baltimore game increases our odds of being healthy for the playoffs.. Even though we will still be trying for the HFA 1 Seed, we will have the division and 2 Seed essentially locked up if we beat them next week. If the Dolphins lose to AZ and we win the 2 Seed is locked up with three games left.

The teams that win tough games, home and away, in December, are usually teams that win Playoff games, home or away, in January. The others...not so much.

Seattle had to travel to New England after a MNF game, and they managed to win.

They'll be fortunate to finish 2-2 with the #2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back