PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are we all set at DE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsinthesnow

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Jones, Ninkovich, and Sheard are all under team control through 2016. If Jones can finally step up his game to elite play, this group will be one of the best in the league. Even if he doesn't it features 3 starting caliber players.

We also already have two developmental players in Buchanan/Moore to compete for the 4th spot. Don't forget practice player of the year Bequette :D.

So, the last 48 hours for draft needs:

+ CB
- DE

Agreed?

I feel like we are, time to focus on DT, or possibly trading for a good corner that can play man, hopefully both.

Jones, Ninkovich, and Sheard are all under team control through 2016. If Jones can finally step up his game to elite play, this group will be one of the best in the league. Even if he doesn't it features 3 starting caliber players.

We also already have two developmental players in Buchanan/Moore to compete for the 4th spot. Don't forget practice player of the year Bequette :D.

So, the last 48 hours for draft needs:

+ CB
- DE

Agreed?

That depends upon how they see Buchanon and Moore? If they don't think they will produce it becomes more of a need but right now I would shore up DT and try to bring in either Tramon Williamsn or Cullover at CB.

DT, CB, RB are the biggest priorities by far.

Next, i would put guard.

Then backup TE, WR

I don't know about "all set", but the only positions on the team that still need starter-quality players are DT, CB, and 3rd down RB. Maybe OG? I can't remember Connolly's status, someone can fill me in.

All other groups (including DE) have starters and some depth. There are plenty of opportunities to improve on them, but we're at least in the position where our starting players are good.

DE/OLB/Edge whatever you want to call it is now low priority.

DT, G, CB all need to be address much more right now.

Yes, we're all set. All we need now is a name WR who might improve my fantasy football stats.

Yes. Don't forget, Easley played there as a rookie when Jones was out, and fared well enough. So there is an extra layer of depth.

They need to address the dt position. Still have a hole there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back