PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we due for a back to back loss??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
I am really concerned about this game, the hangover from the colts game and the way the jets played us in week 2. I know Brady does not throw up back to back stinkers, but you have to be concerned.. If I was a gambling man , which Im not, I take the points...

There is no such thing as being due. It all comes down to executing a gameplan. If that is done with minimal to no mistakes, we win. The same applied to last week.

I don't get the logic here. They haven't lost back to back games for a couple years I believe.

But now a loss comes, and it means that they are going to lose two in a row?

Doesn't seem to add up. And I think they've shored up the problems that they ran into against the Jets.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
I am really concerned about this game, the hangover from the colts game and the way the jets played us in week 2. I know Brady does not throw up back to back stinkers, but you have to be concerned.. If I was a gambling man , which Im not, I take the points...
I never think of the Pats having a hangover from a loss. They just aren't ones to mope around. They never get too high after a win or too low after a loss. Besides, we're talking the Jets. If we came within 7 points of the COlts with FIVE turnovers, we should absolutely demolish the Jests.

Count me among those who are nervous. Harrison out, Mangini knowing how awful the Pats defense can be without Harrison, Jets coming off a bye-week having plenty of time to study the Pats, Pats inconsistent offense...

Hope I am wrong and Brady/coaching staff bounce back with a vengence.

BradyisGod said:
I don't get the logic here. They haven't lost back to back games for a couple years I believe.

But now a loss comes, and it means that they are going to lose two in a row?

Doesn't seem to add up. And I think they've shored up the problems that they ran into against the Jets.

I would not care say if it was the texans, bills or lions, but the Jets have our old coach, and they did play us pretty tough in week 2 . So yes Im concerned, but I would not think the Pats would let the home crowd down 2 weeks in a row..

The jets just lost to the Browns, give me a break.

Sean Pa Patriot said:
and they did play us pretty tough in week 2.
Not really. 17-0 at halftime and a bunch of nutty freak plays in the second half got them back into it.

BBL? I'm due for a raise too but ain't going to happen soon.

A loss to the jets could end up being a 2 to 4 game losing streak.

Don't think so, but I've been wrong many times.

I am VERY nervous about this game, eventually all teams lose back-to-back games :(
I think I'll avoid the early games with their constant score updates this Sunday and just find out the final score later in the day.

I am here to tell you not to have any fear of the Jets what so ever. I watched their last game against the Browns and they did not score and offensive TD. They will be our punching bag come Sunday. Pats by 14+.

i never ever understood this stupid "due" talk that comes up. I think its in the same league as the "well you gotta lose sometime, might as well lose before the playoffs". No you are never due to get anything and you dont have to lose. Just go out there execute, kick some jets ass, get the crowd in the game and have fun.

As long as McDumbass remembers that we have one of the best running games in football we should be fine.

I am not at all concerned. The Jets are pretty bad. I seem to remember the Pats going up 24-0 and putting cruise control on. once the Jets got within 1 score the Pats took cruise off and ended the game with an 8 minute drive or whatever it was.

Besides that, i think it is dumb to take a stat like "the patriots haven't lost back to back games since '02" which demonstartes that the team knows how to refocus, doesn't have consecutive letdown games, or whatever the hell it means and try to use that as a reason why they'll go out and do the opposite.

If anything, the loss last week makes them less likely to lose to a Jets team that they were likely to beat in the first place.

Anything can happen this sunday. It would't surprise me tos ee the Jets play the Patriots close and it would'nt surprise me to see the Patriots lose as well. It has to happen sooner or later.

First i want to say thanks for writing this thread. I been thinking about this for a few days now, and thats why iam concerned about this up coming game. I was thinking ewxactly what you posted. Its not so much how the jets played against us, but how they been competitive in most of there games this season, and the way they almost beat the colts. I would like to see the pats blow them out, but the " two in arow" thing is in the back of my mind.

desi-patsfan said:
i never ever understood this stupid "due" talk that comes up. I think its in the same league as the "well you gotta lose sometime, might as well lose before the playoffs". No you are never due to get anything and you dont have to lose. Just go out there execute, kick some jets ass, get the crowd in the game and have fun.
Desi, I agree, this is what should happen. We have the jets Sunday, let's take out some emotion on these boys...

NYCPatsFan said:
Count me among those who are nervous. Harrison out, Mangini knowing how awful the Pats defense can be without Harrison, Jets coming off a bye-week having plenty of time to study the Pats, Pats inconsistent offense...

Hope I am wrong and Brady/coaching staff bounce back with a vengence.

The Pats D is not horrible without Harrison! People take a simplistic view about the defensive woes from a year ago.

Due? Well I reckon maybe they is, but I'm athinkin' that bill is a couple more years ahead of the team.

honestly i do not see any reason why we should loose against the Jets; still this is a very important game that we really must win

1st target is absolutely gain the Afc East

then...we see...

so...i do not think we will have a back to back loss next sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey