PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we bringing anyone back from injury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

willard

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Believe I read this is the final week to activate Jackson or Vollmer off pup. Have not heard anything so guessing not.

We also have not brought back a player from IR. Not as sure about the rules there. Think it must be a time after being placed on IR. Scruggs the TE is out there and Brissett too. If he is able to I would like to see Brissett come back. I know he will occupy a roster space, but practice time is important for him and may be worth the space.

As far as I know, you can bring 1 player back from IR after they've been on it for 6 or more weeks.

However, there is a time frame for guys on PUP, as you mention, which would apply for Vollmer and Jackson.

Right now I'm hoping it's Freeney because covering RBs out of the backfield is their biggest issue imo and he has more skills for that than McClellin, Ninkovich, and Van Noy.

Makes sense. Patriots gave him the contract so they like him.

Checked and it is 8 weeks until an IR player can come back. Assuming it can be any time after that so long as it is withing the regular season Are IR players designated to come back also given the ability practice like PUP players for a few weeks, but not count against the 53?

Right now I'm hoping it's Freeney because covering RBs out of the backfield is their biggest issue imo and he has more skills for that than McClellin, Ninkovich, and Van Noy.
I completely forgot about Freeney. Wow, yes absolutely.

Yikes getting Freeney back in the lineup might be marginally better than what we'got out there - but I'm on board giving Elandan Roberts or mayyybe even McLellin some more opportunities and seeing if they can do better.

So Brissett is the one coming back. Pretty sweet for the patriots-he can practice for 21 days and then they have the choice of whether to make room on the 53 or let him revert to IR. Great he is getting practice in which is so important for him. Missed first years are awfully hard to come back from. Liked what I saw from him-tough kid.

A few weeks ago:

Thanks

That sucks, he could have helped with the RB issues. A cover LB is definitely going to be an offseason priority imo.

He wouldn't be the answer even if he was healthy, IMO. If Jonathan Freeny is the solution to your problem, you haven't solved your problem.

Well have to disagree in that, he was really their only option for addressing that need at this point, unless they know of a practice squad player somewhere they can sign.

He wouldn't be the answer even if he was healthy, IMO. If Jonathan Freeny is the solution to your problem, you haven't solved your problem.

Another one of BB's inscrutable WTF player extensions

Well have to disagree in that, he was really their only option for addressing that need at this point, unless they know of a practice squad player somewhere they can sign.
Fully acknowledging that I clearly know absolutely nothing about evaluating NFL talent, nonetheless, and after giving this matter careful deliberation, it is my considered opinion that a well constructed lawn chair represents a more effective obstacle to opponents' rushing games than does Freeny. I could be wrong of course.

Last edited:
Fully acknowledging that I clearly know absolutely nothing about evaluating NFL talent, nonetheless, and after giving this matter careful deliberation, it is my considered opinion that a well constructed lawn chair represents a more effective obstacle to opponents' rushing games than does Freeney. I could be wrong of course.
Of course, following the Cannon example in a few years we'll be celebrating yet another extension for him and saying thank God we locked up Jonathan Freeney...

Of course, following the Cannon example in a few years we'll be celebrating yet another extension for him and saying thank God we locked up Jonathan Freeney...
Unless, of course, it turns out more like Keshawn Martin... <<filing in the time capsule>>

I've heard that brisket might be activated.

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back