PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Redskins as bad as the Dolphins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes.

inexperienced QB
decent runner in Portis, but not as good as R.Brown
defense is solid against the pass, but supposedly Miami was suppose to be too.
I think they are a little banged up as well.

Hold up, Its ok to call the team into question but calling out the fan's love for the team is another. Wait till you're window is closed and you return to the Pats of old. Let's see how many fair-weather fans you have. Even with a decade of bad playing the fans have sold out that stadium, even when norv turner was the coach. The link you posted are fans who respect the pats and understand the team is an underdog but don't call out the redskins fan base.

A review of your dictionary might help you here:

fa·nat·ic /fəˈnætɪk/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[fuh-nat-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a person with an extreme and uncritical enthusiasm or zeal.

I never said the Skins didn't have great fans, just that they have objective and realistic expectations about their chances this week. Don't come to this board and jump down people's throats because you have a weak grasp of the english language. Thanks.

:rofl: don't make me laugh. Come on, let's be civil here. Your saying the pats were a strong franchise before, please. YOu sound like eagle fans. What makes you think after brady is gone that the team will not stink again. You saw what happened when the backup went in against Miami. It happens to all great teams. I hope you don't think your franchise is better then the steelers or cowboys because then you're just insane.

I think this quote pretty much shows us what you are all about.

Have I not been civil? I have only noticed one aggressor in this discussion so far.

Thanks for showing your true colors, I will make a note of it.

FedEx Field has been sold out for years. Season ticket waiting lines are 20+ years. The stadium sells out every game regardless of how the team is doing. In the past 5 years we have been to the playoffs once but still continue to sell out every game.

There is nothing like a Redskins fan, which is why until the Cowboys build their new stadium, the Redskins are still the most profitable sports team in history. I know NE is somewhere high high on the list but the Skins are sitting at over 1.3 bil. No matter what, our fans will be passionate about their Redskins.

Last edited:
Their defense will provide the biggest challenge to our offense so far. I say "challenge" relatively speaking...the Skins offense is mediocre at best though. We are going to win going away.

To be honest, I think this will be the toughest game of the season thus far. I don't know if Brady is going to continue putting up the ridicolous numbers in this game that he has in the first 7, but either way, we'll win. Still, the question are the Redskins as bad the Dolpins is laughable. The Redskins have a good D and a good running game.

their running game will test our defense which has slacked a bit in the run defense

I believe that the Patriots will win but if they over look the skins. The Skins will beat them. Heck didn't Spurrier beat them?

Doubtful BB will overlook them, but the fans will. Maybe i should head up to Fox and dominate in some parking lot touch football. :)

their running game will test our defense which has slacked a bit in the run defense

Their running game is terrible. 3.6 ypc - 25th in the league. With a young QB and a Dline incapable of creating pressure, this could be the biggest blowout of the year.

The talent of their secondary is basically irrelevant if they can't get consistent pressure.

Their running game is terrible. 3.6 ypc - 25th in the league. With a young QB and a Dline incapable of creating pressure, this could be the biggest blowout of the year.

The talent of their secondary is basically irrelevant if they can't get consistent pressure.

?????? We have been using our front 4 the entire season. Rarely this year have we brough more than just the 4. A Carter leads the team with 5 sacks, and we have 16 total in 6 games.......... how does that translate to being incapable of creating pressure?

Last edited:
Yes.

inexperienced QB
decent runner in Portis, but not as good as R.Brown
defense is solid against the pass, but supposedly Miami was suppose to be too.
I think they are a little banged up as well.
One again, you don't have a clue what you are talking about. Do some research for a change prior to posting on this message board.

Rush Defense
Washington #5
Miami #31

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...onference=ALL&role=OPP&season=&seasonType=REG

Pass Defense
Washington #8
Miami #15

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...Type=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Find

Total Defense
Washington #4
Miami #27

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...Type=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=false&Submit=Find

Scoring Defense
Washington #3
Miami #32

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...se&Submit=Find&tabSeq=2&role=OPP&d-447263-p=1

Just based upon the defensive statistics alone, the Washington Redskins are a far better team than the Miami Dolphins.

?????? We have been using our front 4 the entire season. Rarely this year have we brough more than just the 4. A Carter leads the team with 5 sacks, and we have 16 total in 6 games.......... how does that translate to being incapable of creating pressure?

Sorry wanted this post moved to the new page.

The opening line @ 16 says yes.

You're way off here bro. Miami was at home, and have a good record against the Pats in the past. The Pats are coming off a 49 point game and playing at home against the Skins. That's where the spread comes form. It don't make the Skins any where close to the Phins. The Skins are way way better. There just is certain things that get factored in to making spreads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back