PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are these the last days of klecko?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a question that is not allowed to be asked in this Forum. The official position here is that 'Klecko is a lock'.

R_T26 said:
I sure hope so.

After reading the title those were the first words that come out of my mouth. I'm sure Klecko is a nice guy but his role is pointless in my opionion. He is too short and when he lines up at fullback he screws it up. He is a waste of a roster spot. Cut his ass!

At this point,I would like to think Not.But then my senses kick in and I begin to wonder just how exactly he plans on Making the roster.Given the fact that he has messed around with the LB in the Past.He just hasnt gotten it through his head that he needs to show some spark and bust some ***** if he is going to be on of the 53 come September 2nd.I have always liked the kid,But really.He is No Joe Klecko here,Would love to see him make the cut.However,Really.I would say...Pack Your Bags Danny Boy..

I fear that "The Stump" will finally be rooted out and disposed of. He'll probably land with the Jets.

Tunescribe said:
I fear that "The Stump" will finally be rooted out and disposed of. He'll probably land with the Jets.
I figured they'd move him to wideout.

Last edited by a moderator:
Patriots4Ever said:
At this point,I would like to think Not.But then my senses kick in and I begin to wonder just how exactly he plans on Making the roster.Given the fact that he has messed around with the LB in the Past.He just hasnt gotten it through his head that he needs to show some spark and bust some ***** if he is going to be on of the 53 come September 2nd.I have always liked the kid,But really.He is No Joe Klecko here,Would love to see him make the cut.However,Really.I would say...Pack Your Bags Danny Boy..
Sadly, there are only so many roster spots.

'The last days of Klecko.'

Sounds like some cheesy movie on the Sci-Fi channel.

In the right defense, Klecko could be special. Unfortunately that won't happen in our defense.

One ray of hope for him. If we switch to a 4-3, he would have a good shot at sticking.

Tunescribe said:

I read in the Jets Forum that Joe Klecko, his Dad, said on NY radio that Mangini did not like Dan Klecko's play and was the one not playing him last year. So Jets are unlikely if this is so.

PatsWickedPissah said:
I read in the Jets Forum that Joe Klecko, his Dad, said on NY radio that Mangini did not like Dan Klecko's play and was the one not playing him last year. So Jets are unlikely if this is so.
Great news! So maybe we will see more of him this year.

PatsWickedPissah said:
More and more i read about things from last year it seems that Belichick put to much faith in Eric and that ruined his defense. Seriously.

PatsWickedPissah said:
That is a question that is not allowed to be asked in this Forum. The official position here is that 'Klecko is a lock'.

As one of the biggest proponent of "Klecko is a lock, 2004 AND 2005" I feel it my duty to say that:

a) I was absolutely SURE he was back then (and was proved correct - it was obvious, hash-smokers)

b) I don't hold that position for 2006. I think he has no way of making this team.

c) Depite everything, I hope I'm wrong - in the sense that I hope he shows an ability to contribute that BB finds valuable. We need good young defensive players BADLY right now, and if he WERE to do that, it would be awesome. Thing is, he won't.

So there.

Last edited:
Santonio Thomas looks set to make the roster at RDE, and Mike Wright of course is a virtual lock because he can play NT and DE. With Greene, and perhaps Marquis Hill or Sullivan, that's 7. Klecko didn't impress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back