PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we done as a serious contender?Yes or no

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krugman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Pats played a tough game against a worthy opponent,but we are now tied for a 3-way in the AFC east,do you think we can can compete with the best teams in this league?

We will find out next week..if they win then yes..if not..then hell no

Not even close. They might just sneak into the playoffs, but with how the offense played against MIA and SD and how the defense played against the Jets, Cowboys, and Giants, the potential is most definitely there.

The Bengals and Texans are the #1 and #2 seed in the AFC, respectively, right now.

If you honestly feel the Patriots can't even "compete" with them I don't know what to tell you. Not to mention all three of our losses (to three good teams), were by one score, thus proving we can "compete" with anyone.

Yes, we are done. The pass defense simply is not good enough to win it all.

its 2009 all over again, we may squeak out a division win, but this team is not good... and brady can only carry this team so far... 10-6 maybee 11-5...

Pats played a tough game against a worthy opponent,but we are now tied for a 3-way in the AFC east,do you think we can can compete with the best teams in this league?
For the playoffs yes, but one and done. Its become a trend.

The Bengals and Texans are the #1 and #2 seed in the AFC, respectively, right now.

If you honestly feel the Patriots can't even "compete" with them I don't know what to tell you. Not to mention all three of our losses (to three good teams), were by one score, thus proving we can "compete" with anyone.

2009 all over again, and tom brady has 10 ints... he is on pace for a carrer high for ints....

At this point, I'd say yes. But that's only right now. Pats could be 10-3 in 5 weeks and my outlook might be totally different.:)

But as of right now, I'd say Pats aren't capable of seriously contending. Too many concerns.

The patriots are the most untalented contender in nfl history.

Only delusional patriot fans believed the pats could win a superbowl these last 2 seasons..

Outside of chad (no where to be found) johnson and alber (i can't play every snap) hayeneworth, how has the patriots improved?

Last edited:
Yes...... Our Defense S&CKS, our run games non exhistent and we have no legit outside recievers.
God I feel sorry for Welker that poor little Pinyata I hope his stuffing can hold up.

There's a good chance we'll limp (or back) into the playoffs this year. One and done though. What should be of real concern is the problems on this team are so numerous, it would be very difficult to make a lot of headway solving them in one off season.

Glaring needs: S, CB, DE, WR, OLB.

Even if we get in the playoffs, one and done. That's why I mainly watch the games now just hoping it will be the week of an offensive explosion. In effect, I've become a Colts fan. Don't expect any championships or even AFC conference game appearances anytime in the near future.

Yes.
We need lots of changes this off season.

If our Offense doesn't get on track then yes we are done.

In a word, yes. It doesn't even matter if we won today, a win would have just masked the problems. The season just reminds me of 2009 and you can bet Bill's as frustrated as us.

I have no confidence in the defence to make a stop when the team really needs it and that is what you need in the post season, not to mention the fact that the offence is regressing.

in todays fickle nfl, of course not.

next week will be key, as it has shaped up to be a must win for a chance to win the division. if the patriots lose, however, they still have a shot at a wildcard or better with a slate of games against some weak competition.

For what it is worth, I had this game as a loss. My only other loss will be against the Eagles.
So I am still alive. My losses were against Charges, Cowboys, Giants Eagles.
Thought we were going to struggle against the NFC teams.

In a word, yes. It doesn't even matter if we won today, a win would have just masked the problems. The season just reminds me of 2009 and you can bet Bill's as frustrated as us.

I have no confidence in the defence to make a stop when the team really needs it and that is what you need in the post season, not to mention the fact that the offence is regressing.

What he said and dump OCHO!

I think these floundering drafts of the past 5+ years have finally taken their toll, like they would with any franchise. There is a reason so much emphasis is put on the NFL draft - you build your team there and the wiffs this franchise has experienced is outrageous. The Ace in the Hole is still there and capable of overcoming a lot(Brady), but is past his prime(yet still great) and not sure he has the same oomph that he had as a young kid trying to prove himself. He needs more talent around him. Are they capable of beating bad NFL teams consistently during the regular season and beating a couple good ones by playing mistake free/disciplined football and the magic of TB? Sure. But as we've seen, throw a few mistakes/turnovers out there, and they're not talented enough to overcome, nor can they just go out there and outwill you.

The season started out with the NFL trying to figure out the two TE sets/Welker running free. The adjustments have been made. Defense has picked up some slack, but not sure there is enough there to offset.

Not feeling great about next week - peaking team and flacid team going into that one. I hate to make impulse reactions, but this feels like descension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes