PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are they patriots done in FA now with Ocho and Albert?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bodden was playing the slot today. But we don't need him. Waste of money IMO. Dowling, bodden, and mccourty is great.

I wanna see Dowling play a down in the NFL at full speed before calling him great, but I am more than happy to have Bodden and DMC lining up together.

Vernon Gholston's still out there :D

If the Pats are going after Lawson or Roth, they might need to make an offer soon. If the reports are true, the Jets are going to lose out on Asomugha and Rex may want to save space by signing a bunch of bigger named free agents. Without Asomugha, the Jets are way behind the Pats in free agency acquistions and Rex can't have that. Losing Asomugha and Joseph off the market, he may have to settle for streaky Cromartie again. That means he might want to spend the money he was going to spend on Asomugha on a pass rush. Bryan Thomas and Calvin Pace aren't much better than what the Pats have at OLB.

Last edited:
Agreed. I think they'll try and get Roth or Lawson or some no name. Remember, they can still cut Kaczur(assuming Light gets resigned), restructure Mankins, cut some dead weight and still have plenty of money.

Nnamdi anyone?

They will cut kazcur right?....guy is pretty worthless..

I am speechless and optimistically awaiting the season, but at this rate, if we sign TO as well, I will not bat an eye. LOL

Did we cut Fletcher, Moore and Murrell?

Arrington isn't playing OLB anytime soon.

I'm all for an OLB addition or two. But let's not overstate our need.

Yes, I still very much want Lawson, Avril, or Roth.

Cunningham, Ninkovich, and Markell Carter? Dangerously thin at one spot. One injury and you are subbing Arrington in for stretches.

Roth has short arms doesn't fit the profile at OLB in BB system. I think Moore is being overlooked here also He did a good job considering he came in late in the season. I would like Lawson however if the cap is worked out.

Vernon Gholston's still out there :D

bad news...the rest of us on the Patsfans Kangaroo Kouncil conferred...you've been sentenced to life...walking a long, lonely path down by the pond in deep introspection...sorry,blue...always liked you but...:violent:

Last edited:
bad news...the rest of us on the Patsfans Kangaroo Kouncil conferred...you've been sentenced to life...walking a long, lonely path down by the pond in deep introspection...sorry,blue...always liked you but...:violent:

........and forced to look at Mr and Mrs Ryan's bare feet for eternity.........with NO snacks!:bricks:

What do you guys think of bring Ray Edwards to convert him into a OLB? Cause the OLB FA isn't looking to bright to me at all compared to what we have. I mean why not take chances with the undrafted players atm.

Last edited:
Except that Haynesworth won't stick. Half the season if we are lucky

I agree. As the reports on Haynesworth poured in here and on the Redskins boards, it got weirder what teammates and police reported. This guy won't get out of the pre-season. His utter lack of commitment to his teammates and unbelievably undisciplined behavior off the field will get this guy cut - or arrested.

This is a genuine SB contender and the older guys want their rings before TB ages out and/or their careers are over. Stephen Neal's retirement was a big deal for many of these players and Kevin Faulk is probably done too, leaving only Brady, Koppen, Light, Branch and Wilfork (I think) from SB XXXIX.

Haynesworth has never had the discipline to "just do his job." I suspect that the Pats make another move for a pass rusher/DL in free agency - maybe later when more cuts come through as teams pare rosters and they have a sense of whether Haynesworth is worth the risk.

Let's hope they aren't done. Full throttle, load up, go for it. Let's get an edge rusher.

Yes, I still very much want Lawson, Avril, or Roth.

Cunningham, Ninkovich, and Markell Carter? Dangerously thin at one spot. One injury and you are subbing Arrington in for stretches.

From Twitter & Mike Freeman of CBS:

RapSheet Ian R. Rapoport

From @realfreemancbs: "I'm told Patriots aren't done either. Could be one more surprise, a league official said, coming down the pike."

9 hours ago https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#https://twitter.com/#

they haven't even started in FA.....

these 2 came by trade

I think that you have to realize that technically you can not sign anyone until 6 pm tonight. Now various teams who talk alot to the media have already announced thier signings, BUT, you know that come 6pm, you should have a rush of signing announcments. I exepct the Pats will sign at least one or two more guys....................

I still hoping for a Manny Lawson/Roth signing

I agree. As the reports on Haynesworth poured in here and on the Redskins boards, it got weirder what teammates and police reported. This guy won't get out of the pre-season. His utter lack of commitment to his teammates and unbelievably undisciplined behavior off the field will get this guy cut - or arrested.

This is a genuine SB contender and the older guys want their rings before TB ages out and/or their careers are over. Stephen Neal's retirement was a big deal for many of these players and Kevin Faulk is probably done too, leaving only Brady, Koppen, Light, Branch and Wilfork (I think) from SB XXXIX.

Haynesworth has never had the discipline to "just do his job." I suspect that the Pats make another move for a pass rusher/DL in free agency - maybe later when more cuts come through as teams pare rosters and they have a sense of whether Haynesworth is worth the risk.

Haynesworth is a problematic guy to deal with however he was d player of the year and had 3 great years in a row(2007-2009) so the idea that he can't play a full season is just wrong.

Haynesworth is a problematic guy to deal with however he was d player of the year and had 3 great years in a row(2007-2009) so the idea that he can't play a full season is just wrong.

The idea that he won't isnt.

I had a flat tire! I didn't have enough money for cab fare! My tux didn't come back from the cleaners! An old friend came in from out of town! Someone stole my car! There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!!! please, please .....please don't make me walk down by the pond. A girls dorm yeah, but the pond NO :rolleyes:

Last edited:
What do you think of BB giving Derrick Harvey a flyer for camp? The kid had the talent, might be worth it to see if he can't live up to his potential in a change of scenery with great coaches and a great team around him. At 6'5" and 268 pounds, isn't that pretty close to what Belichick looks for in size at OLB? Or do you think he is too slow?

Usain Bolt was seen boarding a "people's express" plane for Foxborough airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back