PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are this message board's posters better than the scouts? Jace Amaro

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Because all offseason, many of us on here were critical of Jace Amaro for a lot of drops and for looking relatively uncoordinated out there.

In college, Amaro played in the defense averse B12, and he showed a lot of straight-line speed.

You saw last night why his game doesn't translate well to the NFL. I do know he had a huge game last week, and that's good for any 2nd round pick, BUT this kid drops easy balls. Doesn't not have good hand-eye coordination. And is often running around discombobulated.

Many of us were frankly stunned that he was considered a first-round pick by some.

I didn't want him in the second round.

After watching him last night, I think the college tape doesn't lie. He is mediocre at best.

To be fair to Amaro, he's doing by far the best of the big four TEs so far, the other three have eleven catches between them whilst Amaro has 27.

For me it was always about Amaro being a very linear athlete that had me down on him rather than poor hands.

To be fair to Amaro, he's doing by far the best of the big four TEs so far, the other three have eleven catches between them whilst Amaro has 27.

For me it was always about Amaro being a very linear athlete that had me down on him rather than poor hands.

Amaro ' s a decent player, but nothing that makes me think he'll be special. I thought that people overrated the 2014 TE class terribly.

Big 12 stats should be taken with a grain of salt. Doesn't mean there aren't good players out of that league. Just have to give them a second look.

Though we are amateurs, we are dedicated fans who probably watch just as much football as some professional scouts out there. I don't want to sound too ****y, but as a collective board I think we could've definitely did better(at least 1 game) than the coaching staff of the Lions that had the honors of being the only team to go 0-16.

I thought amaro would work nicely in our offense as the move te.

I was not willing to spend a first rounder on him, but at this point he is clearly a better player than Easley.

Down the road, who can tell which will be better. But if Easley does not get off his roller skates, he wind up giving the victory to amaro by default.

bearing in mind that Hightower is one of the top three players on our defense this year, unless you're giving a draftee three years in the system, you're not giving him a fair crack of the whip. I am sure Easley will be fine and I doubt he was drafted for his proficiencies against the run.

bearing in mind that Hightower is one of the top three players on our defense this year, unless you're giving a draftee three years in the system, you're not giving him a fair crack of the whip. I am sure Easley will be fine and I doubt he was drafted for his proficiencies against the run.
Very true. In two years we can review easley's status. If he is able to shoot the gaps vs. Denver then all is well with his drafting.

Through seven weeks (except Fiedorowicz tonight), all the rookie TEs in the NFL have combined for under 600 yards. That's the 10th overall pick, three 2nds, and three 3rds combining to be about as productive as Dez Bryant alone so far.

Now there have been a number of injury issues for many guys and tight end is a quite complicated position to learn, but still...that's bad. Amaro, of course, is leading the pack and has looked awful doing it.

Another interesting week for these rookie tight ends. The 158 yards were an improvement, with the caveat that 4/5 of Amaro's catches on the final garbage time drive and that ASJ lost the game-ending fumble (but had a nice TD earlier). Richard Rodgers' ability to catch but not block fit well with the Packers playing catch-up late in the game.

Has amaro really looked bad because he sucks or because is he is playing with the worst qb in the nfl on the worst coached team in he NFL?

I would've taken Amaro in the mid-2nd round after a couple of trade-downs, i.e. the ones that
Seattle & Buffalo did, and receive an extra 4th & 5th.

I would've taken Amaro in the mid-2nd round after a couple of trade-downs, i.e. the ones that
Seattle & Buffalo did, and receive an extra 4th & 5th.

Personally, I would have barfed if we'd passed on Easley and done that.

To each his own.

What exactly has Easley done to cause you ill at his loss?

If I had to keep the 1st-rounder, then I would've used it on either Joel Bitonio or Kony Ealy.
And I'm still not buying Seattle drafting Easley with their 1st-rounder; 2nd-rounder sounds more plausible, which is what Bill should've done.

What exactly has Easley done to cause you ill at his loss?

If I had to keep the 1st-rounder, then I would've used it on either Joel Bitonio or Kony Ealy.
And I'm still not buying Seattle drafting Easley with their 1st-rounder; 2nd-rounder sounds more plausible, which is what Bill should've done.

Since when do we draft players based on what they do over the first 8 games? Easley was the #2 rated player on my draft board after Aaron Donald, and I and him rated way higher than any of the guys you mentioned. I pretty wanted either a trade up for Donald (very unlikely) or Easley at all costs. I have no reason to believe that he won't turn into the player I envisioned.

And what do you envision Easley will become as a player?

And what do you envision Easley will become as a player?

I think Easley will become a BB favorite and a player that he values very highly, probably more so than many on this board. I think that given his injuries and lack of preseason time that he's shown some nice progress, and I think that it is telling that BB has already trusted him enough to use him all across the defensive line, form the 0/1 technique out. BB has lauded Easley's work ethic and intelligence, and Easley has shown rapid improvement in his play recognition and edge setting skills. I think that his impact may not always show up in the stat sheet, and he may not be used exclusively as a penetrating 3-tech racking up sack numbers the way Geno Atkins is, but I think he has shown plenty of promise so far of becoming the player I expected: a disruptive playmaker who can line up in any gap and create mismatches.

Since when do we draft players based on what they do over the first 8 games? Easley was the #2 rated player on my draft board after Aaron Donald, and I and him rated way higher than any of the guys you mentioned. I pretty wanted either a trade up for Donald (very unlikely) or Easley at all costs. I have no reason to believe that he won't turn into the player I envisioned.
He complains about everything and how he could do much better. One of those fans that uses any meaningless stat to prove himself right. Just don't feed the troll

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back