PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Are the Patriots built around Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady is a key player???? That is the understatement of the Century! Can you imagine any other QB going to the AFC Championship with Caldwell and Gaffney as his Number 1 & 2?

Sorry, but Brady is far more important to his team than P. Manning is to his. P Manning has a A quality OL and top WR's and has always had a stellar running game. Brady meanwhile won two SB's with A. Smith.

Please...are we going to start debating who is better Bledsoe or Brady again :(?????

A Brady-less Pats team beats a Manning-less Colts team 4 times out of 5. I guarantee it.

I think the Colts are built around Peyton Manning. For example, how many times have the Colts drafted a defensive player in the first round? Their team is built by taking the best offensive players first and then develop defensive players in the later rounds. The Pats on the other hand, go by the philosophy of "taking the best available player" no matter what. However, this offseason was strickly built around Tom Brady.

is this a trick question? can anyone name a QB the Colts aren't (haven't ever been) built for?

Now that's a game I'd love to watch.

I don't think this would be much more exciting than a Patriots/Raiders game.

In the Past the Patriots haven't built around Brady, while the Colts are heavily built around Manning. Look at all the first round talent the Colts have drafted to either protect Manning, receive his passes, or run behind him. The Patriots have invested in their offense, and they have added a lot more weapons for Brady this offseason, but the team itself is still not actually built around Brady. Just look at the Salary cap, and you notice the Patriots money is more evenly spread out than the Colts. Actually they spread money around more evenly than most NFL teams.

NE wants more of a strong overall team than having one strong unit while the other units are only decent. Look at the Ravens, they've hurt themselves by building up their defense but never really fixing that offense. The Colts continue to do the same with their team but it's their offense that continually gets built up. This year after losing a bunch of defensive players to free agency they spend another first round pick on a WR for Manning, and a second rounder on an O-Linemen. Now the Colts did draft a lot of defensive players, but their two highest picks were spent on offense.

Brady is a key player???? That is the understatement of the Century! Can you imagine any other QB going to the AFC Championship with Caldwell and Gaffney as his Number 1 & 2?

Sorry, but Brady is far more important to his team than P. Manning is to his. P Manning has a A quality OL and top WR's and has always had a stellar running game. Brady meanwhile won two SB's with A. Smith.

Please...are we going to start debating who is better Bledsoe or Brady again :(?????

I completely agree with your point on Manning's always having top notch talent surrounding him, and he's never really been put in the type of situation's Brady has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back